•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mystery Drive - Dubai? - 03 Apr 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Just now, Francois Germishuys said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi what do you have planned for us tomorrow? 

Take a look above - you drew the short straw: You're in the left hand side convoy ...  😏

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wrangeld said:

Take a look above - you drew the short straw: You're in the left hand side convoy ...  😏

But @Ale Vallecchi said he will see me tomorrow, was just wondering 🤪 

@Wrangeld my old buddy, I missed you, im sure you asked for me to be in your team! Haha see you Saturday! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Francois Germishuys said:

@Wrangeld my old buddy, I missed you, im sure you asked for me to be in your team! Haha see you Saturday! 

Sorry @Francois Germishuys 🤓 I corrected. Saturday it is!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Francois Germishuys said:

You will see Ale - don't worry (on the right hand side of the road (and through the drive I am sure). 

And ... who would not want you in their team? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 hours ago, Jack Thomas said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi having a few issues with my truck today. So I am going to have to get that checked out, so please give my space to someone else.

Have a awesome drive everyone 

Thanks @Jack Thomas. Hope to see you soon. 

3 hours ago, Yahya Munir said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, unfortunately I got an urgent work matter to attend tomorrow morning. Was really excited to join. Have a safe one and I’ll catch you next time.

Thanks for letting me know @Yahya Munir. Hope to see you soon. 

On 4/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, Francois Germishuys said:

Hi @Francois Germishuys. You will drive with my convoy tomorrow. 😁

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/1/2021 at 4:08 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

The mystery is about to be solved. We have chosen a meeting point, which will soon be published on the drive's post. PLEASE CHECK THE PAGE AFTER 7PM TOMORROW EVENING.

Once you reach it, please position yourself on separate sides of the road, according to which convoy you belong to. 

@Ale Vallecchi's convoy will be on the right hand side of the road, and will be composed of:

@Ahab Shamaa, @Goutam, @Islam Soliman, @Jack Thomas, @Kenneth Bollhardt, @kolinrrj, @Malachy McGrogan, @Nihal17, @Rizwan Waheed, @VipinShetty and @Yahya Munir. The radio channel selected for this convoy is Carnity Channel #2 (446.031).

@Wrangeld (Richard)'s convoy will line up on the left side of the road, and will include:

@Francois Germishuys, @Humayun Ghias, @Mobeen Anwar, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Niki Patel, @Rob Harper, @sheri, @Sreejith Sreenivasan, @stavros papachristos, @Thomas Varghese @Watteau and @Yousef Alimadadi. The radio channel selected for this convoy is Carnity Channel #1 (446.006).

These lists are in alphabetical order, so the exact convoys' orders will be unveiled tomorrow. They have been composed so to keep into account a balanced mix of drivers, in terms or ranks, experience and type of cars.

As far as the itinerary is concerned, we will be entering an area of large, long dunes (tall but not too sharp), spend some time playing in their shadows, then cross a sabkha and approach another area of long range cordons (although possibly accessed through a small set of more technical dunes). Initially our general direction will be west, with the sun at our backs, but eventually we plan to turn around, toward a yet undecided exit point, in an easterly position with respect to Downtown Dubai. All skills will be practiced: side sloping, some ridge riding and criss-crossing, as well as driving along canyons, and in and out of sand bowls as well.

Meeting time is confirmed at 6:00 AM on Saturday Morning, sharp.

Enjoy your end of the week, and have a good Friday.

Hello guys. The site at the moment is not working well, so I have not yet been able to post the meeting point. 

FIND IT BELOW:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/pTM91phzbnomZvGr7.

I'll keI'll trying to post it.

See you all tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use