•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Afternoon - Intermediate Desert drive - Area 53 - 6 Mar 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Good morning fellow adventurers,

Y'all up for this? ;) The dunes will be scarred from the constant flow of traffic, we may have to give way to marauding dune buggies as they dart in front of us, and we could encounter tourists keen to see the sunset from the top. Will it be worth it? You had better believe it!

Badayer/Area 53 is an off roaders dream. Here's hoping the conditions are good to us today and we have the best adventure.

We shall be using radio channel 3 (three)

My proposed convoy is as follows:

Driver

Car

Level

Position

Angela @Foxtrot Oscar

Black X

Expert

Lead

@Ilya Golubinsky

White Wrangler

IM

2nd lead

@asifk

Silver Pajero LWB

IM

3rd

@Hisham Masaad

Black FJC

IM

4th

@GauravSoni

Pajero LWB

IM

5th

@Kailas

Red Wrangler

Adv

CF

@Ashok chaturvedi

Yellow FJC

IM

7th

@David Ortells

FJC

IM

8th

@siddharth maheshwari

White Wrangler

IM

9th

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ

Yellow Wrangler

IM

10th

@Francois Germishuys

F150

IM

11th

@Islam Soliman

Yukon

Adv

Sweep

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I think every body is taking hide time to figure out what happened today. From morning things were normal, till @Foxtrot Oscar showed up😀. Thank you Angela very much for the drive, one of the drives my son will never forget, and me well. Wonderful. Thank you @Kailas,  @Islam Soliman and @Ilya Golubinsky for the support. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Hisham Masaad said:

I think every body is taking hide time to figure out what happened today. From morning things were normal, till @Foxtrot Oscar showed up😀. Thank you Angela very much for the drive, one of the drives my son will never forget, and me well. Wonderful. Thank you @Kailas,  @Islam Soliman and @Ilya Golubinsky for the support. 

🤣  I'll let them all catch a breath 😝

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Drive Report

I started the afternoon by making every member of the convoy aware of exactly what I expected from intermediate drivers on an Intermediate drive. Pace, no babysitting and if you have a refusal? Get yourself out of it!  I didn’t want to hear constant chatter on the radio, I wanted a drive like no other and by goodness did the convoy deliver!

We limbered up as usual in the smaller dunes, which offer excellent practice for the mammoth dunes that lay ahead. We swept around them at some pace, warming up our desert wheels. @Ilya Golubinsky 's mother asked for  bigger dunes, and who am I to disappoint someone’s mother?!

As we began to climb into the labyrinth of bowls we had a couple of refusals but nothing much, we continued and @GauravSoni experienced a nice crest which @Kailas tried in vain to dig him out of, we got the ropes and @GauravSoni was on the move again.

It’s fair to say that the initial climbs met with a fair share of refusals, I asked @GauravSoni to check his tyre pressure and after deflating he was back in the game and then some. Then @asifk found himself in a nice pocket of soft sand and the recovery saw his transmission oil heat up. We stopped to allow it time to cool down and got the magic spray out (water).That seemed to do the trick and we were on the move again.

I usually try to convey a sense of what a drive was like in these reports but it is difficult to truly reflect this afternoon’s drive. Perhaps my instructions over the radio would be better. “Climb, push it, push t , sweep the bowl, criss-cross, sweep, cross, push it push it! Control the descent , sweep, cross, sweep, momentum, stay high , cross, stay high, sweep. Cross, sweep, cross, climb PUSH IT PUSH IT!! OWN IT! YALLA! Repeat x 50 🤣

Thank you all so much for your excellent driving skills , you were all utterly fantastic and I had a great time leading you. Special note to @Hisham Masaad who was on his first IM and had a flawless drive and also @asifk who did exceptionally well. It was great to drive with @Francois Germishuys for the first time too. Love how you have control of that beast!

To @David Ortells, @siddharth maheshwari , @GauravSoni, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQand @Ashok chaturvedi, you all had great drives, thank you.

Special thanks to @Ilya Golubinsky who once again was excellent as my second lead, to @Kailaswho kept an eye on everything at the front of the convoy and to @Islam Soliman who was sweeping at the back. Brilliant support!

And that was that, Sharjah’s Bowls….Owned!

