•  

CANCELLED - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 09 Dec 2023

Looper

DRIVE PLAN

It's going to be a churned up track. Typical "Sweihan Drive": drive tall, drive fast, drive quick.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 09 Dec 2023, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  6:45 AM (we will leave at 7:00 am)
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/xY6aK4cDazQQ8Ufh6
  • Approximate finish time: 10:00AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge (MANDATORY)
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles (MANDATORY)
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 09 Dec 2023

Sweihan - Nagra Hill - Sweihan

@Zed, @Patrick van der Loo, @Ashutosh Garg, @Tareq Al Turq, @Cha, @Bashar Beasha, @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Christian Andras, @Bjoern, @Benjamin  Thank you all for signing up for the drive.

For the last few drives my modus operandi has been, meet up and drive without much discourse about what we are going to do. My convoy planning has been limited to my second lead and perhaps #3 at most. The reason being that at this level the convoy members can manage at any level they are put at.

Last time we drove in Sweihan we were only 4 members and I let the convoy order to be fluid. Fill in whatever position one gets a chance to, so that the conovy keeps moving. If one driver had a refusal, then they loop back into the convoy and keep driving, whichever position they get back into the convoy. But I found that Carnity discipline is very strongly embedded in all of us. After the first few min, the short convoy spontaneously decided on a convoy order and followed it till the end without breaking it. Frankly, I was very proud of the culture of discipline we have at Carnity and the strong sense of safe driving etiquette that comes along with it.

We will deflate to start by 7:00 a.m. sharp, but keep in mind that the drive could be slightly longer than usual. After checking out a couple of play areas in the Sweihan we will drive towards Nagra hill and conquer it. We then will move south towards Old Lady dune but take a westward turn and go back to Sweihan.

Just be aware that Sweihan and especially Nagara Hill; those places are a mess and are full of bouncy track infested desert area. Due to the dew-soaked wet sand the tracks are going to be pronounced and they don't get erased by the wind being made on sticky sand.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

PS l: welcome back @Christian Andras. It has been 25 months since I last drove with you. Glad to see you on the convoy. 

32 minutes ago, Looper said:

But I found that Carnity discipline is very strongly embedded in all of us. After the first few min, the short convoy spontaneously decided on a convoy order and followed it till the end without breaking it. Frankly, I was very proud of the culture of discipline we have at Carnity and the strong sense of safe driving etiquette that comes along with it.

Put me in 2nd Lead and that discipline will be tested 😂 *joking, i won't separate the convoy, most probably 50m left & right from marshal's footpath 😁

1 hour ago, Zed said:

Put me in 2nd Lead and that discipline will be tested 😂 *joking, i won't separate the convoy, most probably 50m left & right from marshal's footpath 😁

Wow 😮 you are in fact in the second lead. The names in my previous post is my tentative convoy order. For a change I have a convoy order as well this time 😜

• Thanks (+1) 1

Good morning @Zed, @Ashutosh Garg, @Tareq Al Turq, @Cha, @Bashar Beasha, @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Christian Andras, @Benjamin

We will rock on Ch 2.

We will meet at 0645 hrs. or earlier, to deflate and start at 0700 hrs. sharp.

We will follow the below convoy order at start but please note that we will keep it fluid.

image.png.473a983f4591637511f8a797ec931b50.png

Rest well for an intense drive tomorrow morning.

PS: the model and level are pulled from my personal excel file so it could differ from what you bring to drive or call your ride or even the level you are at.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 12/6/2023 at 6:28 PM, Looper said:

change I have a convoy order as well this time 😜

thats quite a change from the last 2 weeks of IM drives with you !! @Looper

On 12/6/2023 at 5:14 PM, Looper said:

PS l: welcome back @Christian Andras.

@Christian Andras  - you are signed up for tomorrows newbie drive with @Ale Vallecchi as well in the manage tab 🙃....not too sure how the @Carnity algorithms let you do it , but would be a good idea to decide on one of these 2 drives  :D

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/6/2023 at 5:14 PM, Looper said:

PS l: welcome back @Christian Andras. It has been 25 months since I last drove with you. Glad to see you on the convoy. 

Thanks!! My last drive with Carnity was in June 2022…:-) I maybe should go with the newbie😂😂😂. Don’t know how I managed to sign up, I was just looking around…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Christian Andras said:

Thanks!! My last drive with Carnity was in June 2022…:-) I maybe should go with the newbie😂😂😂. Don’t know how I managed to sign up, I was just looking around…

No worries.

I was referring to my last drive with you, which was an Intermediate drive at Al Wathaba on 27th Nov 2021

• Looper changed the title to CANCELLED - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 09 Dec 2023

Important Information

Terms of use