•  

Suggestion to meet drive demand !

M.Seidam

44 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks for your suggestion and yes we have been always trying to maximize all drives and not just newbie level as much as possible.

For maximizing drives, our biggest challenge is and always will be the forecasting the perfect balance of drive to meet the demand at all levels. This forecasting needs a constant experiment as it's a moving target. @Srikumar has been appointed to manage this aspect and he is always trying to optimize the number of drives vs attendance.

Just like in dunes you cannot replicate the learning of one dune to another, so Sri is always experimenting the best fit scenario with minimal waitlist but he has to constantly experiment this every week based on last weeks learning. And sometimes we do get stuck and face refusals like this week experiment of 2 newbie drives in the evening that caused a bit of disconnect with morning newbie drive.

Within the last two months, Sri has successfully scaled with the constant support of all trip leads from 60+ signups to 100+ now (107 as of now). We are truly blessed with dedicated and passionate offroaders who love off-roading and gives us this weekly challenge. We do request all offroaders to extend their love and support during this unprecedented growth and learning phase. And be rest assured that we are on top of this matter and handling this with utmost priority without compromising on any safety aspect.

Thank you @Gaurav and appreciate your response for clarifying this matter. And yes safety is at top priority with no compromise . Thanks to @Srikumar and all other senior team members who support each drive and after all we complete each other. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I had to take a break from the weekly drives because the school term has started for my son and did not want my son to start the new school term feeling exhausted due to waking early or sleeping too late. 

Hopefully when the weather gets better, those evening drives can start earlier or morning drives to start later. Sorry! My preferred driving time is tuned to kids' sleeping schedule. 😅

4 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks for your suggestion and yes we have been always trying to maximize all drives and not just newbie level as much as possible.

For maximizing drives, our biggest challenge is and always will be the forecasting the perfect balance of drive to meet the demand at all levels. This forecasting needs a constant experiment as it's a moving target. @Srikumar has been appointed to manage this aspect and he is always trying to optimize the number of drives vs attendance.

Just like in dunes you cannot replicate the learning of one dune to another, so Sri is always experimenting the best fit scenario with minimal waitlist but he has to constantly experiment this every week based on last weeks learning. And sometimes we do get stuck and face refusals like this week experiment of 2 newbie drives in the evening that caused a bit of disconnect with morning newbie drive.

Within the last two months, Sri has successfully scaled with the constant support of all trip leads from 60+ signups to 100+ now (107 as of now). We are truly blessed with dedicated and passionate offroaders who love off-roading and gives us this weekly challenge. We do request all offroaders to extend their love and support during this unprecedented growth and learning phase. And be rest assured that we are on top of this matter and handling this with utmost priority without compromising on any safety aspect.

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, topgear said:

I had to take a break from the weekly drives because the school term has started for my son and did not want my son to start the new school term feeling exhausted due to waking early or sleeping too late. 

Hopefully when the weather gets better, those evening drives can start earlier or morning drives to start later. Sorry! My preferred driving time is tuned to kids' sleeping schedule. 😅

@topgear I agree family comes first , I have similar matter now and that’s why can’t join evening drives and only morning one meanwhile what I do till I progress to newbie then the room gets wider and so on !

cheers 👍🚙

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

Hello desert enthusiasts 

The new modifications in the Carnity drive notification regarding RSVP in two batches with time difference in the different rank level as well as the request to choose a single RSVP till Wednesday I would say a brilliant idea in an attempt to distribute the load. Let’s enjoy together the desert we all love from the sunrise till it’s magical sunset 

thank you all and see you soon 

cheers 🌷🙏🏻🚙

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

59 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Hello desert enthusiasts 

The new modifications in the Carnity drive notification regarding RSVP in two batches with time difference in the different rank level as well as the request to choose a single RSVP till Wednesday I would say a brilliant idea in an attempt to distribute the load. Let’s enjoy together the desert we all love from the sunrise till it’s magical sunset 

thank you all and see you soon 

cheers 🌷🙏🏻🚙

Hi @Mohamed Seidam ... second innovation is that we ask that people only sign up for one drive on Sunday, That means that more people get a chance of signing up and assured at least one drive. We will fill up spots later in the week for any dropouts or empty spaces. Seems a lot fairer, no? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

13 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi @Mohamed Seidam ... second innovation is that we ask that people only sign up for one drive on Sunday, That means that more people get a chance of signing up and assured at least one drive. We will fill up spots later in the week for any dropouts or empty spaces. Seems a lot fairer, no? 

Thanks to @Jeepie for this wonderful idea to make this game whole lot fairer.

Now we just hope that everyone play fair too ;-) 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use