•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - 7-Eleven: "Buy 3, Get 4"...Hours of Driving - Dubai - 27 Feb 2022

Ale Vallecchi

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above 

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Dropped pin
https://maps.app.goo.gl/om5sMbWJ4Ze6cZME9

Action Plan: Open from 7:00 in the morning, to 11in the evening. That's how the well known chain of convenience stores came to be called 7-Eleven. We'll also open for business at 7:00AM, and we'll be going at it for the next 4 hours, until 11:00AM, providing a non-stop, always open throttle, driving adventure. Our drive plan will be designed to last exactly 4 hours, and/or to cover 120 Km.  The drive will end, wherever we'll be (with exit points planned nearby our route), at exactly 11:00 AM, or upon covering 120 Km, whichever comes first. The goal is to drive at a minimum average moving speed of 30Km/h. To make things more challenging, the terrain will entail also a few technical areas, at the beginning, and as many long range dunes as we can find, with a couple of sabkhas in between. 

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close on Friday - 9 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts

Paraphrasing Churchill's words, tomorrow's drive "will be long, will be hard, and will be unpredictable".

The itinerary is divided into 4 segments: 

1) from Murqaab's mosque to Faqa's sabkha - mix of technical and long range dunes, some vegetation, the longest of the four;

2) Faqa to the Little Sweihan - possibility of choosing diverse tracks (from technical but straighter, to long range but longer), mostly sandy, could be the fastest;

3) From the souther sabkhas to Solar Park's edges - in the long run,  vegetation may be the biggest challenge of this segment (patience required);

4) final dash (Inshallah) to Qudra - familiar terrain, we'll have to worry about some technical areas, and abundant cross-tracks.

The time required to cover each segment will not be exactly 1 hour,but may vary. I am counting to reach as far as Solar Park, from 7 to Eleven, with the hope of having been fast enough, and unencumbered by problems, to manage a last sprint home to Qudra, instead of an exit. 

Breaks will come only as necessary, so bring refreshments to stay hydrated and focus through the drive.

@Vaibhav, @Tom B, @Stav, @Mohamad Anwer, @Waqas Parvez, @Naim Aoun, @James Thorn, @Rsjiv Samuel, @Looper and @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. 

PLEASE TRY TO REACH THE MEETING POINT AT LEAST 15 MIN BEFORE 7AM, SO WE CAN START EXACTLY ON TIME. 

Convoy order and radio channel will be given tomorrow morning prior to the start. 

Have a great Saturday evening. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

45 minutes ago, Rob S said:

I have added myself to waitlist, if spot available I would like to join!

Hi @Rob S. You are already in the drive 😉. See you tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

Paraphrasing Churchill's words, tomorrow's drive "will be long, will be hard, and will be unpredictable".

The itinerary is divided into 4 segments: 

1) from Murqaab's mosque to Faqa's sabkha - mix of technical and long range dunes, some vegetation, the longest of the four;

2) Faqa to the Little Sweihan - possibility of choosing diverse tracks (from technical but straighter, to long range but longer), mostly sandy, could be the fastest;

3) From the souther sabkhas to Solar Park's edges - in the long run,  vegetation may be the biggest challenge of this segment (patience required);

4) final dash (Inshallah) to Qudra - familiar terrain, we'll have to worry about some technical areas, and abundant cross-tracks.

The time required to cover each segment will not be exactly 1 hour,but may vary. I am counting to reach as far as Solar Park, from 7 to Eleven, with the hope of having been fast enough, and unencumbered by problems, to manage a last sprint home to Qudra, instead of an exit. 

Breaks will come only as necessary, so bring refreshments to stay hydrated and focus through the drive.

@Vaibhav, @Tom B, @Stav, @Mohamad Anwer, @Waqas Parvez, @Naim Aoun, @James Thorn, @Rsjiv Samuel, @Looper and @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. 

PLEASE TRY TO REACH THE MEETING POINT AT LEAST 15 MIN BEFORE 7AM, SO WE CAN START EXACTLY ON TIME. 

Convoy order and radio channel will be given tomorrow morning prior to the start. 

Have a great Saturday evening. 

Sounds amazing 👏 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Ale Vallecchi thank you once again for a fantastic drive this morning. I have been looking forward to my first fewbie+ drive all week and it didn't disappoint! Over 110 km clocked!

@Looper and @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil thanks also for providing first rate support to this morning's drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 5

Important Information

Terms of use