COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 19 Mar 2021

Rahimdad

Have a nice ride @danebowers, will miss you. I'll remove you from this drive.

And then there were 12.

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

Convoy numbering:

1 Rahimdad Pathfinder (Lead)
2 Jasim Khumi Pajero SWB (SL)
3 Lakshmi Narasimhan Pajero LWB
4 Roger K LR3
5 prajupramod LC200
6 Rawad Bahsas Patrol Y62
7 Islam Soliman GMC Yukon (CF)
8 Humayun Ghias Patrol
9 WaYan Wrangler JK
10 I.M.Shousha Wrangler JLU
11 luis mantecon Wrangler JKU
12 Ahmed Wagdy FJ Cruiser (Sweep)

@Jasim Khumi @Lakshmi Narasimhan @Roger K @prajupramod @Rawad Bahsas @Islam Soliman @Humayun Ghias @WaYan @I.M.Shousha إسلام أبوشوشة @luis mantecon @Ahmed Wagdy

Please find your names and convoy numbering above as per the latest development. When you arrive tomorrow morning, you can start deflating your tires to 15psi if you have normal/highway tires, and 12psi in case you have off-road tires.

Please arrive on time 6:00 AM, earlier is even better so we can help you out with deflation if needed.

We will be using Carnity Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz.

Seniors on the drive are myself, @Jasim Khumi in second lead, @Islam Soliman as center forward and @Ahmed Wagdy who will be sweeping the convoy and we will all help you out in case of refusals, stucks, which is all part of the game (and fun) :)

After deflating we will do a briefing to emphasize on the aspects of off-roading and the teamwork involved when becoming part of our off-road community. Since the number of cases has gone alarmingly high and as per the new restrictions we will revert back to briefing from our vehicles over the radio..

In case of emergencies, you can contact me on 050 674 9099

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks a lot @Rahimdad, and @Islam Soliman for the amazing drive and for pushing the limits, where everyone really managed to do it.

Even though it was quite crowded, but it was really enjoyable, I assume this area is never empty, ha?!🤔

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Rahimdad @Islam Soliman @Ahmed Wagdy - Thank you once again for the great drive!! The guidance and support you provide is truly commendable!!

Had a nice time with the amazing convoy today!!

See you all soon!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Stunning morning drive led by @Rahimdad with quite good achievements .. all NB up Fossil Rock without a single refusal and then crawl down on the rocky side of FR towards Faya through the mighty bowls up to the highest point of Faya.. not a NB itinerary that you see everyday .. thanks a lot @Rahimdad and thanks @Jasim Khumi and @Ahmed Wagdy for the wonderful support.

very well done to the whole convoy for this fun and fulfilling drive.. great driving with you all and can’t wait for the next one.. enjoy the weekend and c u soon on the sand 🎢

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Thanks a lot @Rahimdad for the amazing drive, thanks @Islam Soliman and @Ahmed Wagdy for the support.

I forgot to remove my flag after the drive and found it still hanging on tight on my roof when I reached home 😂 so for anyone who doubts the dragon mart suction flags, it can withstand speeds of upto 140kms/hr as well 😂, just make sure to clean both surfaces with sanitizer before applying the flag.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you so much @Rahimdad, @Islam Soliman and @Ahmed Wagdy

Such an amazing drive! I was a bit timid in the beginning as I saw the convoy speeding up on massive dunes before me. I soon got into my comfort zone and with the guidance of the team and observing the convoy; I was able to learn new things altogether. 

Thankfully my radio only started dying on me towards the very end. Lesson learnt, not to trust the battery meter and recharge nonetheless. 

Rahimdad, thank you for hooking me up with the kinetic rope kit as well! 

• Like (+1) 3

What an awesome and challenging day. @Rahimdad you sir managed the convoy so smoothly although the area was super crowded with crazy daredevils. special thanks to all the seniors @Jasim Khumi @Ahmed Wagdy and @Islam Soliman who helped me with a stubborn refusal that almost got my tire to pop-out yet they handled it perfectly and saved me a visit to the tire shop 😛

@Humayun Ghias I learned a new thing about my car today, that the traction control system reengages after switching from 4-low to 4-high. did you notice such a behavior with your patrol?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Rahimdad, @Ahmed Wagdy, @Islam Soliman for leading and managing a fun filled drive with utmost safety when many other convoys crossing in our way. Thanks for taking us through Fossil rock, guiding through steep slop, highest point in Faya. Looking forward for many more fun-filled drives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use