COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Shuwaib - Iftar Bowl - Sharjah - 19 Dec 2020

Foxtrot Oscar

6 hours ago, MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ said:

@Foxtrot Oscar I have RSVP’ed out of this drive due to obvious reasons 😂. Will get the Jeep checked up from a garage and hopefully will be back on track next week 🤞🏼.

Whoever’s next in the waiting list may take my place. 

Haha, I had assumed so but thank you for letting me know. I hope its nothing too serious and I see you and your son next week. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ said:

@Foxtrot Oscar I have RSVP’ed out of this drive due to obvious reasons 😂. Will get the Jeep checked up from a garage and hopefully will be back on track next week 🤞🏼.

Whoever’s next in the waiting list may take my place. 

Ya’ll should buy Japanese cars; much more reliable 😜

• Haha (+1) 2

Good morning adventurers,

Today's drive will see us meet just off the Shuwaib road . We will follow a short track and enter into the sand where we shall tackle some fairly technical dunes  before reaching the huge dunes this area has to offer.

We can look longingly at the dunes and when it is safe to do so,( traffic permitting etc.), we shall attempt to climb and side slope on some of them. It really does depend on you and the area ( which is very popular with our fellow desert driving enthusiasts.)

This is an ambitious drive, there will be some technical areas and I need you all to have your wits about you in order for us all to stay safe and have the most fun you can have on a Saturday afternoon ;) 

My proposed convoy is as follows:

@Foxtrot Oscar  (Angela)- Black Xterra - Lead
@Tamas Hoffmann - Pajero - Second Lead

@Nithin Vaidir - Landcruiser -
@Archibald Jurdi- Jeep Wrangler

@DANIEL NOGUEIRA Dodge Ram 
@Mohamed Seidam Xterra Centre Forward
@Probir MukherjeeLandcruiser 

@Ahab Shamaa FJ Cruiser
@Yasas DharmadasaJeep Cherokee 
@Athula DharmadadaJeep Cherokee (blue) 

@Anish SPajero LWB  sweep

We will use radio frequency 3 (three)

See you all soon ;) 

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like (+1) 5

Drive Report

Ever had a feeling of Déjà vu? ….and so it was, another drive and another car had to exit with mechanical issues. We tried, oh boy did we try, but after 1 hour and 15 minutes of trying everything we could think of we decided to leave @DANIEL NOGUEIRA to enjoy the scenery as the rest of the convoy attempted to make up for lost time.

We headed into the wonderful playable bowls and slopes of what was to be our playground for the next 2 and a half hours. It didn’t take long before we encountered our first challenge and with the convoy itching to tackle the dunes they had been looking onto for an hour and so we climbed, ,one by one,  as high as the sand, our cars and our skills would allow us to.  I was so pleased to see everyone handling the challenge beautifully and special mention to @Nithin Vaidir   who was on his first fewbie drive and drove excellently.

At the foot of the mammoth dunes are some lovely playable technical areas and that’s where we headed to next. We bobbed around, dinked about, going up and over, across the tops, sliding down, and sweeping around. We had a couple of small refusals but nothing major and it is to be expected in the soft red sands of Shuwaib. We were all having so much fun and it was apparent everyone’s confidence was growing.

The allure of the towering dunes was just too much to resist and with everyone more than up for the challenge we headed back in. I wanted to make up for the lost time and pack as much as we could into the short time we had. So, we climbed one, then another, then another and another until we finally made our way back to the start point where Daniel was waiting. It was on these climbs and side slopes that @Archibald Jurdi demonstrated brilliantly and instantly the need to steer down when the car loses momentum. @Probir Mukherjee showed his skills in self recovery, @Ahab Shamaa flexed his FJC muscles with a side of panache thrown in and @Yasas Dharmadasa and @Athula Dharmadada both waved the flag for how to get the most out of Grand Cherokees.  

