•  

COVID 19 Compliant - ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 13 Nov 2020

Wrangeld

Dear Absolute Newbies and by now Newbies :) 

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

8 minutes ago, Irshad Alam said:

hi

Is there any whatsapp group also?

Hi @Irshad Alam

Yes we do have a Whatsapp group that will send you drive notifications. Not a "chat" whatsapp group. Click on below link to see how to subscribe:

Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

12 hours ago, Arman said:

@ALI ALMOUMAR @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma @Wrangeld @Frederic @Lorenzo Candelpergher

Hi guys,

Go to this link to take a look at the images my co-pilot found worthy of eyes, unfortunately the thumbnails don't work so you'll have to download them all to take a look. CLICK HERE :D 

Since we were up front there may not be many image of those who drove behind Ken in which case i am sorry and hope that maybe my next photographer co-pilot who insists on joining will catch you ;) 

Btw if you guys wanna see any more of his stuff on instagram he's over at @Johnseye.dubai 

Hope i didn't miss anyone.

Thank you Arman @Armanand your co-pilot for the nice photos and to all the rest  @Irshad Alam @varunmehndiratta @Explored Dubai @Vrinda Muttiyil @Hisham Masaad @HAZEM.Ali @Ken Hüüdma @Wrangeld @Frederic @Lorenzo Candelpergher 

Happy to have shared this desert drive with you.

Hope to see you all in future drives

Cheers

Ali

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

20 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Same query as above...is there a WhatsApp group? Please add me too. Thanks 

Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification

35 minutes ago, Irshad Alam said:

hey guys

Don't miss the pictures uploaded in Carnity Gallery tab AB Newbies Qudra 13Nov.

Tons of pics!  :)

By the way one question for 2nd timer same location should be preferred as in my case Al Qudra on 20th Nov or change of location preferred?

Irshad 

You are free to choose any location of Newbie drive, whatever suits you. You'll come to find the desert in Sharjah is very different from Al Qudra :) 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Irshad Alam said:

hey guys

Don't miss the pictures uploaded in Carnity Gallery tab AB Newbies Qudra 13Nov.

Tons of pics!  :)

By the way one question for 2nd timer same location should be preferred as in my case Al Qudra on 20th Nov or change of location preferred?

Irshad 

Hi Irshad, 

As you will be led by an experienced Marshal, keeping to the same location if you want to stay familiar is OK. Different locaitons, different beauty and types of dunes (and often color of sand). Qudra is white, so reflects the sun a lot. Other areas have red sand, or pink. Most times, the issue is also getting a place as demand for the drives is high. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irshad Alam said:

yeh! I am actually thinking to give another try with same Location but I see now Marshal is changed ..Ale.

Location is also showing Bab al sahms resort etc.

Let see.

I think Abu Dhabi can not be chosen as it has PCR test requirement from Dubai .Correct?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Irshad Alam said:

yeh! I am actually thinking to give another try with same Location but I see now Marshal is changed ..Ale.

Let see.

I think Abu Dhabi can not be chosen as it has PCR test requirement from Dubai .Correct?

Don't worry @Irshad Alam when Ale write Bab Al Shams, it still stays within the Dubai emirate and the entry point is before Gantoot so no need here for a PCR. This location is Southern Dunes of Ql Qudra. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Irshad Alam said:

Let see.

@Irshad Alam you can only sign into the Absolute Newbie drive once when you first join the club. Once you have done 1 drive with us, you are now Newbie and can signup in one of the Newbie drives that will be coming online this evening 7PM. Be quick as the bookings go fast. If you are too late, you can send a message on the drive topic with the request to be put into the waitlist.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use