COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Big Red to Pink Rock - Sharjah - 14 Aug 2020

Wrangeld

Thank you everyone, actually I spend quite a lot for my car and changed the tyres to new off and on road type and changed air filter and box to big one.

@Wrangeld I am agree with yo with second point. I am pushing the gas pedal to the end to get enough momentum but as you noticed correctly there is some reason stoping my car.

My car is 3.8L and Should be better than this.

however I will take my car to the Pajero service center for inspection this week.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you everybody for an awesome drive...Surprisingly, there was so much traffic in the desert. It was a very good and more importantly safe decision to standstill since at one point traffic was coming in all the ways and actually they were driving through our convoy too. Looking at the way the other convoy was driving, it makes us even more proud to be with Carnity. In addition a mess was made by one the other convoy and there was not much option to come out through the messy and churned bowl, there was not much space to get momentum and manoeuvre around. Under the wonderful leadership of Richard @Wrangeld and supervision of @Brette and @Chaitanya D the situations were managed successfully.

Thank you Dr @Chaitanya D for recovering me when i got crested due to lack of momentum. Initially when i lost momentum, i tried to gain some more momentum by circling but it was not enough and i had to exit earlier because @Yousef Alimadadi was also in the bowl. However @Yousef Alimadadi played well and exited where it was less steep.

@Yousef Alimadadi i would like to know more about that chip...And since i was driving in front of you, i felt that you just need to gain more momentum. And to maintain momentum, you need more space in between vehicles especially when driving Long Wheel Base like ours. It what happened to me today, at one point i drove close to Richard and i did not have enough distance to maintain the momentum and ended up crested.

See you soon, enjoy....

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

6 hours ago, Anish S said:

Looking at the way the other convoy was driving, it makes us even more proud to be with Carnity. In addition a mess was made by one the other convoy and there was not much option to come out through the messy and churned bowl, there was not much space to get momentum and manoeuvre around

Absolutely agree with you @Anish S. I stopped in a situation where immediately I realised getting out would be difficult. I had to do this considering there were other cars from our group waiting probably higher in the bowl, other convoy cars came dangerously close to me twice ( once by the pajero sport and second by white wrangler).

That white wrangler made "a soup of the sand in the bowl" perfectly for some of us to have a difficult time getting out, including me who digged wheels into sand. I must thank you all for waiting patiently and helping me in shovelling.

Thanks to @Brette and @Wrangeld for directing me getting out. It was good learning for me - shovel and 4L proved very helpful. 

Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use