•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Celebrating the year of rabbit with Tune Squad II - Faqa - Dubai - 29 Jan 2023

Varun Mehndiratta

bugs_bunny_doc.png.2d55d62032c7be2ec6ed72bd49735654.png

As we celebrate the onset of "The year of the Rabbit", its the perfect time to bring back our Tune Squad on to the area Bugs Bunny loves the most - The Dunes of Faqa. 

For those who joined one of these drives last year already know the drill, however, for others, the plan and rule of the game are as below.

Rule 1 -  In Tune Squad - we go fast and we go long (range). 

image.jpeg.72439e66afd7e20577dfc29dce954af0.jpegimage.jpeg.a5ee4a39513ddb12b4261638fb07486d.jpeg

Rule 2 -  Bunny is an early riser, so we will start early. You'll know where we start, however, where we will end is only known to "The One".  More details later, it’s a working day for Bunny too 😀

So, welcome to the Tune Squad experience.

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus and Above 

When: 29th Jan'2023 Sunday

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point:  TBA

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Varun Mehndiratta said:

bugs_bunny_doc.png.2d55d62032c7be2ec6ed72bd49735654.png

As we celebrate the onset of "The year of the Rabbit", its the perfect time to bring back our Tune Squad on to the area, Bugs Bunny loves the most - The Dunes of Faqa. 

For those who joined one these drives last year already know the drill, however, for others, the plan is as below.

Rule 1 -  In Tune Squad - we go fast and we go long (range). 

image.jpeg.72439e66afd7e20577dfc29dce954af0.jpegimage.jpeg.a5ee4a39513ddb12b4261638fb07486d.jpeg

Rule 2 -  Bunny is an early riser, so we will start early. You'll know where we start, however, where we will end is only known to "The One".  More details later, it’s a working day for Bunny too 😀

So, welcome to the Tune Squad experience.

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus and Above 

When: 29th Jan'2023 Sunday

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions).

Meeting Point:  TBA

Type of Car: Any  4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:
  • Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below calendar

@Varun Mehndiratta hi Varun.  I can already see that this will a fast-paced drive, with all its challenges that a fast pace brings to the party!

Enjoy

• Like (+1) 1

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Celebrating the year of rabbit with Tune Squad II - Faqa - Dubai - 29 Jan 2023

Thanks all for RSVPing for the drive. We have a really strong convoy with some awesome machines and warm bunch of ppl. I don’t know why but usually I always end up having convoy full of Jeeps and FJs with some even bigger trucks on my drives, it’s good to see a beautiful elegant Lexus this time, thanks @Ali Abas for signing up 😀.

Rabbit is considered to be luckiest of all 12 animals as per Chinese culture - so I am hoping we will be lucky enough to have a nice pleasant weather. I am planning to join with a naked Jeep, so no rain plz 🙏🙏

Also it symbolizes smart and elegant personality - so we are in for some elegant ridge riding and a drive where we all will be smart enough not to fight gravity 😀

Plan for the drive is simple - we will start with the first ray of sunlight. And try to explore ourselves on as many long range dunes as we can - riding over some nice sharp Faqa signature ridges and criss-crossing through some awesome dunes to end close to where we will be around 11am (hopefully). 

I am not planning to have a set route, who knows if weather and convoy pace  permits, we may end up close to Solar Park or maybe even Little Sweihan area in Qudra with its awesome tightly packed huge Sweihan style bowls. And if not maybe in Faqa somewhere - there’s no limit of what we can explore at Faqa in any case 😀. It’s really tough to control a rabbit once it’s out of hole.

Focus is on having fun and having a jam. 

Looking forward to see you all this weekend. In case of any change in plans, please update the rsvp in time so as to avoid last min planning.

@Jona @Pierre de Maigret @Richard Franks @Mus_hus78 @Beide Worku @Brett Eicher @Patrick van der Loo @Mike M. @Richard Franks @Felix Obst @Davie Chase @Ali Abas

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Varun Mehndiratta. Thanks for setting up this drive. Unfortunately something came up for Sunday which will cause a change of plan for me and as such I will not be able to be part of the drive.
Apologies for this and hoping that this would give enough time for the wait listed members to join in. I will drop out from the drive to make room for others. Wishing everyone an enjoyable drive. 

• Sad (0) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Sand Sailors

Hope you all have had a productive week and looking forward for the drive this weekend. This has been a special week with some really nice rain shower. While this surely has been fun, would make our drive on sunday (expected to be sunny tomo onward), a bit different. Some special checks to ensure we have a safe and fun drive.

a.) Please check your vehicles to ensure its in perfect shape, especially with focus on tyres. 

b.) Ensure you have a spare tyre in healthy condition with you. 

c.) Check that all your off-roading gear are in good shape. 

d.) Be fully rested before the drive. 

Last but not the least, we still have 3 drivers in WL, so in case any of you have change in plan, please update the RSVP well on time - so that we dont lose a slot, while others are in waiting.

I am really looking forward for Sunday, its been couple of months i have been to Faqa and with weather so good, very keen to explore the beautiful terrain.

Cheers

@Jona @Davie Chase @Pierre de Maigret @Mus_hus78 @Beide Worku @Brett Eicher @Patrick van der Loo @Richard Franks @Felix Obst @Ali Abas @Tareq Al Turq @Gregory @Mohamad Anwer @Chris Wing

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Hi @Imteeaz noted it’s your first drive of the week, extending the convoy to add you to the drive. Please confirm your availability. 

Hi @Beide Worku you were the first one to WL, however have to give preference to those with this being the only drive this weekend. Plus 12 is already a long convoy. If we will have a dropout, you will be added. Keep checking the forum, still a day to go. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use