COVID 19 compliant -RSVP 20 Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 5 Jun 2021

Great drive @Foxtrot Oscar i really enjoyed it. Good job @Arman as always :P. Thank you @Alexander Alcala great job! @Islam Solimanhope my help made your job easier at the back. @Jack Thomas great driving with you again dude! 

See you all soon Inshallah 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Foxtrot OscarHave to say, absolutely loved the drive, great fun, great banter and the dunes were pretty good also 🤣🤣

Makes a change for you not to have to recover me at some point on the drive, so i guess i must be getting better (at least at the self recovery) 🤦‍♂️

@Arman you smashed the 2nd lead, was a joy to watch

@Jack Thomasthanks for the extra guidance on dealing with a couple of refusals

@Islam Solimanas always great having you on the drive and reassuring knowing that you are sweeping every body along, not that you needed to do too much (other than a few pop outs) as everyone was driving so well.

@Alexander Alcalafirst drive with you and hope it wont be the last, thanks for holding the centre together.

Thanks to everyone else for a great drive

Finally @Foxtrot Oscarcant wait for the next Fewbie ++ (can see @Gauravmaking this a new level 😀)

Till the next time stay safe

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Many thanks Angela @Foxtrot Oscar !

I loved the drive, packed with action, side sloping, criss cross, long ridges,  you made the most of what the terrain had to offer !!

And the last technical portion in the dark was perfect to push a bit the challenge !

Thanks to all in the convoy, in particular @Arman @Alexander Alcala @Islam Soliman for the support and guidance !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

I would like to give a big shout out to this drive and all the participants.

@Foxtrot Oscar for an excellent lead and banter thank you very much. I have to be honest, your lead and drive style, the challenges and obstacles you lead us to experience were all I expected a Fewbie+ drive to be. I shall join your drives any day again.

Getting crested.....a shame on me. I could have sworn that even the Jeep snored at me when I parked at home last night. We both licked our wounds. 

To @Islam Soliman for an excellent sweep and coming to the rescue, overseeing a few pop-outs thank you very much. We did not spend more than 20 minutes on any situation. :)

@Arman an excellent second lead. Remember to also look on top next time. I shall remember to carry a drink for your car with me on a next drive :)

@Alexander Alcala I had a lot of fun keeping a close eye on your Jeep in front of me.

Wondering into the dark of night again for a second round of adrenaline. Thank you to all that joined, vegetation or not we had fun. It's not everyday our wheels feel grass underneath them.

This was the drive with the absolute most ridge riding and cris-crossing I had been on since joining the club. It took me a while to figure out exactly what about these drives it is that gets my adrenaline flowing. I do understand that gaining experience in all areas of sand driving is what makes a well rounded driver but the somewhat faster pace and body roll of a cris-cross eventually is what makes me sit upright and thoroughly enjoy the drives. 

@Foxtrot Oscar thank you for the cold one before we departed home. Have a great week. Until we drive again.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

It took me a while to find the time to write this report.

I will start thanking @Foxtrot Oscarfor assigning me the CF position.  I am used to being the sweep and this was a different experience.

I enjoyed very much the route and the driving.  The heat and the bright sun made it hard to read the dunes but the convoy handled it beautifully. I am really proud of all you guys that no-one got stuck and were able to self recover from every refusal (and also very happy that you didn't make me sweat under the scorching sun at almost 50 degrees).

I was resuming my jeeping after over a month off the tracks and my jeep behaved exceptionally well, even on that little jump after the steep little step.  I am happy to be back.

@armaanreally surprised me with his driving this time.  Really enjoyed watching you mastering the slopes and the ridges.

@Xavier Treasurer At the beginning I think you had some difficulties but were very quick to regain control and accommodate to the complexities of the super soft sand.  Kudos for you on a solid performance.

@Islam Soliman It was great to see you handle the pop outs and teaching the team how to quickly re inflate.  

I had some family commitmments that impeded me to continue for the final night part but I had a glimpse of the terrain in the final part of the first segment.

It's a pity that we can't have the regular group conversations because of covid, but I hope that we will soon resume that social part of our adventures.

I hope to see you again soon on the dunes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use