•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Lisali - Qudra - 24 Jul 2020

Wrangeld

19 minutes ago, Jorge Stepniak Felippe said:

@Wrangeld I also would like to be on the waiting list 

thanks 

Noted. @Jorge Stepniak Felippe

• Like (+1) 1

Good Morning Al Lisali Adventurers

@Janarthan @Shiju Manuel @RohanH @asifk @Lorenzo Candelpergher @marks @Jolly Abraham @Nizam Deen @J J @Yousef Alimadadi (and the reserves, in case anyone drops out @Mehmet Volga and @Jorge Stepniak Felippe)

Thanks for signing up for the Friday morning drive from Al Lisali to Al Qudra. 

For most of you this will be quite new territory, so a few things to prepare for mentally in advance of the drive. 

1. There are tricky technical dunes we need to pass to get into the wide, flowing dunes that allow us to run from Al Lisali: We have a morning drive, so hopefully the sand will be a little less forgiving, but you will need to be on your game straight from the get go. Unlike many drives where we can ease in slowly to the more difficult dunes, we have the most challenging technical bit straight away. 
  2. Technical dunes while not as much fun, are important to improve your drive skills. The better you can control your vehicle through the smaller dunes where angles are all important, the better - because this really helps you to understand where the front and back of your car (and the approach angles etc., ) are. Why? Because once you know this, you can understand if a different approach route makes more sense when you have a longer vehicle to avoid cresting or catching a bumper on the way in or out. 
  3. Once through the technical stuff, the route takes us through some wonderful swooping wide dunes where we will be able to, hopefully, move at speed. Our newest Fewbies on the drive will find this a big difference from Newbie drives, those with a bit more experience and approaching Fewbie+ will enjoy the chance to really attack some of these dunes an start to undersrtand the potential of the vehicle. 
  4. Come with a full tank of gas! The intention, time permitting is to cover a lot of ground - more than we normally cover when in Qudra or Sharjah. It would really be a shame if someone starts to have range anxiety.

Look out for more updates during the week, and as ever, if there are quesitons, please feel free to ask.  If anyone has to drop out for any reason, there are reserves waiting in the wings, eager to replace you.

Convoy roles will be announced later in the week for 2nd Lead and Sweep. We will be joined by Carnity's own Superman @Rahimdad on the drive to keep us all in order. 

Have a great week. 

See you soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Good Evening Al Lisali Adventurers

@Janarthan @Shiju Manuel @RohanH @asifk @Lorenzo Candelpergher @marks @Jolly Abraham @Nizam Deen @J J @Yousef Alimadadi (and the reserves, in case anyone drops out @Mehmet Volga and @Jorge Stepniak Felippe)

The countdown continues and there are two more days until we venture into the sand again. As you are preparing for this adventure please take care during the following days to make sure of the following (yes, this is a bit of a moan, but I think you will all understand why: 

1. You have all the equipment you should have and it's in good working condition. When you were promoted to Fewbie the communication made very clear the equipment you need to have on board. Additionally, PLEASE, please - make sure you have a flag that will stay on/up/erect during the drive. There's little more frustrating for drivers than to hear "My flag has fallen down/off" and everyone needs to stop while you put it back in place; especially when there were no other reasons to stop. 
  2. Engine fluids need to be checked every time before you go out. Sorry to say, but it's clear that some people have not been checking this out before leaving for the drive. I am sure I do not have to remind you, IT'S HOT. That means your car will get hot and all the fluids needed to make it run when it's super hot need to be checked. There's absolutely no problem stopping to let cars cool, but if it driven by your having forgotten to top up the oil or coolant, it's not fair on the other drivers. 
  3. Be on time. We are all waking up at some godforsaken hour to make it to the drive on time. Punctuality has been brilliant recently, which has meant even when the meeting point was not easy to get to we started on time. It's not fair, however, to be the last to arrive and expect everyone to wait for you if they all get there early. And, obviously, the earlier we get moving the better for everyone.
  4. Do expect a little driving on a track before we get into the dunes. A pre warning so you are informed. There is a straight and rather long camel racing training track that runs inside the dunes close to Al Lisali. Because we cannot cross this, we will have to take a track under the electricity pylons for a few kilometers before we get into the dunes. It's important you know this so that you don't think that we went the wrong way or will be driving on tracks the whole drive. 

OK - enough for now. @Rahimdad and myself are looking forward to an excellent drive Friday. 

