Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Almost Lisaili to Hatmah - Dubai - 18 Dec 2021

Vanessa8580

56 minutes ago, Vanessa8580 said:

@Rob Soughton @Tareq Al Turq @Tom B @Quresh Motiwala and @Joseph Raju 

I have added you to my drive on Saturday morning. Please confirm your attendance.

@Juzer Gandhi I can see you didn't do a drive yet in the club so you will have to sign in for an Absolute newbie drive first on Friday morning. 

Thanks @Vanessa8580. Confirmed - I will be attending. 

18 minutes ago, Rob Soughton said:

@Juzer Gandhi I have upgraded my flag so I have a suction mount flag that I am yet to get round to putting on Dubizzle if of interest

Thanks Rob, kindly send me a whatsapp on 0558837400 the pic or the link on dubizzle for your flag. We could take it from there ahead.

3 hours ago, Vanessa8580 said:

I have added you to my drive on Saturday morning. Please confirm your attendance.

@Juzer Gandhi I can see you didn't do a drive yet in the club so you will have to sign in for an Absolute newbie drive first on Friday morning. 

@Vanessa8580 thanks, I confirm my attendance.

14 hours ago, Vanessa8580 said:

Confirming my attendance 👍

Good evening everyone. 

You can find the convoy numbering for Saturday mornings drive below. We will be using radio channel 1 (446 00625)

Newbie drive Almost Lisaili to Hatmah 18december 2021
Attendees Level Car   Pos #
Vanessa8580 Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue   1
Ahmed Salama Newbie Jeep Wrangler TJ   2
Juzer Gandhi Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Gold 2015   3
Quresh Motiwala Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB White 2016   4
Joseph Raju Newbie Nissan Patrol White 2006   5
Mark Shephard Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB 2021   6
Sharatchandra Nambiar  Newbie Toyota Landcruiser 2019   7
Dodi Syahdar Advance Ford Raptor 2018   8
Tareq Al Turq Newbie Toyota Prado 2012   9
Tom B Newbie Toyota Land Cruiser 2021   10
Rob Soughton Newbie Toyota Prado 2015   11
Karthik Raptor Newbie Ford Raptor Black 2014   12
Faraz Mohammed Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero SWB   13

I hope to see you all Saturday morning at 7am !

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Vanessa8580, not sure whether it's too late, I have added myself to the waitlist earlier today.

It's my second drive for the week. Please confirm whether I can join tomorrow. Thanks.

Edited by Karthik Raptor

35 minutes ago, Karthik Raptor said:

Hi @Vanessa8580, not sure whether it's too late, I have added myself to the waitlist earlier today.

It's my second drive for the week. Please confirm whether I can join tomorrow. Thanks.

Yes, you can join. Will update the convoy list later ....

• Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you all for the amazing drive this morning, it's one of the well planned terrains with a mix of side sloping, straight climbing, and one of the toughest technical drives I have done so far 😎. Enjoyed thoroughly being a sweep for the first time.

We finished on time clocking more than 45kms, and just when I thought I could go home early and have a nap before the fishing trip in the afternoon, something really weird happened. I have heard people getting themselves locked out of their homes with the keys inside, but we managed to get locked out of the car, when inflating the tyres. I just finished inflating one of the tyres and wanted to get my vape from the car and realised none of the doors will open, with all windows up and the car's engine still running 😱. Not sure how we ended up in that situation and the only way I can recreate it, is by pressing down the lock button (pic below) before shutting the door from outside. So either the lock button was pressed down accidentally or something to do with the electronics. I will get the door keypad lock sorted ASAP as a backup, should the same situation happen again.

A big thank you to @Dodi Syahdar for driving me home and back with the spare key, and also to @Vanessa8580, @Rob Soughton, @Joseph Raju for patiently waiting until I got back with the key. Sorry to have wasted your time, and I really appreciate the support.

Until I see you in one of the next drives, have fun. Happy driving!

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 14.13.18.png

WhatsApp Image 2021-12-18 at 14.14.11.jpeg

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use