•  

Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock to Big Red "Pitch Black Loops" - Sharjah - 16 June 2023

M.Seidam

Apologies guys, I’m having to pull out from the drive. unfortunately I have work commitments that need my attention. Have a great, safe drive and will catch you all next week hopefully 🙏 

• Sad (0) 3

Dear Friends 

please note :

RSVP IS CLOSED NOW 

radio channel 2 ( 446031 ) 

please be sharp or bit earlier at 9:15 pm today at second dec caf https://goo.gl/maps/4fdgoxnzcVTKjAGz7

No radio or flag = no drive 

convoy order

image.jpeg.b01c7904fb51625c0ae670c15198cf20.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Drive Report 

Indeed it was a pitch black and a challenging drive last night especially around big red . 

At second December cafeteria every one was on time ready and after the brief we headed toward our first “pitch black loop” around the eastern side of pink rock on the track passing jabal nazwa and looping around the 🐊 rock back the western side of pink rock were the guys enjoyed climbing the loops before we ascend the rock as usual. That was the warming up loop. 
image.jpeg.e6d1d052d3d23dff5103b66818c06237.jpeg

Now the eyes and senses are accustomed to get to the next level bit faster and bit challenging ascending and descending in roll coster kind of fashion and here we encountered couple refusals which was expected and the first thing we did when down back to the track is to check our tire pressure along with a coffe break .

image.jpeg.7543e3f55c5c92bfe7cdd10bb83977df.jpegimage.jpeg.c8eb688137aab17b8eaa85d45767fa8f.jpeg

now comes the most interesting and challenging part of the whole trip and for this one I have to admit that despite the challenge every one was determined to take the challenge. Counterclockwise we looped around big red reaching as top as possible negotiating its Bowles up there in the dark in the order of west , south and east and back to north this last one we encountered a nasty stuck when @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke got his Pajero wedged in a tricky situation in wedged between the limbs of a V shape bowl.

image.jpeg.efe2c617445faa2b0eac487cc419f974.jpeg

image.jpeg.bf5adc0e139dac0f4e4c2651fd1ff1a5.jpeg

probably this was the only true stuck of the night. A team work spirit buzzed and acted immediately for help in timely and coordinated fashion after the plan of recovery explained and set ready. Luckily we had two winch enabled cars thanks to @Ignacio Quindósand @Zulfikhar Naiyar were a double winching was set to bring the Pajero one third of a distance up the hill to clear it’s rear and it was done safely. After that Luke could reverse it and luckily without winching and with the proper instructions came forward and exited by self recovery. 
image.jpeg.8004f2b0894131f4af836f2551827f7b.jpeg

On the way to exit I thanked all participants and the listened to their positive feedback which was confirmed by the big smiles while inflating . 

@Ignacio Quindós thank you for being an excellent second lead and all the help when ever was needed. my regards to Ignacio junior 😉

@Sunil Mathew thank you for anchoring the first to the second half of the convoy . Fantastic . I hope your son had enjoyed the black loops 😉

@Benjamin amazing sweep and communication as usual and thanks for keeping me informed always from the tail of the convoy as well as for the help in the last stuck as well .

It was pleasure to meet for the first time both @Zulfikhar Naiyar and @Dinesh Kumar A very well done and thanks for sharing the passion.

rest of the team 

@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke @Michael @MohamedSherif @Waqar Sarwarand @Krishna R

you all did more than great guys. 

till we meet again take care and drive safe 

cheers 

seidam 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidam great drive in the infinite dark loops! Thank you for the great drive report it was very informative :) 

For me this drive was a challenge to understand the limits of my halogen jeep lights illuminating the sandy waves, with a few minor refusals I managed to continue to press on while capturing some nice photos on the top of pink rock :) 

everyone drove amazingly we had a healthy mix of driving and refusals which usually are the most important style of off-road experience; learning how to recover safely is just as important as learning to drive safely.

@Krishna R always good to meet up in the trail, especially seeing that mighty Xterra climb dunes. 

@Ignacio Quindós@Zulfikhar Naiyar both did well with the double winch was amazing seeing the abilities of these tools in situations without would mean removing the dune by shovel. 

everyone I missed out drove great and will look forward to the next one! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Nice drive as usual Doc @M.Seidam..

On 6/17/2023 at 11:16 AM, M.Seidam said:

I hope your son had enjoyed the black loops 😉

It was my 12yo son's first night drive experience and he enjoyed it a lot, and was wide awake all through the drive, and also loved the recovery , winching etc.

@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke did a wonderful job of self recovering after the winching efforts by @Ignacio Quindós and @Zulfikhar Naiyar, both doing a wonderful job with their equipment.

It was nice to do the Big Red at night (first time for me) , although we could not complete the full ascents as planned. Looking forward to do a full climb at night 🙂and test limits of our concentration .

Good to meet everyone on the drive, see you all soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @M.Seidam for a very interesting drive without moon! I also had the opportunity to use my winch and practice a tricky recovery in coordination with @Zulfikhar Naiyar

Thank you for the detailed report as well. It’s always a pleasure attending your drives. 

IMG_4270.jpeg.0dbb90c9e038a96deb9e6842520a722d.jpeg

Rest of the images in the gallery. 

Cheers!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

57 minutes ago, Ignacio Quindós said:

Thank you @M.Seidam for a very interesting drive without moon! I also had the opportunity to use my winch and practice a tricky recovery in coordination with @Zulfikhar Naiyar

IMG_4270.jpeg.0dbb90c9e038a96deb9e6842520a722d.jpeg

Rest of the images in the gallery. 

Cheers!

😅😅😅😅

🙏🙏🙏🙏

Important Information

Terms of use