Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 23 Dec 2023

Looper

@Looper @Gaurav so sorry to miss out on two drives today which I was really looking forward for today after a long gap of 5 weeks.... but my son had a high fever in the night and kind of had sleepless night.. first I skipped loopers drive hoping I can take him to doctor in the morning.. but unfortunately our regular doctors were on vacation and the earliest appointment I could get was for the afternoon doctor at 1:15 pm which made me cancel the gauravs drive also.. all is fine now with my son.. but I just want you to understand that it was not a stupid excuse to skip the drive....what makes me feel so bad is I requested gaurav to add me to support and I couldn't..so sorry..

12 hours ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

@Looper @Gaurav so sorry to miss out on two drives today which I was really looking forward for today after a long gap of 5 weeks.... but my son had a high fever in the night and kind of had sleepless night.. first I skipped loopers drive hoping I can take him to doctor in the morning.. but unfortunately our regular doctors were on vacation and the earliest appointment I could get was for the afternoon doctor at 1:15 pm which made me cancel the gauravs drive also.. all is fine now with my son.. but I just want you to understand that it was not a stupid excuse to skip the drive....what makes me feel so bad is I requested gaurav to add me to support and I couldn't..so sorry..

Hi @Abhilash Kottakkal i am glad your son is fine. will see on the next drive .

Dear   @Mahesh_,  @Nadeem Ansari, @Shiju Raju, @Marek_was003, @Haneef Thayyil, @Thejas Uthran,  @Sunil Mathew

Yesterday's drive was my number 100 Drive with @Carnity and it was a pleasure to have all in this drive . everyone drove really well especially on those couple of long ridges . 

We had a couple of refusals and one stuck which @Sunil Mathew did a great job in the recovery and supported very well in most of the refusals .

After around one and a half hour of driving we stopped for a break to enjoy the weather the a couple of laughs as well. 

in the 2nd half of the drive the spare tire of @Nadeem Ansari broke loose and we had strap it down in the back of the trunk . Also, there seemed to be an issue with Nadeem's car power which i decided to change the route and exit through the pilon tracks 

We managed to drive around 50 Kilometer , well done again and looking forward to see you on the next drive .. 

special thanks to @Looper for making this drive possible . 

Also , please share the pictures in the Drive Galary  https://carnity.com/gallery/category/1914-fewbie-tawi-nazwa-sharjah-23-december-2023/

image.png.030e891f9db31b015e676e872e98f721.png 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hey Simon,

I hope this note finds you well! I wanted to extend a massive thank you for steering us through the Tawi Nazwa desert off-roading adventure—it was an absolute blast! And major kudos on hitting that impressive 100th drive milestone. What an achievement!

The unique terrain, featuring technical dunes, long-range side sloping, ridge driving, and cris-crossing, made this experience unforgettable. Your leadership and the support of the team and co-desert wanderers added an extra layer of excitement and camaraderie.

Oh, and let's not forget those donuts and coffee—what a thoughtful treat! They kept our energy levels up and our spirits high throughout the journey.

Thanks again for such an awesome experience. I learned a ton and can't wait for the next adventure!

Cheers,

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

good drive gents! learning the limits of my humble Pajero every day... finally got a good reason to invest in bashing plate, but something tells me the next upgrade will have a nissan or jeep badge on the front grill, because these dunes are getting waaaay too steep for a tiny car with 250hp - I am a little jealous looking at these Jeeps getting up there in seemingly effortless way...

DSC_0053.jpg.d52c6b5dfb53002aea03db4615a18dd2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use