Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 17 Dec 2023

Davie Chase

Dear desert wanders  @Frans M @Emanuel @frederic demolder @Issam Atra @Pacific @essam ibrahim @Mahmoud Taha @Mark B @george charbel @Xavi Moyano @JohanE @Gary F @Dan S @Rafey Hashmi   @Imteeaz @Imran Asghar- Thanks for signing up for this drive  ! 

Thanks to @Varun Mehndiratta  that we are able to accommodate all and have 2 convoys tomorrow. 

Please find the convoy order for both convoys and also radio channel ( Channel 2 ie 446.031 for Convoy 1 by @DP1011 and Channel 4, i.e  446.081 for convoy 2, by @Davie Chase

image.png.a634948a4b9acafd64aa3737dc3d3575.png

image.png.5ed77d9684bfd07f0d1bd42659b5a98d.png

See you all tomorrow 7am, deflated and ready to move.  The plan is both convoys will move different routes, aim to gather at the stone formations for a photograph, and exit depending on the convoy flow, either at start point or towards Sweihan :)  

To avoid traffic jam and confusion, CONVOY 1 will park after the gate entrance on Left side and CONVOY 2 will park going few meters ahead at the bend as below

image.png.6526459a39ce12d493546584707a57a2.png

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

38 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

Dear desert wanders  @Frans M @Emanuel @frederic demolder @Issam Atra @Pacific @essam ibrahim @Mahmoud Taha @Mark B @george charbel @Xavi Moyano @JohanE @Gary F @Dan S @Rafey Hashmi   @Imteeaz- Thanks for signing up for this drive  ! 

Thanks to @Varun Mehndiratta  that we are able to accommodate all and have 2 convoys tomorrow. 

Please find the convoy order for both convoys and also radio channel ( Channel 2 ie 446.031 for Convoy 1 by @DP1011 and Channel 4, i.e  446.081 for convoy 2, by @Davie Chase

image.png.ea8cbb9d71a8a7cba63a4dec9f54e829.png

image.png.5ed77d9684bfd07f0d1bd42659b5a98d.png

See you all tomorrow 7am, deflated and ready to move.  The plan is both convoys will move different routes, aim to gather at the stone formations for a photograph, and exit depending on the convoy flow, either at start point or towards Sweihan :)  

To avoid traffic jam and confusion, CONVOY 1 will park after the gate entrance on Left side and CONVOY 2 will park going few meters ahead at the bend as below

image.png.6526459a39ce12d493546584707a57a2.png

@DP1011, If an emergency patient is getting admitted late night, i wont join for tomorrow, hope patient dont get admitted 🤪

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Another amazing drive @Davie Chase. You set a great plan and track for us to enjoy with few issues which were mostly promptly sorted. S/L with you is always a pleasure and your timely communication with us is very good and reassuring when needed. Thanks to those that helped me from an unexpected crest. Seems like we weren't even warming up yet when that happened. Reset my groove and the rest of the drive was smooth. See you next weekend.

Thanks to @Imteeaz and @Mark B for supporting us on the drive. It was a good crew. @Rafey Hashmi your Jimmy and driving we amazing too in this challenging drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear friends, !  What a beautiful day it has been ! Am sure you all had great fun, just like me  !  Below some comparative stats which shows how beautifully you all drove ! 

@Frans M @Emanuel @frederic demolder @Issam Atra @Pacific @essam ibrahim @Mahmoud Taha @Mark B @george charbel @Xavi Moyano @JohanE @Gary F @Dan S @Rafey Hashmi   @Imteeaz @Imran Asghar

Convoy 1 drive report : 

The initial agreement was both convoy's to meet at Rock formation in 90 minutes time, and we had a close call, am sure if we watch the replay, both the convoys made it exactly on time, and had a great time, with a full group picture  !  

All the refusals were handled well by Support members without use of rope or shovel,  except one, where coming down one of the dunes,  I encountered  some hard sand formations, which  with the help of shovel,  was quickly converted to passable debris, thanks to @Imran Asghar and @Varun Mehndiratta being my eyes outside , which then was handled quickly and we were again on the move ! 

@Varun Mehndiratta - Having a senior experienced member as SL is the best blessing one can have as new lead - thank you ! @Davie Chase - Thanks for the idea of Fayah - My recent fav area  !  @Imran Asghar @Pacific - Thank you for being the CF supports and handling those couple of refusals with self recoveries - which made me have some relaxed time ;) and @Mahmoud Taha  - Once gain thanks for Sweeping the convoy and handling those refusals at the back ! 

@JohanE @frederic demolder - You both drove very very well, with no refusals ! Great control ! 

@essam ibrahim - You made all technical patches look easy and easy patches look technical :D - Just joking, you did great to day with the pace and the dunes we had on our way ! You were a hero ! 

@Dan S - You were another star today - with your machine, it was never easy am sure , but Not a single time I heard from you - am sure you enjoyed and @Frans M - already pleasure to have you , silence at the back was confirmation of how amazing experienced players you were ;)

See you all sooon in Desert !! 

image.png.3dc26dc8a57b35ab7db59ce328e05e12.png

image.png.87ce1f2a4c296003c9d15595ddac4dde.png

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you so much @DP1011and @Davie Chasefor this incredible morning drive 👍  For sure it is one of most beautiful drive I did with Carnity. I am looking forward to driving again in this area ! 
Special thanks to all the support team ! 👍 you managed very well 👌 

see you soon 😉

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Great to be back on the sand after a few missed weeks and recent seal water pump issues, the right level drive to get back into the swing of things and of course a now type crest situation for me with one wheel high and spinning . Thanks for the tug @Davie Chase 

Split convoy was a fun idea and well timed to meet up in the middle. 

good to meet old and new sand sailors. 

until next time , I’ll be bringing a fleece.

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @Davie Chase for arranging the drive for us in the first place. Its what makes the Carnity community so great and the preparations and post activities are magnificent! @DP1011 what a man to step up and take charge of the pack for the day. I wouldn't have had my fix for the week if you had not jumped in and allowed us on the waiting list to join and on top of that what a great drive. Good pace and strong leadership. 

Thanks to the both of you. 

Johan

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use