COVID 19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams - Dubai - 11 Dec 2020

Gaurav

Hey @Gaurav, I have left this drive as Im unable to make it in the afternoon due to a sudden family commitment. I'm still on the waiting list for the morning drive. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Please find your convoy positions for tomorrow drive:

1 Gaurav Silver Pajero
2 Bernd Stucke 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
3 Mike Kraher Pajero / 2016 / 5 door
4 Michael Gazi Pajero 2017 4 door white
5 Hardik Mody Brown Montero
6 Bala Krishnan Prado
7 Dinesh Dembla 2020 Toyota Land Cruiser V8 4.6L GXR - Silver
8 Paul Zeitoun 2016, Ram1500, 4 door, Black Green
9 varunmehndiratta Wrangler JL
10 Arman Wrangler TJ
11 Shehab Alawadhi Ford F150
12 Thomas Varghese 2008 Nissan XTERRA Basic White
13 Marjan Green Wrangler

@Bernd Stucke @Mike Kraher @Michael Gazi @Hardik Mody @Bala Krishnan @Dinesh Dembla @Paul Zeitoun @varunmehndiratta @Thomas Varghese @Arman @Shehab Alawadhi

We will be using Radio Chanel 1 - 446.006'25 for all drive communication.

MUST READ AND CLICK TOTALLY AGREE ON THE BELOW COVID19 PRECAUTIONS

Some important pointers:

1) Please watch the Newbie Video Briefing in case you have not done it before.

2) Please go through the COVID regulations and abide by them during the drive.

3) Please fully charge your Radio and set to Carnity frequency, channel 1 - 446.006'25.

4) Please make sure you have a safety flag and know how to fix it firmly on your car.

5) Make sure your front and back towpoints are in perfect condition. We will need them to recover you safely.

In case of any emergency, you can contact me on 050 5258706.

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks everybody for participating and having fun in the desert. Looking forward to see you all in the next drive. @Gaurav & @Jeepie gave us good support. Thanks to the valuable lessons learned from @Frederic & @sertac during my 1st drive as an Absolute Newbie I managed to complete the course without getting stuck once. So happy to slowly start unleashing the potential of the XTERRA. I really enjoyed the afternoon. 

IMG_2626-2.jpg

IMG_2637-2.jpg

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks all for a nice afternoon experience, specially to @Gaurav and @Jeepie, I think we as a newbie group tested well your recovery skills and learnt a lot from you both through the ride. 

Surface was very soft through the course and that meant we had it all - someone stuck every 5 min, pop outs, regular tow recoveries to winch recovery. 

Personally with around 5-6 rides done (3 with Carnity) and couple previously I have really started to relate much better to my vehicles and njoied every bit of it. Especially the high slopes we did in the end was real highlight for me. 

Thanks again looking forward to see you guys over next weekend(s). 

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 6

14 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Thanks everybody for participating and having fun in the desert. Looking forward to see you all in the next drive. @Gaurav & @Jeepie gave us good support. Thanks to the valuable lessons learned from @Frederic & @sertac during my 1st drive as an Absolute Newbie I managed to complete the course without getting stuck once. So happy to slowly start unleashing the potential of the XTERRA. I really enjoyed the afternoon. 

IMG_2626-2.jpg

IMG_2637-2.jpg

thats such a good picture! 

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you everyone for the amazing fun and the great learning experience. Thank you @Gaurav and @Jeepie for your guidance on how to get out of a sticky situation. I learned a lot. 

Hope to see everyone next time!

P.S. I posted the video of the Ram getting stuck because I want to know how to avoid that since I drive an F150. Any advice?

Snapchat-1661879140.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

@Shehab Alawadhi great question. When I learn I will let you know. Seriously, getting a refusal or getting stuck is part of your learning process. I've been out in the dunes for over 12 years and I'm still learning. Main thing in a stuck or refusal is to stay calm, you think better when your mind is at peace. The key to not getting stuck is momentum, the right speed at the right time. You have to perfect the knowledge of when to accelerate and when to let the throttle go. You will only learn this with time as your vehicle and you become one. Remember when Ironman first wore his suit, he destroyed everything in his lab. With time he learned how to control his suit, with nobody to guide him. You're lucky you have excellent people around you to teach and guide you so you don't have to destroy your lab. Enjoy, look closely how the vehicle in front of you is managing the situation and learn and replicate their actions. Happy learning bro. Looking forward to catching up with you on one of the drives.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Shehab Alawadhi I was watching you climb up the dune and slowing down near the top. I think you lost the momentum because you were unsure of the incline on the other side. Seeing you getting stuck made me increase the speed and I was prepared for the dive down in case it was really steep. I was sure it was safe to increase the momentum as the Marshall @Gaurav & @Jeepie will not let us do an unsafe drive and cause a casualty and I saw others safely negotiating the dune and you getting stuck as you lost the momentum. Taught me a valuable lesson - TRUST THE MARSHAL and just drive as he instructs.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use