COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - The Sweihan Switcheroo - Abu Dhabi - 11 Jun 2021

Frederic

Thanks Fred, for taking us to a wonderful part of Sweihan. The first part of the drive did have an unusually high amount of bushes which added another dimension to off-road adventure and the 360 degree bowl was the a wonderful icing on the cake.

A few points for all the drivers which was quite evident during the play time :

1. Don't get carried away when you see such a bowl, as in the quest to go higher and faster, errors would happen. Your first attempt should be at 70-80% of your car's capability in order to judge the terrain before going at 100% throttle.

2. While side slopping never fishtail. That's an absolute No No. We were extremely lucky to have some near misses with no incidents. Driving within your vehicles limit is a key ingredient to being a good off-road driver

3. Ensure that your radio is working and you are on the right channel. If there is a silence on the radio, always do a Radio Check. Few drivers were making errors in the bowl while also having their radios mistakenly changed to a different channel.

4. Lastly, sometimes some of the senior members might have to speak loudly on the radio to draw your attention to an error that you are making. This is purely in interest of your own safety and there is no need to feel panicked after that. If the anxiety levels are high, take a break, get down from your car and have a bottle of water. Never drive under stress or fear as you stop listening to instructions and also commit more errors at the same time

Safe driving everyone and look forward to meeting you all soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4

Thanks to @Fredericfor leading us to this massive bowl after bouncing through unexpected bushes . Some cars went in V6 and came out V8 😬.... thanks to @Asif Hussainand @SrikumarFor sweeping us through this drive ..... well to be honest i think I learnt a lot on this drive especially when my tyre popped out for the first time after 8 months in desert 🐪🥶..... which thankfully @Asif Hussain and @Srikumarfixed it ..... beside all my other mistakes which I have to amend it 😎..... looking on the bright side of this drive, this new side of sweihan/khatim area was explored with a safe drive out of it ..... thanks everyone, @Zedfor giving his vegetable chopping board with his trolley jack ...... hope to join our next adventure with same group ASAP 🤪

Edited by Mus_hus78
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

@Ruan van den Heever and @Mus_hus78 offered their help to join us and together we headed to the other side of the road. We were able to successfully get the vehicle out and I wanted to thank you guys for offering your help !

@Frederic next time please announce it on the radio and the whole group will gladly follow you to help another Carnity or non-Carnity convoy i'm sure. I was late to find out only after inflating, @Hasan Wahlan told me of the incident but i didn't know where to go to help, so we could only pray for  all your safety 🙏🏻  Looking forward to Part 2 of the Switcheroos, and you weren't kidding btw, there were a lot of crest switches 😂

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Mus_hus78 said:

@Zedfor giving his vegetable chopping board with his trolley jack ...... 

As long as the Tools work bro, be it Ikea chopping board for the jack or plastic fasteners for the exhaust later upgraded to "borrowed" barbed wires from abandoned property fences 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

thanks @Srikumar@Frederic@Asif Hussainfor all the advise and feed back. Hoping to learn from the mistakes made and come out as a better driver. The incident on the other drive highlights how valuable these advises are, thank you all. On the other hand... WOW.. what a terrain.. awesome desert.. How accurate was @Frederic  when he said the travel from dubai will be well worth it....

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Zed said:

As long as the Tools work bro, be it Ikea chopping board for the jack or plastic fasteners for the exhaust later upgraded to "borrowed" barbed wires from abandoned property fences 😂

True bro ..... appreciate for your help next time I will get some vegetables and fruits to make some fresh Juice for our leads so to keep their temp cool 😎 if we mess up 🤪...... important thing is we all came out safe in one piece with all those helping hands 😇...

• Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use