COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Ghantoot - Little Sweihan - Dubai - 29 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Dear Desertnauts,

in preparation for the drive, here are the latest news.

First, about reaching the meeting point, be advised that there will be other Carnity convoy in that very same area (along the same track), meeting for their drives. Our convoy will be the last one, in correspondence of the published meeting place. While you reach it, after turning off from the tarmac and crossing the bike track, you will pass these other Carnity convoys: do not stop, and drive all the way to our meeting point, where I should be waiting on a black Xterra. Once again, set the published meeting point on your Google Maps, follow the directions accordingly, and please join the last one of the convoys that you'll see, further into the gravel track.

Secondly, once you reach the meeting point, please tune into Carnity channel #5 (462.887). Once arrived you may start deflating to 12-13 PSI, depending on your car and type of tires.

The convoy order will be the following:

@Luca Palanca Falsini will take Second Lead position

@Aravind Padmaraju at #3

@Thomas Varghese as #4

@varunmehndiratta is driver #5

@N@ved will be #6

@Islam Soliman will anchor the convoy at Center Forward

@Niki Patel will follow at #8

@Arda Yagcioglu will in position #9

@Denizzalbayrak with shirt #10

@Anand Nataraj you are #11

@Jack Thomas will follow at #12, and 

@Ahab Shamaa will Sweep the group to safety.

Now, let's end the day on a positive note, enjoy a relaxing evening, and prepare for a challenging Fewbie drive, comforted by the fact that we have a strong and experienced convoy, which will do its best to make the newer members feel at ease with this long drive, through every terrain and practice grounds that the Emirate of Dubai has to offer. See you tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

in preparation for the drive, here are the latest news.

First, about reaching the meeting point, be advised that there will be other Carnity convoy in that very same area (along the same track), meeting for their drives. Our convoy will be the last one, in correspondence of the published meeting place. While you reach it, after turning off from the tarmac and crossing the bike track, you will pass these other Carnity convoys: do not stop, and drive all the way to our meeting point, where I should be waiting on a black Xterra. Once again, set the published meeting point on your Google Maps, follow the directions accordingly, and please join the last one of the convoys that you'll see, further into the gravel track.

Secondly, once you reach the meeting point, please tune into Carnity channel #5 (462.887). Once arrived you may start deflating to 12-13 PSI, depending on your car and type of tires.

The convoy order will be the following:

@Luca Palanca Falsini will take Second Lead position

@Aravind Padmaraju at #3

@Thomas Varghese as #4

@varunmehndiratta is driver #5

@N@ved will be #6

@Islam Soliman will anchor the convoy at Center Forward

@Niki Patel will follow at #8

@Arda Yagcioglu will in position #9

@Denizzalbayrak with shirt #10

@Anand Nataraj you are #11

@Jack Thomas will follow at #12, and 

@Ahab Shamaa will Sweep the group to safety.

Now, let's end the day on a positive note, enjoy a relaxing evening, and prepare for a challenging Fewbie drive, comforted by the fact that we have a strong and experienced convoy, which will do its best to make the newer members feel at ease with this long drive, through every terrain and practice grounds that the Emirate of Dubai has to offer. See you tomorrow.

I'm ready. 

• Like (+1) 4

Woohoo! @Ale Vallecchi, you’re such an eloquent writer 👏🏻 Good thing UC Davis wasn’t wasted on you 😂

Reading your post, you’d think we’re Space X passenger going on a trip to the moon 😀 

We do have a stong convoy, and with two Italians in the lead, I’m having visions of ice cold limoncellos and burrata 😂 

• Haha (+1) 6

4 hours ago, Senthil Kumar said:

@Ale Vallecchiiam in waiting list no 3, if I sign in this, I will sign out of other drive 

Hello @Senthil Kumar. Sorry for my delay, as I just saw your message upon my return at home. I saw you have signed up with Pancho's Fewbie, and in consideration of the fact that that drive has 4 members signed in, while mine has 12, I would suggest that you still join your first drive with Pancho, so that we can balance the drives' numbers. I hope you understand this, which is not a rejection from my part, but an attempt to have equally balanced drives throughout the club. I am sorry if this disappoints you, and I hope you understand. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use