Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock Extended - Sharjah - 22 Aug 2020

Ale Vallecchi

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @David Ortells. As the spots clear up I am bumping up the drivers in the WL, according to their order. You are currently n.2 in the waiting list (2 spots up from before). Let's see if there are any changes today (or tomorrow). Thanks for your patience.

Hello @Islam Soliman. Just checking how it is going with your car's repairs. Will you be able to have it back in time for the drive? Thanks a lot for advising. Have a good end of the week.

Hi Ale.. yes it’s all done and ready to hit the sand

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Christian Andras said:

@Ale Vallecchi

I am sorry, but I had to leave this drive on Saturday. Hope the next one in the waiting list is as happy as I am sad to leave😜...

Hello @Christian Andras. Sorry to hear that. Thanks a lot for advising. See you next time.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 7:26 PM, Tero Vallas said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi...Please add me to waiting list.

@Tero Vallas we have had a drop-out. You would be next in the waiting list: will you please confirm you can join the drive? Thanks a lot.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

32 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @Christian Andras. Sorry to hear that. Thanks a lot for advising. See you next time.

@Tero Vallas we have had a drop-out. You would be next in the waiting list: will you please confirm you can join the drive? Thanks a lot.

Yes, count me in !

Dear Desernauts.

In preparation of Saturday's AM drive, this will be the convoy order:

@Chaitanya D will be my Second Lead

@Islam Soliman will follow in third

@muzamil hussain will take place #4

@Anish S will drive his Pajero in spot #5

@Rinelle Sanaani will take on duties of Center Forward

@Biju Abdul will follow at #7

@Shiju Manuel will drive in place #8

@Tero Vallas will wear jersey #9

@Gregory Perkin will be #10

@Febin Frederic will sweep the convoy.

Just a reminder about the necessary ingredients to participate in the drive. Must haves: a good shovel, a tow rope, preferably with soft shackles, a compressor, and most of all, always, well maintained and functional tow points, front and back. Lacking any of the above will force me to remove any driver from the trip. Please double check all is in order.

The terrain will be very diverse, and while we'll never encounter long cordons of open dunes, we will have a lot of opportunities to climb, side slope, and enter different "bowls", as safely as possible. Some dune crossing may be necessary, so please check the post regarding this dune-crossing skill in the site's archives. I will also give a technical briefing about this skill.

We will meet at 5:00 am at 2 December Cafeteria (which of course will be closed), with radios tuned in to Carnity channel 2 (446.031).

See you all on Saturday.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 8/20/2020 at 6:22 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desernauts.

In preparation of Saturday's AM drive, this will be the convoy order:

@Chaitanya D will be my Second Lead

@Islam Soliman will follow in third

@muzamil hussain will take place #4

@Anish S will drive his Pajero in spot #5

@Rinelle Sanaani will take on duties of Center Forward

@Biju Abdul will follow at #7

@Shiju Manuel will drive in place #8

@Tero Vallas will wear jersey #9

@Gregory Perkin will be #10

@Febin Frederic will sweep the convoy.

Just a reminder about the necessary ingredients to participate in the drive. Must haves: a good shovel, a tow rope, preferably with soft shackles, a compressor, and most of all, always, well maintained and functional tow points, front and back. Lacking any of the above will force me to remove any driver from the trip. Please double check all is in order.

The terrain will be very diverse, and while we'll never encounter long cordons of open dunes, we will have a lot of opportunities to climb, side slope, and enter different "bowls", as safely as possible. Some dune crossing may be necessary, so please check the post regarding this dune-crossing skill in the site's archives. I will also give a technical briefing about this skill.

We will meet at 5:00 am at 2 December Cafeteria (which of course will be closed), with radios tuned in to Carnity channel 2 (446.031).

See you all on Saturday.

In case there was any doubt about the meeting point, 2 December Cafeteria in Sharjah, this is the Google Maps link:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/Z7wYX4mBs9nCNno77

See you to...Night 🌙 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Ale Vallecchi thank you for a fantastic drive. Thoroughly enjoyed it! How everyone amplified their driving skills as it progressed was wonderful.  Especially towards the end on Big red dunes where all drove in a convoy manner into and out of the bowls in sync. It was a sight to behold and an experience worthy of waking up early morning to join this drive.

Some pictures uploaded in the gallery 👍

https://www.relive.cc/view/vmqXoXRjJL6

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use