Very special thanks to @Tamas Hoffmann who again was my second lead and again didn’t let me down. Second lead is no easy task, a split-second call to reroute and knowing when to keep your distance is a special skill. @Mohamed Seidam, it was great to finally meet you and your willingness to help at all times was greatly appreciated. Of course, @Anish S as sweep was keeping an eye on everything at the back and driving brilliantly as always. I’m sure Daniel was delighted with the lift home too.

I said this morning that this drive was going to be the most fun you could have on a Saturday afternoon, I wasn’t wrong. What a brilliant convoy, full of laughs and fun all the way! Well done all of you!!

PS. I have now decided I will never speak of mechanical issues again. Like Shakespeare’s MacBeth, which is only known as the Scottish Play for macabre reasons, all my previous drives to date, including this one, will now be referred to as the ‘Scottish Drives’. We shall speak no more of it ;) 

Until our next adventure.
😊

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 4

29 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

Ever had a feeling of Déjà vu? ….and so it was, another drive and another car had to exit with mechanical issues. We tried, oh boy did we try, but after 1 hour and 15 minutes of trying everything we could think of we decided to leave @DANIEL NOGUEIRA to enjoy the scenery as the rest of the convoy attempted to make up for lost time.

We headed into the wonderful playable bowls and slopes of what was to be our playground for the next 2 and a half hours. It didn’t take long before we encountered our first challenge and with the convoy itching to tackle the dunes they had been looking onto for an hour or so We climbed ,one by one,  as high as the sand, our cars and our skills would allow us to.  I was so pleased to see everyone handling the challenge beautifully and special mention to @Nithin Vaidir   who was on his first fewbie drive and drove excellently.

At the foot of the mammoth dunes are some lovely playable technical areas and that’s where we headed to. We bobbed around, dinked about, going up and over, across the tops, sliding down, and sweeping around. We had a couple of small refusals but nothing major and this is to be expected in the soft red sands of Shuwaib. We were having so much fun and it was apparent everyone’s confidence was growing.

The allure of the towering dunes was just too much to resist and with everyone more than up for the challenge we headed back in. I wanted to make up for the lost time and pack as much as we could into the short time we had. So, we climbed one, then another, then another and another until we finally made our way back to the start point where Daniel was waiting. It was on these climbs and side slopes that @Archibald Jurdi demonstrated brilliantly and instantly the need to steer down when the car loses momentum. @Probir Mukherjee showed his skills in self recovery, @Ahab Shamaa flexed his FJC muscles with a side of panache thrown in and @Yasas Dharmadasa and @Athula Dharmadada were waving the flag for how to get the most out of Grand Cherokees.  

Very special thanks to @Tamas Hoffmann who again was my second lead and again didn’t let me down. Second lead is no easy task, a split-second call to reroute and knowing when to keep your distance is a special skill. @Mohamed Seidam, it was great to finally meet you and your willingness to help at all times was greatly appreciated. Of course, @Anish S as sweep was keeping an eye on everything at the back and driving brilliantly as always. I’m sure Daniel was delighted with the lift home too.

I said this morning that this drive was going to be the most fun you could have on a Saturday afternoon, I wasn’t wrong. What a brilliant convoy, full of laughs and fun all the way! Well done all of you!!

PS. I have now decided I will never speak of mechanical issues again. Like Shakespeare’s MacBeth, which is only known as the Scottish Play for macabre reasons, all my drives to date including this will now be referred to as the ‘Scottish Drives’. We shall speak no more of it ;) 

😊

Well guys, we Just made home safe.... but my car lives the desert and decided to spend the night there... it's a weird situation,  because I cannot be pulled, and I couldn't find a 4x4 recovery to put the car on top, since my electric steering wheel just stuck and doesn't move at all...  tomorrow morning I will bring a mechanic and see what I can do. .. 

Thanks for all, today with my mom in and little daughter in the car was a different drive, and my mom was impressed with all the convoy on trying to help, support and being very nice ... 

@Foxtrot Oscar we are not talking about that matter any more (she thought I was joking when I radio about the issue)

@Anish S and @Mohamed Seidam, thanks for the ride back to Dubai, no words to be thankful as we are... 

