Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - GO TECH II - 30 Jan 2022

Islam Soliman

Hi@Islam Soliman, hi all, 

I have to step out this weekend my engine light is on and my car is not really shifting anymore. Seems to be a serious issue with the transmission. I have no hope that Jeep will fix this tomorrow. 

So guys on the waiting list, you are the lucky ones...for me it will be a sad weekend, I will probably cry on Sunday morning because I'll miss this amazing drive! 

Have fun and I hope my Jeep will be ready for next week again. 

Sorry for the inconvenience, Islam! 

Regards, 

Felix

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 3

Thanks @Felix Obst for letting me know and sorry to hear about the Wrangler.. hope all will be sorted out smoothly and will see u soon on the sand

@Shahid Mehmood you are on top of the WL so this is for you to take.. pls confirm 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear @Alexanderrr @hugo @Quresh Pajero @Yawa @Shahid Mehmood @Zixuan Huang - Charlie @Joseph Raju @Manoj Soman @Rob S @Vanessa8580

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 7:00am (or before) and be ready to move max by 7:20max (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving

5- Please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all oils, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio, a proper shovel (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

P.S. please bring more water than what you usually have

9- Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/UGVDtqo5Khmwf3PN8 

10- Convoy Order:

image.png.673d18933aec28c1a7c9a245bec074cc.png

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Charbel said:

hi @Islam Soliman can i join tomorrow ? been waiting for a pure technical drive :) 

Sure @Charbel.. come and will squeeze you in

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Really Wonderful drive @Islam Soliman . It was not only a drive but a physical exercise too. Shoveling Shoveling .............

Thank you @Charlie  @Vanessa8580 for the support throughout the drive.

As warned it was a drive to test our skills, control, recovery, communication, patients and team work and I think all done very well.

Looking forward to join similar technical drives.

Posted some photos of the drive in Gallery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was my first Fewbie drive and was full of technical challenges and loads of new learnings.. thank you @Islam Soliman for this wonderful drive !! thank you @Vanessa8580@Alexanderrr @Charlie for the support!

The photos are uploaded in the gallery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use