•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 28 May 2022

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  28 May, Saturday

Meeting time: 6:00 AM  (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Starting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/cSgEY7dNvs4VPV7Q9

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL END THE DRIVE AT A POINT WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• RSVP will close on Friday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @idzentity.. welcome to @Carnitythanks for signing up to this drive. 

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience?
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets in good conditions
  • Please confirm you have a programmable radio and a flag
  • Please ensure you watch the below video before tomorrow's drive

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

• Please familiarize yourself with the readings in the links below.
Important links to read:

Drive RSVP is now closed

Dear @Jaro Tuzinsky @RiaanJH @idzentity @Jad Moussalli @Jerry Han @Brendan White @eldose baby @VipinShetty @Joji varghese @Rajiv Sam 

Pre-drive details below:

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.
  • Be at the meeting point by 6:00am (or before) and start deflating your tires to 14psi (front) and 13psi (rear)
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)
  • Briefing will be done on on the sand before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your tire deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor, safety flag and radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/cSgEY7dNvs4VPV7Q9
  • Convoy Order:

image.png.fa1c87b2e6bc34afd2c4886751ea7942.png

@Kailas and I are looking forward for seeing you tomorrow

• Thanks (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you, @Islam Soliman, looking forward to the drive.

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Year.

Jeep Cherokee 1999

• Do you have any prior off-road experience?

Lots back in Canada, but completely new to desert driving. I took the Carnity Driving Masterclass last week with Srikumar.

• Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets in good conditions

Yes, my vehicle has front and rear tow hooks.

• Please confirm you have a programmable radio and a flag

I have a bunch of Retevis walkie talkies, but I'm not sure what frequencies they are set at, and they are not programmable.

I do have a sand flag.

• Please ensure you watch the below video before tomorrow's drive

I have watched the video.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, idzentity said:

@Islam Soliman

I'll remove myself from the drive, as I can't confirm the radio frequencies will match with what you're using. Unless someone knows a shop in Al Ain I can pick one up tonight; apologies for this over sight.

Hate to see you leaving the drive.. we can manage lending you a radio for this drive until you have your own @idzentity as long as the rest of the requirements are in place.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use