There will be an additional briefing note once the drive closes at 9am on Thursday morning where the convoy numbering, responsiblities, radio channel and a few more important details will be shared. Until then, enjoy the rest of your week. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Good Evening Al Lisali Adventurers

@Janarthan @Shiju Manuel @RohanH @asifk @Lorenzo Candelpergher @marks @Jolly Abraham @Nizam Deen @J J @Yousef Alimadadi (and the reserves, in case anyone drops out @Mehmet Volga and @Jorge Stepniak Felippe)

The countdown continues and there are two more days until we venture into the sand again. As you are preparing for this adventure please take care during the following days to make sure of the following (yes, this is a bit of a moan, but I think you will all understand why: 

1. You have all the equipment you should have and it's in good working condition. When you were promoted to Fewbie the communication made very clear the equipment you need to have on board. Additionally, PLEASE, please - make sure you have a flag that will stay on/up/erect during the drive. There's little more frustrating for drivers than to hear "My flag has fallen down/off" and everyone needs to stop while you put it back in place; especially when there were no other reasons to stop. 
  2. Engine fluids need to be checked every time before you go out. Sorry to say, but it's clear that some people have not been checking this out before leaving for the drive. I am sure I do not have to remind you, IT'S HOT. That means your car will get hot and all the fluids needed to make it run when it's super hot need to be checked. There's absolutely no problem stopping to let cars cool, but if it driven by your having forgotten to top up the oil or coolant, it's not fair on the other drivers. 
  3. Be on time. We are all waking up at some godforsaken hour to make it to the drive on time. Punctuality has been brilliant recently, which has meant even when the meeting point was not easy to get to we started on time. It's not fair, however, to be the last to arrive and expect everyone to wait for you if they all get there early. And, obviously, the earlier we get moving the better for everyone.
  4. Do expect a little driving on a track before we get into the dunes. A pre warning so you are informed. There is a straight and rather long camel racing training track that runs inside the dunes close to Al Lisali. Because we cannot cross this, we will have to take a track under the electricity pylons for a few kilometers before we get into the dunes. It's important you know this so that you don't think that we went the wrong way or will be driving on tracks the whole drive. 

OK - enough for now. @Rahimdad and myself are looking forward to an excellent drive Friday. 

There will be an additional briefing note once the drive closes at 9am on Thursday morning where the convoy numbering, responsiblities, radio channel and a few more important details will be shared. Until then, enjoy the rest of your week. 

Hi @Wrangeld My compressor was broken in last drive and I have already ordered the new one from ACE. But I fear that it will come by Thursday night or not.

As mentioned in drive details, end point will be Last Exit Al Qudra. After the drive, I can inflate the tires on petrol pump in last exit. I hope it is ok .

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RohanH said:

Hi @Wrangeld My compressor was broken in last drive and I have already ordered the new one from ACE. But I fear that it will come by Thursday night or not.

As mentioned in drive details, end point will be Last Exit Al Qudra. After the drive, I can inflate the tires on petrol pump in last exit. I hope it is ok .

Hi Rohan, 

A broken compressor can happen to anyone. Knowing you do not have one does mean that we potentially lose the felxibility to exit at another point if something happens. However, as we planned to exit at Las Exit, on this occasion it will be OK if the compressor is not at ACE in time. 

If, however, anything happens to change that and we need to exit in another location, you will need to drive with deflated tires from where ever we exit and take the risk that that may be quite a long way from the nearest gas station. 

Please confirm, by adding the totally agree icon, that you are OK with this and understand the risk that we will exit somewhere other than Last Exit. Otherwise, I am afraid we will need to release the space on the drive to one of the drivers on the waitlist. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, J J said:

@Wrangeld Dont  think I ll make it for this drive , yet to get the car. Others in the waiting list can join .

Ok @J J thanks for the update. Will open the spot up to wait list. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Wrangeld Please take me off this drive as I will be joining Qudra morning drive with Frederic, convoy listing there is finalized .

See you for the evening drive.Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Ok. You were first in wait list. No problem. See you in the evening. 

3 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

@Wrangeld Please take me off this drive as I will be joining Qudra morning drive with Frederic, convoy listing there is finalized .

See you for the evening drive.Thanks

@Mehmet Volga as JJ has pulled out and ChaitanyaD has declined you are next on the waitlist so i added you to the drive. 

Please confirm. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use