COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams Loop - Dubai - 4 Sep 2020

Ale Vallecchi

@Ale Vallecchi I have everything except the recovery rope, I haven't used one before so I don't know what I'm looking for and I live in RAK so most of the recommendations on the forums are for Dubai locations. Will I be okay on this drive without one or should I cancel?

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Lisa Pemberton. I always suggest to have the necessary recovery kit from the start (shovel, and recovery rope with soft shackles). I believe it's good habit to be prepared for whatever may happen in the desert, no matter the rank. That's why I always mention these items.We had also invited members to have their own equipment, to reduce the exchange of items during Covid times.

Nonetheless, the kinetic rope is not mandatory for Fewbie drives, as seniors will be able to assist and lend theirs. You can come without it for tomorrow's drive (and actually until you are promoted to the next level), but whenever you feel you may look into buying one. They are available at Speedex or ACE stores, at relatively affordable prices (around 350-400 dirhams). 

See you tomorrow. 

Edited by Ale Vallecchi
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

48 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Lisa Pemberton. Do not cancel. You are very welcome to join.

I always suggest to have the necessary recovery kit from the start (shovel, and recovery rope with soft shackles). I believe it's good habit to be prepared for whatever may happen in the desert, no matter the rank. That's why I always mention these items.We had also invited members to have their own equipment, to reduce the exchange of items during Covid times.

Nonetheless, the kinetic rope is not mandatory for Fewbie drives, as seniors will be able to assist and lend theirs. You can come without it for tomorrow's drive (and actually until you are promoted to the next level), but whenever you feel you may look into buying one. They are available at Speedex or ACE stores, at relatively affordable prices (around 350-400 dirhams). 

See you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

In preparation for tomorrow's drive, find below the convoy order

@Jolly Abraham will drive in Second Lead

@Islam Soliman will take #3

@Lisa Pemberton in at #4

@luwaimn will be in position #5

@Brette will Center Forward the convoy

@Yousef Alimadadi will follow at #7

@Mehmet Volga will occupy spot #8

@Heisem will drive at #9

@Biju Abdul will sweep the convoy

Be advised that the meeting and deflation point is along a dirt track, turning right on the Road from Bab al Shams, approximately 1 Km in. You may refill at Al Qudra Parking lot ADNOC's station, then take the road toward Bab al Shams. We will meet a little later than in past drives, at 5:30 AM SHARP: the goal is to deflate quickly, have a briefing and depart as swiftly as possible. Once on site, please tune into Carnity Channel 4 (446.081). 

Make sure all of you have a good shovel (not a "spoon"), recovery rope and soft shackles (metal ones are quite dangerous), a compressor (as we plan to exit e few Km from the nearest station), and most of all front and back tow points in good conditions. 

See you all tomorrow just before dawn. Have a nice Thursday evening.

Hi @Ale Vallecchi the recovery rope i have is not kinetic one and I don’t have soft shackles, thought of buying it from fewbie plus level. 

I am attaching the ones I currently have which is brand new and never had to open yet.😀. Hope it’s fine for the drive tomorrow and I hope to get the kinetic rope and soft shackles before the next drive. 

594BF59F-8759-45E3-93EA-BE146B9F52BA.jpeg

F6437D1E-641A-4DA1-AEE9-C32E1F23FF17.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Biju Abdul said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi the recovery rope i have is not kinetic one and I don’t have soft shackles, thought of buying it from fewbie plus level. 

I am attaching the ones I currently have which is brand new and never had to open yet.😀. Hope it’s fine for the drive tomorrow and I hope to get the kinetic rope and soft shackles before the next drive. 

594BF59F-8759-45E3-93EA-BE146B9F52BA.jpeg

F6437D1E-641A-4DA1-AEE9-C32E1F23FF17.jpeg

Hi @Biju Abdul. No worries. That's still OK. See you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Lisa Pemberton if you need the Viking rope I have a few sets with me, let me know in advance so I can have one ready for you by next week.

Thanks @Rahimdad if you have surplus and want to sell one then let me know! :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Thanks a lot @Ale Vallecchi for the wonderful drive.. great experience and lots of learning.. it was a strange day starting with nice gazelle pack while entering and ending with the amazing oryx while existing .. centered with the poor little injured gazelle .. hope she is ok now..

the drive itself was interesting, the terrain looked ok (would say easy) but proved to be challenging than what it looks.. lots of stucks sagely recovered thanks to the iron man one and only @Brette😂 and then my curtain airbags going off for no known reason. it’s a day that I will for sure remember ..

enjoy the weekend everyone and see you soon on the sand..

P.S. @Ale Vallecchi pls let us know the updates of the gazelle !

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use