•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams - Dubai - 24 Sep 2021

Mehmet Volga

Another bucket of drivers perfectly selected to start a weekend just before a relentless desert storm! Being full of sand from bottom to top and feeling a sweet tiredness when you are back home. That's what to expect and we had it!

We started like we are having a light dinner with red wine and a beautiful woman sitting in front. Even the wind was blowing cool so I felt sleepy while the sun rising ahead. So decided to speed up as we quickly reached the big dunes behind the Ritchie's bar and did four big loops there with non-stop side-sloping and ridge-riding. But my radio was still so silent while eleven monsters chewing the sand on my mirror without hesitation. After the 5th loop still in silence, I decided to call the Great Spirit of technical dunes to come and help our poor convoy which is only having speed on the dunes without struggling. He heard my call and immediately came to help but I think he took it a bit serious. Started with an innocent crest but immediately turned in a crazy sand party - ropes, shovels, winches flew around like the clashing swords! I tried to explain the Great Spirit that this might be enough for today, but he took it wrong and made me stuck for two successive times while tugging the others! At the end, we had overtime in the sand but met the other cluster of big dunes on the way out and said them goodbye with some speedy side-slopes anyway. 

Apart from fun (yes, being stuck is also 'fun' part of our game), it was a good educational trip for off-roading with many examples on tugging, positioning, winching, self-recovering, reattempting, advising, helping...  

Amazing 2nd lead by @Charbel ; carefully watched out the track and re-routed it whenever it was tricky. He had some issues with his 4L engaging which caused some stucks but then resolved after some fast loops. Great job!

@Chris Wing brought his wings with him today! He successfully fixed our tail alone whenever it is broken and came to rescue when our head is in trouble in front. Well done!

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ lucky to have you today buddy! Thanks to you we had a great day at the end since it could have become a nightmare with such number of stucks. Hats out for your winching show recovering two cars at a time!

@Naim Aoun excellent tugging me out with a perfectly fine-tuned power. Outstanding performance by @Daniel Yang @Gilbert Khalil @Christopher Assal @Rodi @Gregory and @Richard Franks in the both high-pace off-roading and dealing with terrible technical dunes. Almost no issues except some small refusals and reattempting. Bravo to all! 

Special callout to the man of the day @Alexander Holodny. Still cannot believe this was your first Fewbie! You and your Montero were unbelievable, showing off on my mirror with full stock of Fewbie movements. The fun has just started for you friend! Enjoy it! 

See you all on the sand soon!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Mehmet Volga for the fun drive and entertaining drive report. The drive was flowing and well - paced, until the "Great Spirit" as you put it 😂 intervened. Appreciated the support from @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQand @Chris Wing at the rear. Another nice Friday morning with good company, learning,  and improved weather....

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use