Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - GO TECH - Dubai - 10 Sep 2021

Islam Soliman

Many thanks @Islam Soliman for the drive this morning.  The technical itinerary required continuous focus. Searching for the gazelle you mentioned on the radio, I got stuck immediately 😂

It was very enjoyable to find this swift spot between power, momentum, and balance of the car to manoeuvre through the tight dunes. Thanks to all the convoy for great teamwork during the recoveries.  Happy to be back on the sand !

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 4

A nice eventful drive @Islam Soliman  I believe we did abide very well by your selected theme. What I loved during the few stucks is the great teamwork and humility we witnessed. It confirms the interest we all had in the technical learnings throughout almost every moment of the drive.

The long dunes were calling on the way - as @JeromeFJ mentioned - but to be honest, they were not missed today.

I am usually inclined to drive in the front of the convoy. Today, driving at the back was challenging because of the churned sand between the tight dunes, but I also had the chance to look at different drivers styles, techniques and learn and anticipate some approaches. 

Thank you @JeromeFJ @Nabil Bishara and @Mario Cornejo for keeping the convoy together @Gaurav Soni and @Ranjan Das for a very nice demonstration and everyone for a beautiful morning !

PS : @Wrangeld you have competition 😄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

19 hours ago, Alain Canivet-Abikhalil said:

PS : @Wrangeld you have competition 😄

Nothing gives me more pleasure than to know that the passion that I inherited from @Gaurav for technical dunes, and with which he kindly let me run has infected more and more people in our club. 

I am 100% delighted to pass the 'mantle' of technical dune guardian to @Islam Soliman It was never mine to keep, just to carefully and temporarily look after until someone else wanted to continue sharing the enthusiasm for these critical skills that are needed to help us all become better drivers. 

In this game, there is rarely competition as all we want to see is that what little knowledge we have can be passed on to others so they can enjoy the same sort of experiences that we have had. 

Congratulations @Islam Soliman. Please continue to take care of this title until the next champion comes along.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Wow.. that is a huge responsibility @Wrangeld.. I always enjoyed being in your convoys to watch and learn how you swiftly maneuver through these tiny tight dunes that used to make me feel suffocated and intimidated just by passing nearby and feel relieved once I hear you announce on the radio the end of it and start seeing the open Sabkhat or large dunes ahead signaling end of the tech area where I can breath peacefully..

it’s an extra challenge for any driver and specially more challenging with heavy wide/long cars such as mine but I believe one only gets better by challenging own fears.. the more drives I had with you the more I got better and started to enjoy and love the tech areas but still with a lot of RESPECT 😂

Yesterday’s convoy was amazing and we had far less stucks/refusals than what I initially expected. The convoy managed to do in 4hrs over  30KM of tech driving without answering the temptation of all nearby open large dunes. This is mainly because most of them have been in your drives before so truth is the applaud is all yours @Wrangeld, @Gaurav and all other leads  for not only well handling these challenges but turning them into interests too 👏👏👏

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Well done @Islam Soliman for establishing this new theme and taking off-roaders out for graduation ceremony.

To be honest @Wrangeld has single handedly developed this theme for many months where my role was only limited to develop new leads.

Maybe with you both in this game now, I feel tempted too to jump in to try my hand with "infamous chimney".

• Like (+1) 6

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Am I the only one who feels sick while passing in technical dunes😂? I don't mind going very slow, but when we start doing sharp left and right up and down especially at a fewbie speed and above, I get sick...

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Am I the only one who feels sick while passing in technical dunes😂? I don't mind going very slow, but when we start doing sharp left and right up and down especially at a fewbie speed and above, I get sick...

All nice (focus is on Naice) addictions make one sick at early stage and once you get used to it, it's where the heaven is .....

01ece693732a3e7c6805af0c28030218--snoop-dogg-smoke-weed.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

but I believe one only gets better by challenging own fears..

Very well said Islam . Reminds me when I climbed feya from left side ridge and down the ridge from right side , the beast of the “ weathering heights “ was gone and it was a new begening … something like whenever you come to a new thing and you just need to cross the first dune combating the little fear and hesitation while in your ever first lead 😉
truth is I loved the technical more that anything in this art , so I am in with you guys @Wrangeld and @Gaurav 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use