•  

Night Fewbie Desert Drive - Pink Rock to Big Red " Pitch Black Reload " - Sharjah - 21 July 2023

M.Seidam

Dear Pitch Black Loopers 

Hello and welcome to the second version of this night drive which is reloaded this time with more loops and darker then ever . its a dark hot night and trust me you will need all the fluids needed for your self and your truck . having said that check your vehicles and your gear and be prepared for lots of climbs , loops re loops and in and out boweling especially around the big red . little advise dont bring passengers whom are liable to develope motion sickness. there will be no immediate exit when we are in the middle of the darkness.

image.jpeg.113785435552574f4c6e0d27d472cacd.jpeg

stay tuned toward end of the week .

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Fewbie and above

Meeting time: 8:15 PM Friday 21 July

Meeting Point https://goo.gl/maps/BEPGeXWQD5g8jKNR7 Tawi Nazwa 4X4 track

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 12:15 AM  Saturday 22 July

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars maximum. RSVP will close the night befor the event.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please add your self on the wait list option and the system will pull in after one drive retriction will be released if there are available slots and drive not closed yet.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members that do not confirm the terms of the COVID requirements will be removed from the RSVP list.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Pitch Black Riders 

Hello and welcome again . I hope every one is ready and anticipated for the action tonight . Few things to remember

Please do re check you fluids and required gear as per rank once more.

come with full tank up to the brim .

off road lights are not mandatory except for the lead car . However if you have them it’s ok but make sure you don’t glare the car in front . 

Please make sure to have full cover of the legs and feet and try avoid the shrubs when ever we stop . Also keep the radio always with you as well as adequate light when ever you are out of your car. 

please maintain the convoy discipline at all time , no take over or gravity fight especially when we do the in/out bowing or climbing . Keep 3 to 4 cars distance and follow the track please. If unsure don’t try to venture on your own instead stop and announce it on radio so we can help you to get on track.

Please don’t bring passengers whom are known to develop motion sickness or not accustomed to desert terrains as immediate exit might not be in hand in the middle of the dark desert.

please be on time 20:15  or slightly earlier so we can start the drive and finish on time or even earlier. 

we will use carnity channel 2 ( 446031 ) for communication . Make sure your radio is set and fully charged . And remember No radio or flag = No Drive 

please note that the drive RSVP is closed now 

below is the convoy order 

image.jpeg.bf94370c325f296eeae9b1f4e044fc81.jpeg

• Like (+1) 4

@M.Seidam- what a wonderful drive. we enjoyed a lot. Your leadership skills alongvwith support staff to get the Pardo out was commendable, especially with heavy winds making life difficult 

20230721_220348.jpg

20230721_203218.jpg

20230721_214523.jpg

20230721_214515.jpg

20230721_231430.jpg

20230721_212429.jpg

20230721_201936.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

Dear friends 

@Thejas Uthran @Gautam Banka @Glenn W @Harshal @Hugo @topgear @Jaro Tuzinsky

Thank you all for joining the night drive and being at the meeting point ahead of time and sharing all the passion along. It was great pleasure for me to meet old friends as well as new ones. 

We were all set and In a “pitch black “ wind blowing night we took our root almost straight from Tawi nezwa to the rock where every one was ready for the second more demanding and thrilling second half of the drive.

image.jpeg.d71e283376adaecbdd0d4b0dcfe8d507.jpeg

The sand was soft and super soft in some areas and maintaining the momentum was crucial to get away especially in the climbs at big red. Couple of refusals were expected and probably the only true  situation encountered when the Prado was bogged sideways in tricky angle which entailed to anchor it from above for extra safety as there was no room for an error here and the rest came smooth thereafter . 

I always finish my drives with a take home massage . few things to remember: 

If you encounter multiple refusal always check your tire pressure as it tends to rise especially in the summer.

maintaining focus is prime in desert driving and it’s just split second distraction might end in misshapen or loss of track. 

we are all tempted to maintain the line however this shouldn’t be at expanse of your own safety , just surf along the current and never agains it ( NO GRAVITY FIGHT )

At  the end I would like to thank the support team for their presence to guide help and enjoy the drive . @Benjamin perfect second lead as usual 🙏@Simon D your last min addition was highly appreciated and much needed. 🙏@Davie Chase having you in the sweep position is definitely no less important than the first car leading . Thanks for every thing 🙏

All and all it was a lovely , yet challenging thrilling drive in the dark and I hope you enjoyed as much as I did.

take care and see you soon in the sand 

Seidam 

9 hours ago, Harshal said:

@M.Seidam- what a wonderful drive. we enjoyed a lot. Your leadership skills alongvwith support staff to get the Pardo out was commendable, especially with heavy winds making life difficult 

20230721_220348.jpg

20230721_203218.jpg

20230721_214523.jpg

20230721_214515.jpg

20230721_231430.jpg

20230721_212429.jpg

20230721_201936.jpg

Lovely pictures thanks dear 🙏

• Like (+1) 2

@M.Seidam thank you for the last night. I enjoyed the night drive as never before. Thank you the all convoy for discipline, helpfulness and togetherness. I love you few things to remember. Everybody should have it written on our dashboards:)

have a great weekend and see you the next one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@M.Seidam this was a great drive in the dark to add toward to the infinite dark loops series! I always look forward to these and hope to see you again soon. 

everyone drove amazingly and it was incredible to see the large convoy manipulate the dunes like a oversized playground! Till next time everyone :) 

amazong support @Davie Chase (smooth operator) and @Simon D always great to learn something new with you guys :) 

• Like (+1) 3

@M.Seidam thank you for an amazing night drive as always thoroughly enjoyed myself. Fantastic flowing drive with great lines. @Benjamin superb second lead listening to and acting on Docs instructions keeping the rest of the convoy safe and sound, well done mate. @Simon D your CF presence as always brings a mastery to the middle of the convoy, attending to the few refusals and stucks that we encountered great job as usual mate.

The rest of the convoy @Thejas Uthran @Gautam Banka @Glenn W @Harshal @Hugo @topgear @Jaro Tuzinskydrove extremely well making the support teams jobs so much easier, great to see some old and new faces out in the desert, great drive, great company and an abundance of fun, what else do you need on a Friday night :):)

hope to see you all in the sand again soon :)

• Like (+1) 4

Better late than never with my drive report. 

It was a truly enjoyable drive for me, as always with Dr @M.Seidam leading, @Davie Chase bringing up the rear and @Simon D keeping things stable in the center. 

I had great fun driving in the middle of 2 other FJs, following @Hugo ‘s tracks and in front of @Jaro Tuzinsky 

Of course it was great fun to see familiar @Harshal @Benjamin and new faces  in the convoy  

Looking forward to the weekend for another night drive 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use