•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 5 Nov 2023

Srikumar

Thanks to everyone, amazing drive and so many experiences with many things to learn from each.

Thanks to Sri, lovely drive, thanks to all the support team, all went smoothly.

I took the chance to make this video in Relieve, with the rim of Luke at the end :(, I hope you like it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

39 minutes ago, Dan S said:

Thanks to everyone, amazing drive and so many experiences with many things to learn from each.

Thanks to Sri, lovely drive, thanks to all the support team, all went smoothly.

I took the chance to make this video in Relieve, with the rim of Luke at the end :(, I hope you like it

Awesome video!!😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

A pretty exciting drive with lots of action throughout the day.

When we started this morning, it seemed that the desert was a tarmac where we could  have driven without deflation and on 2H. But as the sun started coming up and the upper layer started to dry, the challenges began in the form of refusals. The maximum learning happens when you have Refusals and Stucks, as there is where you develop the finer skills of driving on the sand.

All the Newbies did exceptionally well driving, keeping the right amount of distance and maintaining the momentum. Today's drive was definitely above a typical Newbie level drive, and you all should be proud of how you tackled the dunes today.

@Imran Asghar and @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke were the real show stoppers of the day 😂But look at the bright side your car will now be even more ready for the DCT. I am sure @Davie Chase would be glad that the broken rim happened on a Newbie drive rather than when they are making a challenge for the Champions Trophy.

Big thank you to @Davie Chase , @Benjamin  @Fabien Monleau for joining and supporting the drive. Special mention to @Felix Obst who handled the Second Lead position superbly well.

It was a pleasure driving with all of you on a beautiful Sunday morning in Sweihan.

Till we meet again on sands, take care.

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Srikumar, Sweihan and Newbie ? What an explosive cocktail… Short night, very short night to reach Sweihan at 0630 sharp… A beautiful sunrise, cool temperature, a long convoy to sweep…

Large dunes, hard sand, beautiful lines smoothly lead by @Srikumar … The convoy is sailing on the sand, from dune to dune… A few refusals quickly managed by @Benjamin and the convoy hits the road again as a train we cannot stop…

And suddenly, the first issue raised. @Imran Asghardecided to use his exhaust as a cup holder and @PETELCZYC PAJERO - lukethought it was time to get new rims. @Davie Chasebecame MacGyver, jumping from an emergency repair to another emergency one. His good results, permitted us to exit at 11 am.

Finally, I had a very pleasant and lazy drive as sweep. I enjoyed the beautiful sceneries offered by Sweihan dunes.

I hope to drive with you again. I wish you a nice week 😉

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

For those interested... This was the amount of force required to break a wheel off... Video of break and then time-lapse replacing it.

Turns out the rims are 'genuine replicas' 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HAosRUM5c6tArUzQ9

"just a popout" LoL yeah right 😅

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
Typos
  • WOW (+2) 4

13 hours ago, Srikumar said:

I am sure @Davie Chase would be glad that the broken rim happened on a Newbie drive rather than when they are making a challenge for the Champions Trophy.

This is why I'm holding on drives with you until after 19th Nov @Srikumar. I saw the photos on his Insta and I wonder how can an original Methods wheel "exploded" in a Newbie Drive in Sweihan? 😂😂😂 Imagine for an Intermediate drive, I need to bring the whole spare parts shop in the cargo area just to be prepared 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Zed said:

This is why I'm holding on drives with you until after 19th Nov @Srikumar. I saw the photos on his Insta and I wonder how can an original Methods wheel "exploded" in a Newbie Drive in Sweihan? 😂😂😂 Imagine for an Intermediate drive, I need to bring the whole spare parts shop in the cargo area just to be prepared 😅

hand forged genuine replica rims by the finest craftsmen in mussafah.  :-(

• Sad (0) 1
  • WOW (+2) 3

6 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

hand forged genuine replica rims by the finest craftsmen in mussafah.  :-(

lolz, so it's Methods-looks then 😂  you may want to opt for originals if wife allows, I had 3 Method 703 BeadGrip rims pop-out during @Srikumar's Intermediate and they are still in my LC after rebuild... not broken yet (touch wood) 😅

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke said:

For those interested... This was the amount of force required to break a wheel off... Video of break and then time-lapse replacing it.

Turns out the rims are 'genuine replicas' 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HAosRUM5c6tArUzQ9

"just a popout" LoL yeah right 😅

Wow that really did not seem like a very high force, sorry that it did happen but like many others said, happy that it happened now and not during the championship

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use