Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - "Rise Up to Chkpt 200, time for Sweihan" - Abu Dhabi - 11 Feb 2022

Varun Mehndiratta

I will join the chorus and congratulate + thank you  @Varun Mehndiratta for the super drive you led last Saturday. it was virtually a nonstop, highspeed, heart thumping and exhilarating drive from the word go and kudos to you for keeping it at that fluid level throughout the time we were driving. It was nice to see the entire convoy bringing their A games – absence of refusals and/or major stuck was testimony to everyone’s skills, focus and resilience.  

thank you @Hisham Masaad for the support. Your presence in any drive lifts the mood and morale of the whole convoy to another level and Saturday's was no different. 

@Beide Worku - trust your ride is all sorted without much hassel and is fit for the adventure awaiting us coming weekend - hope to see you there.

@Naveen Raj   @Gertjan  @Vaibhav  @Simon D   @Tareq Al Turq  @Ranjan Das  @Mohamad Anwer    was nice meeting you gentlemen; your company made the drive even more exciting. 

My adventure continued a bit longer. In my rush to rush home pushing my dear jeep on the expressway around 130 kmph; was about to reach Al Faqa when my front right tyre gave up. Spent couple of seconds in 1. realising what just happened 2. to keep the jeep steady and the toughest part 3. to steer the jeep on to the left kerb in evering speeding traffic.  Those were some anxious moments - thankfully i and my jeep were safe. Most probable cause as per the guys at the shop was the tyre taking a beating or going over a nair/barbed wire - well that's history as my girl has new pairs of shoe to sport and one spare too :-). Most thankful to @Waqas Parvez and @ASAD. for stopping and extending their support - thank you guys and really appreciate the gesture.

image.jpeg.39de522ee148c0581643f523ab8d3a1c.jpeg

Eventually had to get a ride for my ride to end the ride - that's perhaps overdoing a bit :-)... already looking forward to the next one!

image.jpeg.42bc9afc26eb219cb2136237a08e0775.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 6

6 minutes ago, Ranjan Das said:

I will join the chorus and congratulate + thank you  @Varun Mehndiratta for the super drive you led last Saturday. it was virtually a nonstop, highspeed, heart thumping and exhilarating drive from the word go and kudos to you for keeping it at that fluid level throughout the time we were driving. It was nice to see the entire convoy bringing their A games – absence of refusals and/or major stuck was testimony to everyone’s skills, focus and resilience.  

thank you @Hisham Masaad for the support. Your presence in any drive lifts the mood and morale of the whole convoy to another level and Saturday's was no different. 

@Beide Worku - trust your ride is all sorted without much hassel and is fit for the adventure awaiting us coming weekend - hope to see you there.

@Naveen Raj   @Gertjan  @Vaibhav  @Simon D   @Tareq Al Turq  @Ranjan Das  @Mohamad Anwer    was nice meeting you gentlemen; your company made the drive even more exciting. 

My adventure continued a bit longer. In my rush to rush home pushing my dear jeep on the expressway around 130 kmph; was about to reach Al Faqa when my front right tyre gave up. Spent couple of seconds in 1. realising what just happened 2. to keep the jeep steady and the toughest part 3. to steer the jeep on to the left kerb in evering speeding traffic.  Those were some anxious moments - thankfully i and my jeep were safe. Most probable cause as per the guys at the shop was the tyre taking a beating or going over a nair/barbed wire - well that's history as my girl has new pairs of shoe to sport and one spare too :-). Most thankful to @Waqas Parvez and @ASAD. for stopping and extending their support - thank you guys and really appreciate the gesture.

image.jpeg.39de522ee148c0581643f523ab8d3a1c.jpeg

Eventually had to get a ride for my ride to end the ride - that's perhaps overdoing a bit :-)... already looking forward to the next one!

image.jpeg.42bc9afc26eb219cb2136237a08e0775.jpeg

Thanks @Ranjan Das da for your words of support and appreciation. Really glad that all went safe. Looking forward to see you and your ride with its new heels sometime soon. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Beide Worku said:

Glad you managed okay. My car is still at the doc, seems the simpler the part the harder to find it on the shelf. See you soon. 

Oops... will it be ready for the two-day adventure you planned this weekend ? :)

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use