Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Scenic UAQ and RAK Trails - RAK - 17 Dec 2022

Frederic

Hi @Frederic

I just checked the tire installed my car is “General HTs60” (not AT). This tire still run for 8k kms so it is new tire. Please advise if it is ok or not.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ishak said:

Hi @Frederic

I just checked the tire installed my car is “General HTs60” (not AT). This tire still run for 8k kms so it is new tire. Please advise if it is ok or not.

Hi @Ishak of course, HT tyres are definitely not bad for the sand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 12/12/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ishak said:

Thank you.. I am in. This will be my first drive .. 😃

Welcome @Ishak !

As this is your first drive, please go through our Absolute Newbie Briefing Video:

(The COVID restrictions are lifted)

For your first drive you will only need to bring a deflator and a tyre compressor. Once this drive is completed you will need to get your offroad tools as per Newbie level:

- Two Way UHF Radio, programmed as per our channels
- Offroad Flag
- Shovel
- Deflator, pressure gauge
- Air Compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive.

If you have these tools already you are welcome to bring them of course.
MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

• Like (+1) 1

Good morning All !

Attendees

@imranaasghar81 @Ahmed Wagdy @Theo09@Ahmad Nerat@Frans M@Sammy Six@Jeetu Sharma@lucas amat@Andrei S@Ishak@Mike M.@Danish Mohammad@Udit S@rohit kumar@premindra rajaram@MohamedSherif

Managed and supported by :
Waitlisted Attendees

Taking into account the great support on this drive and considering this is a scenic drive which is not that extremely difficult, i have decided to stretch the RSVP to give you all an opportunity to enjoy this wonderful terrain.

A few notes to make things go a bit smoother:

1. When you arrive at the meeting point, park the cars a bit orderly next to each other. There is ample space but this area can be quite busy with farmer pickup trucks and camels on their way to the race track. Start deflating to 14psi if you have Highway HT tyres, or 12psi if you have All Terrain AT tyres.

image.png.b1df91573a19303341b9729c3e566bad.png

2. Please be on time. In our club this usually means arriving 10-15 mins earlier than the mentioned meetup-time so you can deflate your tyres and get the flag installed. That way, by 7AM we would be ready to do the briefing. It might be a bit chilly so bring a sweater or jacket.

3. This drive is perfect to bring family or friends as passengers. We will be driving through the dunes, but we will also make use of existing farm tracks so we have time to relax and they can take some photos of the scenic terrain. We will take at least 2 breaks as well.

4. This drive is not a dune-bashing style drive. I have mentioned this clearly on the drive topic.

5. We will be exiting in Falaj Al Mualla, which is a quiet little town. Have a look around and perhaps try one of the little restaurants in the area. 

6. The last petrol station is located here:

https://goo.gl/maps/jL1UvZakWRjMDpZB9

We will be using Radio Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz Please make sure to bring your programmed radio. For the ones joining us for the first time i can provide you with a spare radio that you can use.

I will be posting the convoy list tomorrow. 

See you all soon !

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Hi Fred and all other Carnity Gurus,

I saw that some newbie drives accommodate absolute newbies now, which is great. I just wondered if an absolute newbie can attend such a drive in my car with myself as a passenger next time? I understand a subscription will be required, but are there any other requirements/ restrictions?

Many thanks,

Andrei

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Andrei S said:

Hi Fred and all other Carnity Gurus,

I saw that some newbie drives accommodate absolute newbies now, which is great. I just wondered if an absolute newbie can attend such a drive in my car with myself as a passenger next time? I understand a subscription will be required, but are there any other requirements/ restrictions?

Many thanks,

Andrei

Hi @Andrei S yes, as we do not have separate Absolute Newbie drives anymore, they are now part of the Newbie drives. 

You can indeed lend your car to another person, as long as that person is the one who makes a user profile and RSVP's on the drive.  We also ask not to swap during the drive itself, as it would become impossible for us to keep track of the drives you have done.

Long story short... we track the member itself and their progress in Carnity, not the vehicle. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Andrei S yes, as we do not have separate Absolute Newbie drives anymore, they are now part of the Newbie drives. 

You can indeed lend your car to another person, as long as that person is the one who makes a user profile and RSVP's on the drive.  We also ask not to swap during the drive itself, as it would become impossible for us to keep track of the drives you have done.

Long story short... we track the member itself and their progress in Carnity, not the vehicle. 

Thanks Fred, that's perfect. I'll arrange next time.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Andrei S said:

Hi All,

Sorry, I'll will have to cancel - got an injury. I can drive but I'm a complete wreck outside of a car.

See you next time.

Andrei

Sorry to hear that ! Take care and hope you recover swiftly !

Good morning @Rashid Alseeni

Kindly introduce yourselves and provide the following details:

1. Which 4x4 are you driving ?

2. Any prior offroading experiences ? 

3. Does the vehicle have front and rear towpoints ?

As this is your first drive, please go through our Absolute Newbie Briefing Video:

(The COVID restrictions are lifted)

For your first drive you will only need to bring a deflator and a tyre compressor. Once this drive is completed you will need to get your offroad tools as per Newbie level:

- Two Way UHF Radio, programmed as per our channels
- Offroad Flag
- Shovel
- Deflator, pressure gauge
- Air Compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive.

If you have these tools already you are welcome to bring them of course.
MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use