•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 22 Jan 2021

Brette

Thanks guys for a wonderful morning in desert. 

@Brette thanks a lot for taking it through a real good mix of ridge crossing nad slide slopes. It was a perfect setup to help us test and elevate our skills. Support from @Kailas and the fact that I had someone like @Rizwan to follow really helped me get going. Special thanks to @Kailas for all the flag chasing, as advised by @Rizwanm2 i used some WD40 and it's fitting in fine now...

@naved thanks for lovely pics and taking it with ease the challanges i added for.you by moving a lot of sand on my way 😄

Small convoy size and collaboration among the team made this technical drive a real fun. Thanks all, looking forward to have the next ride with you all soon. 

• Like (+1) 7

19 hours ago, Brette said:

Trip Report: 

Thanks to everyone for being on time, we were able finish the briefing and head out by 7:15. With no fog and beautiful weather we headed out into a bit of technical dunes for about 90 minutes to make sure everyone was wide awake. We did have a few stucks and refusals that were sorted quickly by @Kailas and @Rizwanm2. Once I was sure everyone was awake, we headed into the long range dunes and for an hour practised some nice long ridge rides and criss crossing with a few sideys where everyone did really well. For the last hour, we went towards the bowls and did a few loops at a little higher speed with some more criss crossing and sideys. 

@Rizwanm2 thank you for being an excellent 2nd lead. You maintained the perfect distance for a 2nd lead giving me enough time to tell you when to reroute. Had not driven with you in a while and can see you have really grown in confidence. Well done. 

@varunmehndiratta when we started the drive, I noticed you were a bit shy on the gas over the smaller technical dunes. The small technical ones can be deceiving, at first glance you may think that you dont need to much gas to get over it but the minute your wheels touch it, you instantly feel it hold you back resulting in a refusal or stuck. I was happy though to see over the course of the drive, you kept getting better at it. 

@N@ved, driven with you on 1 newbie and 1 fewbie drive and have been really impressed with the way you handle the TJ. Whether it was a small technical dune or a higher sidey / climb, you were spot on with the amount of gas you gave it and never really saw you struggle. Well done.

@VipinShetty, well driven and really happy to see you enjoying the JGC. You managed very well and had absolutely no issues. 

@topgear, Big improvement from the last time we drove together. I remember on our last drive you were struggling to find that sweet spot with the amount of gas to give it in various situations but you had it under control throughout this drive. Well done and hope the loops didn't make your son feel to sick. 

@Karthik Krishnakumar, you have a very capable vehicle so dont be shy to step on the gas when required and always stick to the track of the car in front of you. Overall you did quite well and I am sure you will fine tune the rest over the next few drives.

@Kailas, Well done buddy. Thank you for the excellent support and keeping the convoy moving safely. Really happy to see you growing and taking on more responsibility with the drives. 

Thank you @Brette for perfect morning drive. Enjoyed the company of all of you guys, Weather was perfect and terrain was even better. 

brette.jpg

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Brette thanks for kind words. Off course there was struggle but just managed to hide it from you 😉 (Just like last benchers do from Teachers). Now you know where I used to sit at school 😆

Thanks again for a fantastic day out and lots of learning. Looking forward to another lovely day in the near future. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Thanks everyone for the great drive. Thanks @Rizwan Waheed for the tug. 

Thanks @Brette for the very balanced mixture of technical dunes and play area. My son is generally fine with long loops and technical but does not react well to short side slooping of newbie at Qudra. 

I was so happy was so happy  that I did not struggle like the previous drive. Going down to 10psi made a world of difference. 

• Like (+1) 4

On 1/22/2021 at 4:55 PM, N@ved said:

Fantastic day guys. Thanks @Brette for a awesome drive. Thanks @Kailas for keeping a check on all of us.

Thanks to everyone for a safe and fun day. Looking forward to meeting up one of next drives. 

1C643D66-81D4-4F53-8698-8ECE002D270E.jpeg

13B7EC0D-4AE2-41F1-8D13-4C27073D516C.jpeg

E30B2BF0-9CBD-40D6-857B-DD534AA662A8.jpeg

072F4F07-71B7-4C97-B696-7EACAAE10CCD.jpeg

A74015EA-0582-4F75-B156-331B7D775CDB.jpeg

6963E544-F846-4838-A0DC-EF327AC1EF6C.jpeg

5428409E-DE9F-427F-AA98-559C3B30BA4D.jpeg

Very nice pictures @N@ved

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks @Brette for the feedback .. yes as we discussed post drive.. a bit more gas would surely have avoided fishtailing and made the drive smoother.. .. have been using too much gas in previous drives consequently loosing control down the dunes and in case of a bumps in between.., In effort to cut it down i went a bit too low this time ... 

Really cherish these post drive feedback that we have at Carnity. Gives a clear direction to work on... Thanks a lot for your time to share the same instantly post the drive as well over this forum. Looking forward to next drive with you soon. 

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use