Until our next adventure. :) 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

You nailed it @Foxtrot Oscar, both the drive and the report 😂 fully agree words can’t express the amazing crazy 🎢 of today.. can’t have enough of those.. thanks a lot.. and big applause to everyone .. you were all up to the game no matter what the headmistress through at you..

your are all great team to drive with @Francois Germishuys @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @siddharth maheshwari @David Ortells @Kailas @asifk @Gaurav Soni @Ilya Golubinsky @Ashok chaturvedi @Hisham Masaad

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

7 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

I started the afternoon by making every member of the convoy aware of exactly what I expected from intermediate drivers on an Intermediate drive. Pace, no babysitting and if you have a refusal? Get yourself out of it!  I didn’t want to hear constant chatter on the radio, I wanted a drive like no other and by goodness did the convoy deliver!

We limbered up as usual in the smaller dunes, which offer excellent practice for the mammoth dunes that lay ahead. We swept around them at some pace, warming up our desert wheels. @Ilya Golubinsky 's mother asked for  bigger dunes, and who am I to disappoint someone’s mother?!

As we began to climb into the labyrinth of bowls we had a couple of refusals but nothing much, we continued and @GauravSoni experienced a nice crest which @Kailas tried in vain to dig him out of, we got the ropes and @GauravSoni was on the move again.

It’s fair to say that the initial climbs met with a fair share of refusals, I asked @GauravSoni to check his tyre pressure and after deflating he was back in the game and then some. Then @asifk found himself in a nice pocket of soft sand and the recovery saw his transmission oil heat up. We stopped to allow it time to cool down and got the magic spray out (water).That seemed to do the trick and we were on the move again.

I usually try to convey a sense of what a drive was like in these reports but it is difficult to truly reflect this afternoon’s drive. Perhaps my instructions over the radio would be better. “Climb, push it, push t , sweep the bowl, criss-cross, sweep, cross, push it push it! Control the descent , sweep, cross, sweep, momentum, stay high , cross, stay high, sweep. Cross, sweep, cross, climb PUSH IT PUSH IT!! OWN IT! YALLA! Repeat x 50 🤣

Thank you all so much for your excellent driving skills , you were all utterly fantastic and I had a great time leading you. Special note to @Hisham Masaad who was on his first IM and had a flawless drive and also @asifk who did exceptionally well. It was great to drive with @Francois Germishuys for the first time too. Love how you have control of that beast!

To @David Ortells, @siddharth maheshwari , @GauravSoni, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQand @Ashok chaturvedi, you all had great drives, thank you.

Special thanks to @Ilya Golubinsky who once again was excellent as my second lead, to @Kailaswho kept an eye on everything at the front of the convoy and to @Islam Soliman who was sweeping at the back. Brilliant support!

Yes @Foxtrot Oscar I remembered the school when you were issueing the instructions🤣🤣 made every body silent and deciding to abide by, without fail. And this what happened, minor refusals👍👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

9 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

Thanks @Foxtrot Oscar well played, awesome drive, i think if i had a passenger on this drive he would have definitely been sick halfway through, hats off to @Ilya Golubinsky mom that made it through that. It was definitely a game where momentum (and power) prevailed, if you didn't pay attention then you didn't make it up the dune, if you left to much space sometimes couldn't find the actual track and then got stuck or got refusals....... like several drivers realized. Oh i remember there was a call for you to slow down at some point as well....haha :P 

At least our driving skills were better than our flag fixing skills on this drive (maybe an idea for a extracurricular activity prior to the next drive? haha)  

Otherwise good drive by all, thanks, c u all next time in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Superb drive though the amazing bowls and climbs! @Foxtrot Oscar. Your reminder to check tyre pressure after refusal did the job for me. Absolutely enjoyed looping the Iftaar bowl and the long climb to the top of the super bowl when we lost your track! ( since the convoy was still trying to catch up with your pace)

thanks @Kailas @Ashok chaturvedi for the shoveling to get my Car off that crest! A hard tug from @Foxtrot Oscar was enough to get it moving. Only to find myself in an akward stuck 50 m away. ( had to stop as there was no space on those tight bowls ) Kailas suggested to tug me out however ....special thanks to @Frederic for the tricks on getting pajero unstuck! Reengaging traction with R/d locked worked amazing. Worked almost like Toyota crawl control straight out of the hat! 
Thanks @Islam Soliman for the sweep. It still amazes me how you handle your car through these drives!!  

great driving by each member of the convoy! 

See you guys soon! 

@Ilya Golubinsky m waiting for the your 360 video for this drive!!!!!

AE04F9C4-58F7-4DB8-9F17-A9C4DBE44E2C.jpeg

9685C03C-A8AB-4DB8-A2B8-EB44DA5F72B7.jpeg

5FC141B1-0925-468A-A716-1DB0B4435FA8.jpeg

• Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use