•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 30 Sep 2023

Hisham Masaad

This was a truly unique drive it is hard to find a place to start! So I'll use the age-old technique of chronological order. 

From the start-point everyone was getting ready for a classic 'yalla push' drive, after a safety brief everyone embarked in their respective 4x4 when @Hisham Masaad ran into some issues starting his FJ. (Hisham I hope the issue is resolved soon Badayer needs the king back soon!) this unfortunately meant that our marshal had to retire from the drive before the journey began. 

This left the rest of the convoy ready to turn back before our close-by advisor @Davie Chase (A.K,A Smooth Operator, soon to be EX popout champion 😆) came to the rescue like a knight in shining armor. Great job mate the drive went extremely well for your first intermediate lead hope to join on many to come in the future!

Moving with haste we entered into a technical patch that was both challenging and fun, once we got to long range dunes the whole convoy was ready to open up their throttles to match the heights of the toughest dunes in this area. through the dunes we met multiple different clubs with large convoys which slowed down the back-end of our flowing convoy, once we got around the other clubs without hesitation we got back up to pace  and enjoyed the rest of the lengthy dunes in the area 

everyone drove amazingly well  @Mark B @Jona @Gary F @Ignacio Quindós  @Bashar Beasha @Krishna R @Alexanderrr @Amir Amiri

Till the next one everyone! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Well done @Davie Chase on your first IM lead ! I am sure once the nerves settled down you had a great time and no doubt the convoy as well ! Keep it up ! @Hisham Masaadas king of Badayer has a new crown prince of Badayer to look out for 😜

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

34 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Well done @Davie Chase on your first IM lead ! I am sure once the nerves settled down you had a great time and no doubt the convoy as well ! Keep it up ! @Hisham Masaadas king of Badayer has a new crown prince of Badayer to look out for 😜

@Frederic yes definitely a tad nerve racking but fun just the same, having been on the advisor drive the day before following @Hisham Masaad made a huge difference to the confidence levels 

would not be here or able to lead with confidence without the continued support from all the trip leads, crew, support team members and of course the fantastic club members @Carnity is truly a fantastic club which is a pleasure and honor to be a part of.

• Like (+1) 5

Was a fantastic drive! @Davie Chase appreciate you stepping in (wouldn’t have wanted to be in your position) but you rose to the challenge like a champion! And it was a great drive, especially for my first IM 😊 great mix of terrain and some great pace! My favourite bit 😎😎 looking forward to following you more in the future on IM drives, rest of support team were great too and everyone drove amazingly 

see you on the next one chaps! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Mark B said:

Was a fantastic drive! @Davie Chase appreciate you stepping in (wouldn’t have wanted to be in your position) but you rose to the challenge like a champion! And it was a great drive, especially for my first IM 😊 great mix of terrain and some great pace! My favourite bit 😎😎 looking forward to following you more in the future on IM drives, rest of support team were great too and everyone drove amazingly 

see you on the next one chaps! 

@Davie Chasethank you for a wonderful drive, which I rather enjoyed especially after passing the first technical and bushy area! Afterwhich, the pace picked up and it was full of action. 

You took on the challenge of the lead, unprepared, and turned it into a fun day for all of us.! I am sure Hisham would have rather enjoyed the action, who we unfortunately missed today due to car trouble. But he knew he put us in good hands. 👍 

What a great team of superb drivers,  And excellent support by @Benjamin who fixed a popout in amazing speed. 

Look forward to another drive with you guys shortly. 

Regards 

Mohamad 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Great and glad to go through post-drive comments. Thank you very much @Davie Chase for taking over, and leading the convoy. Al hamdu lillah my car issue happened at meeting point and not during the drive. Car is fixed, found the petrol pump one of the sockets burned. Loo forward to see you again guys in sand.

Nice weekend

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Congratulations on your first IM drive mate. Well done! 

On 9/30/2023 at 11:06 AM, Davie Chase said:

@Hisham Masaad announced on the radio that his car would not start.

I think you meant your co-passenger in the advisor drive.

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper, no Hisham definitely announced on the radio his car would not start as we were just getting ready to pull away and start the drive, so we were all in our cars :)

• WOW (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use