Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Mahfiz to Bidayer - Sharjah - 24 Dec 2021

Shaaz Sha

1 hour ago, Charbel said:

is this drive not the best way way to end the year?

what a day! what a convoy! 

thanks @Shaaz Sha you are a beast.

Merry Christmas everyone 🎄!

20211224_095952.jpg

merry Christmas and happy new year

• Like (+1) 1

Awesome drive @Shaaz Sha. We accomplished all the targets in the allocated drive time thanks to all who showed up on time and drove so well so that not much time was lost on recoveries. I suppose we drove 60km plus. @Shaaz Sha allowed all the breaks required to keep us focused which was very important. Good support by @Ranjan Das & @Russ when it was called for. @Aisha S got lucky to drive as the 2nd lead and I could see her vrooming behind @Shaaz Sha happily. Was this a fewbie plus drive or a notch higher level? I believe it was almost an IM level drive considering the seemingly difficult track laid out to us by @Shaaz Sha and surprised that all the drivers rose up to the occasion and drove extremely well. My honor and pleasure to drive with such experienced and talented drivers. 

SEE YOU ALL IN THE SANDS SOON.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I said this before and I’ll say it again, I will always sign up for drives with you @Shaaz Sha

Your drives always push my limits and challenge me and that’s what I enjoy the most! You always give me things to work on. 

I told you that I’m not confident with ridge-riding and you spent the entirety of the second-half of the drive doing that until for the first time since I started driving in the desert, I got stuck and tugged TWICE! 

It did not feel like a fewbie plus drive at all and that was thrilling and scary at times. “You know I need to enjoy too” 😂😂

Lovely convoy. Thank you everyone and special thanks to the support team and Russ for the tugs and support. 

Merry Christmas everyone!  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

57 minutes ago, Shaaz Sha said:

Hello. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR in advance to every one. Thanks to every one for signing up , showing up on time and for an unforgettable day in the sand. The day started off with a drama as i saw @Thomas Varghese at the meeting point trying to fix a check engine light of his car and he doubted it might cause some problems during the drive. He was planing to quit the drive... but after a few minutes he sorted out the issue and then it was my turn when my 4X4 display turned off. We tried resetting the system removing the battery a few times and luckily it was done . After the radio check and briefing  we started off the drive and i believe we had complete radio silence for the first half an hour or so. Our convoy was strong enough to take up all the challenges on our way. What a drive Guys... You were all amazing and it was a pleasure to go off roading with you guys. .Well done😑.👏👏  We had our share of side slopping, high climbs and relatively sharp drops at the Mahafiz to Faya track which i believe every one where entertained . From Faya to Big red  we had super technical track where we had patches of totally track free and virgin dunes to exercise through and finally from Big red to Badayer it was mostly ridge riding and criss crossings.. I believe it was a perfect blend of all the terrains for a fewbie plus drive. Towards our way from Big red to Badayer @imranaasghar81 passenger had some motion sickness and was forced to exit at 2nd December with out making it to our destination. Hope every thing is ok and fine with them.

Thanks to @Ranjan Das and @Russ for the great support. You guys didi a great job in keeping the convoy moving and for the recoveries and assistance. All the refusals and stucks where dealt in minimum time which helped us to reach our destination on time. well done guys and thank you once again.

@Aisha S. thank you for being a wonderful 2nd lead. You managed to reroute when ever needed . Did a great job buddy. keep it up

@Charbel Fantastic buddy. You were all set for the drive and didn't have any issues through out the drive. It was nice to see you moving effortlessly and making the most out of your X.

@Tareck , @munkybizness , The NISSAN beasts ..You guys where amazing and was a treat to watch a Y61 and Y62 attempting all the sideys and climbs. You guys managed the technical areas with out much issues. Good work guys.

@Gilbert Khalil , @Chris Wing and @imranaasghar81.. The FJ boys in the convoy did an amazing job. You guys never had any issues and it was total radio silence from you guys.. It was nice to see you guys enjoying the drive with your off road machines. 

@Amir Amiri. Did a great job buddy and it was nice to see your satisfied smiling face at the end. 

@Thomas Varghese..Thank you for all those great pics and cant expect any thing less than this from the most experienced driver in the convoy. Good work buddy. 

Thanks to the whole team again and see you soon 👍

All agreed. Now tell us where is the next drive and when. We r ready to rock & roll. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I second what everyone else has stated however can't help but echo what @Thomas Varghese said :-) just let us know when and where!

it was light, camera, action from the word go - I particularly liked the fluidity, testimony of the skilful drivers I was privileged to be amongst and loved the radio silence enjoying the nature, terrain, the challenges, and there were plenty and the drive! thanks you @Shaaz Sha for gem of a drive. thanks @Russ for the support and everyone else for bringing their A game yesterday morning. Hope to see you all soon.

Mary Christmas!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use