I want to be back to that place for a drive, this dunes looks very fun

20201219_162519.jpg

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 hours ago, Ahab Shamaa said:

Ya’ll should buy Japanese cars; much more reliable 😜

Now @Ahab Shamaa guess Santa will not be bringing any gifts for you this Christmas. You've been a naughty boy. @DANIEL NOGUEIRA will seriously be thinking Japanese now. You know my love of the 5.7 hemi Ram. Hope the Ram gets well soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, DANIEL NOGUEIRA said:

Well guys, we Just made home safe.... but my car lives the desert and decided to spend the night there... it's a weird situation,  because I cannot be pulled, and I couldn't find a 4x4 recovery to put the car on top, since my electric steering wheel just stuck and doesn't move at all...  tomorrow morning I will bring a mechanic and see what I can do. .. 

Thanks for all, today with my mom in and little daughter in the car was a different drive, and my mom was impressed with all the convoy on trying to help, support and being very nice ... 

@Foxtrot Oscar we are not talking about that matter any more (she thought I was joking when I radio about the issue)

@Anish S and @Mohamed Seidam, thanks for the ride back to Dubai, no words to be thankful as we are... 

I want to be back to that place for a drive, this dunes looks very fun

20201219_162519.jpg

You are most welcome
@DANIEL NOGUEIRA that’s what we always do bro we get in together and we gel out together . Hope you sort your vehicle out soon . 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Drive Report

We headed into the wonderful playable bowls and slopes of what was to be our playground for the next 2 and a half hours. It didn’t take long before we encountered our first challenge and with the convoy itching to tackle the dunes they had been looking onto for an hour and so we climbed, ,one by one,  as high as the sand, our cars and our skills would allow us to.  I was so pleased to see everyone handling the challenge beautifully and special mention to @Nithin Vaidir   who was on his first fewbie drive and drove excellently.

At the foot of the mammoth dunes are some lovely playable technical areas and that’s where we headed to next. We bobbed around, dinked about, going up and over, across the tops, sliding down, and sweeping around. We had a couple of small refusals but nothing major and it is to be expected in the soft red sands of Shuwaib. We were all having so much fun and it was apparent everyone’s confidence was growing.

The allure of the towering dunes was just too much to resist and with everyone more than up for the challenge we headed back in. I wanted to make up for the lost time and pack as much as we could into the short time we had. So, we climbed one, then another, then another and another until we finally made our way back to the start point where Daniel was waiting. It was on these climbs and side slopes that @Archibald Jurdi demonstrated brilliantly and instantly the need to steer down when the car loses momentum. @Probir Mukherjee showed his skills in self recovery, @Ahab Shamaa flexed his FJC muscles with a side of panache thrown in and @Yasas Dharmadasa and @Athula Dharmadada both waved the flag for how to get the most out of Grand Cherokees.  

PS. I have now decided I will never speak of mechanical issues again. Like Shakespeare’s MacBeth, which is only known as the Scottish Play for macabre reasons, all my previous drives to date, including this one, will now be referred to as the ‘Scottish Drives’. We shall speak no more of it ;) 

😊

Thankyou @Foxtrot Oscar for a lovely drive and great lead .Nice sense of humour , you had us in splits.Felt sorry for fellow  journeyman @DANIEL NOGUEIRA hope his vehicle  gets sorted and he is back on drives .Thanks to @Tamas Hoffmann@Anish S and @Mohamed Seidam for great support and radio guidance.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 12/20/2020 at 1:01 AM, Rahimdad said:

Now @Ahab Shamaa guess Santa will not be bringing any gifts for you this Christmas. You've been a naughty boy. @DANIEL NOGUEIRA will seriously be thinking Japanese now. You know my love of the 5.7 hemi Ram. Hope the Ram gets well soon.

@Rahimdad Japanese like patrol has exactly the same electric power steering (EPS) and probably others as well... we use it in extreme conditions,  and it was not supposed to happen what happened unfortunately...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use