•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert drive - Al Qudra - 23 Oct 2020

Brette

Dear @Brette, dear @Ashy

today's drive in Al Qudra was as complicated, with several stucks and refusals and even a mechanical failure, as it was enjoyable due the very mild temperatures. 

We did spend quite some time waiting for recoveries (some of which non trivial ones) to be successfully concluded, but it was nevertheless a very nice drive, especially in the 2nd half when we reached a more technical area along with higher dunes. 

@Janarthan was all over the place helping everyone with great enthousiasm and energy. While others may have waited a bit, he had a very busy morning 😂😂. Well done! 

The whole convoy must be congratulated as everyone was well disciplined, patiently waiting long minutes during multiple recoveries and showing a good spirit of cooperation, great passion and teamwork when heavy shoveling was required and some reasoning was needed to identify the best recovery strategy . 

As @Luca Palanca Falsini noticed, @Abu Muhammad's gigantic Toyota Sequoia made my Nissan Patrol look like a toy car in comparison 😂😂.. loosing the power steering on such a beast was definitely a challenge: kudos to @Abu Muhammad therefore, who managed very well on his way out after the mechanical failure. 

From the back of the convoy I could watch the last few cars, who did all very well, despite the soft and sometimes churned up sand. @Franco Swart, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran, @Luca Palanca Falsiniand @Hennie Schoeman all drove very smoothly with very few difficulties, making good learning of the experiences by those in the first half of the convoy. 

Drive details below:

1881629541_Screenshot_20201023-185755_PathAwayPro.jpg.d0eb22cae77a9612751a683918316bcc.jpg

See you soon in the sand! 

Edited by Lorenzo Candelpergher
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Almost technical ( convoy 1 : @Brette )

I woke up 10 min before my alarm , in a second I thought I missed it 🤭... luckily I didn’t 😅 .... eventually reached the meeting point correctly as the second convoy ( convoy 2 : Vinod @Tbone )  was at sight slightly ahead. After deflation flagging up and briefing every one from both convoys were ready as the flying sweep @Gaurav passed back and forth greeting the drivers and making sure that everything is going fine.

as we passed @Tbone convoy we carried on the track till our lead took the turn to the left and we started the action.

It run “almost technical “ .. this meant for me as I describe it controlled fine driving with gentle swinging between gas and breaks. This was my third fewbie drive and I would call it my “ technical drive “ kept it on 2 and seldom hit the break . Great learning .we faced many refusals and stucks and one pop out and all this was ok till . @Abu Muhammad faced a problem in the power steering the last hour before finish . Somehow sorted till we were out safely and later on I passed him in alqudra road while going home and seemed the vehicle was ok.

@Brette thank you for the ride and it was good that I didn’t miss it 

special thanks to @Janarthan and @Lorenzo Candelpergher for all the help and patience in recoveries and the technical issues 

thank you all and wish you pleasant day 

cheers 👍🚙🙏🏻

P.S : some clips and pict to be edited and to come bit later 

https://www.relive.cc/view/vQvyD9JQ34q

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
Adding
  • Like (+1) 4

Dear @Lorenzo Candelpergher& @Franco Swart Thank you so much for your help and advise in a calm, friendly and professional manners Appreciated very much. 
Also thanks to  @Brette and @Janarthan and everybody else  for fun drive and great teamwork whenever needed. 

After researching about the mechanical problem that I had today it looks like I’m going to need a new steering rack as it’s apparently a common problem for Tundra and Sequoia 2010-2014 models but for sure I will find out after visiting the workshop. 

• Like (+1) 6

Convoy 1 Drive

It was indeed with great enthusiasm that I was looking forward to this drive. And this drive indeed made my Friday morning☺️🌞!

As it is, the Qudra region never disappoints in terms of its extremely soft sand, even though I thought that the chilly weather would maybe mean forgiving sand... Helas not really😬. So we drove along the soft sand quite enjoyably and as we go on our lead @Brette takes us through testing areas with the techincalities here and there..some of which we passed with flying colors, others were stucks and refusals with great learning outcomes. Overall it was excellent drive! Thank you @Brette☺️.

Special thanks also goes to @Janarthan, @Lorenzo Candelpergher and @Anish S for supporting the drive...cheers to the amazing team spirit👍

Great job by rest of the convoy... nicely done👍

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use