COVID19 Compliant - Absolute Newbie Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 21 May 2021

Wrangeld

• 2015 2 door jeep wrangler. Dark green
  • No prior off-road experience. 
  • One front tow hook and one back tow hook

By the way, the location link doesn't work for me (it just says Dubai). Anyone else is having the same issue? 

Convoy Numbering 

1. SK - Cherokee XJ (Lead)

2. Paolo Pellegrini - Pajero @Paolo Pellegrini

3. Muhamad mustapha - LR Discovery 2019 @Muhamad mustapha

4. Talgat Mendibaev - Ford Explorer 2016 @Talgat Mendibaev

5. Aisha S - Wrangler @Aisha S

6. Saddaquat Tanvir - LC 2019 @Saddaquat Tanvir

7. Yousef - Pajero - CF @Yousef Alimadadi

8. Nishant Mulani - Patrol Y62 @Nishant Mulani

9. Abdelhamid Elbasossi - JGC @Abdelhamid Elbasossi

10. Rory Ashman - Wrangler @Rory Ashman

11. Ivan Pironi - Ford F150 @Ivan Pironi

12. shu yang - Patrol Y62 @shu yang

13. Mohd Seidam - Xterra (Sweep) @M.Seidam

See you tomorrow at 5:00 AM sharp at the meeting point. Incase on any emergency my mobile number is 055-9567471

4 hours ago, Aisha S said:

By the way, the location link doesn't work for me (it just says Dubai). Anyone else is having the same issue? 

Thanks @Aisha S for highlight this.

Its been fixed now on drive post and calendar, you can check again

Meeting  Point: https://goo.gl/maps/ts6DHLks7YaSzo8L6

GPS Coordinate: 24°49'07.9"N   55°15'19.5"E

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just now, shu yang said:

@Gaurav@Srikumarhi chiefs i think i brought the wrong motorola unlicensed two way radio, i would need a radio please

Yes you will get them on Absolute Newbie drive surely, as trip lead carry spare ones.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

TRIP REPORT

A perfect day for Absolute Newbies with the right amount of challenges.

Its been a while since I did an Absolute Newbie Drive, so was really looking forward to this drive. Everyone reached the meeting point on time which was the first sign of a wonderful day ahead. After checking all the tow points, and helping few new members in deflation we were all set to start the journey through the Qudra desert. While some had a bit of prior experience, quite a few where entering the sand for the very first time. So the team of senior members helped each and every drive participant on how to engage 4 wheel drive and turn off traction control.

@Paolo Pellegrini was my second lead in a Pajero and he did a perfect job of second lead by following the instructions and stopping wherever it was required. Hope you also saw that for normal desert driving there is no need to engage 4 HLc and that 4H is perfectly fine for desert drives. 

@Muhamad mustapha in his LR Discovery had a near flawless drive throughout except for the final stuck as we were moving out to the exit. It again showed that as the air temperature increases, we need to keep monitoring the tyre temperature. But overall very well done. 

@Talgat Mendibaevin the Ford Explorer managed the entire terrain extremely well and drove with extra caution which was much needed. He also had a couple of opportunities to learn the art of self recovery in soft patches. Well done buddy.

@Aisha S was joined by @Arman as a passenger in her green wrangler and make the entire route look very simple as she was willing to test the power of her Wrangler on every dune. Nicely done and I am sure Arman would have also learnt a few tricks from you. 😜

@Saddaquat Tanvir did an overall excellent job in his LC and probably realized that he should not have waited 3 years to start off roading. Hope you had a good day,

@Nishant Mulani brought in an almost brand new Y62 to the desert, and had his heart in his mouth on couple of the descents. But you held your nerve and managed the entire route extremely well with zero refusals. 

@Abdelhamid Elbasossi joined in with his son in a JGC on his first desert drive. But your confidence and technique showed very  good improvement during the course of the drive. Well done. As explained during the debriefing, JGC requires the Traction Control and Airbags to be disabled as you move up the drive levels. You can check on the Carnity forum the methods by which this can be done without affecting the warranty from the dealer. 

@Rory Ashman brought in a beautiful 2 door manual transmission Wrangler. Just a couple of refusals, but nothing major that the Wrangler could not handle. Nicely done mate.

@Ivan Pironi added another Ford F150 to our club and hardly broke a sweat at the back end of the convoy. As mentioned during the debriefing it will be better if you get rid of the air dam so that you have a better approach angle and have the peace of mind to push your beast.

@shu yang probably the quietest guy in the convoy who had to deal with all the churned up the sand at the back end of the convoy. As I recall zero refusals, so very well done buddy. Please check out on the forum regarding the modifications other members do for the Y62 bumpers, as they are a bit too low hanging. 

Finally, a bit shout out to the two support members on the drive, @Yousef Alimadadi and @M.Seidam for their excellent support, guidance and instruction to all the Absolute Newbie drive members. Your support was much appreciated by everyone and a big thanks from myside. 

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:00 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag, radio and compressor as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

See you soon on the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use