COVID 19 Compliant - Training Recovery Champions - 04 Sep 2020

Gaurav

3 minutes ago, sertac said:

Guys i have to step out. Someone hit my car yesterday. It is a small damage but i have to give my car to repair. 

Hope the damage is not too serious buddy, take care !

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

19 minutes ago, sertac said:

It is minor damage but its not a good feeling to see the car damaged :(

I know exactly how it feels pal . Every thing is for good , we can drive next Friday together ; this Friday job calls 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

TRAINING RSVP IS CLOSED NOW

Here is the final convoy list

1. Gaurav                                        Pajero
  2. Chaitanya D                                Xterra
  3. J J                                               Jeep Wrangler
  4. Rinelle Sanaani                          Jeep Wrangler
  5. Febin Frederic                            Jeep Wrangler
  6. Matti Brockman                          Jeep Wrangler
  7. Mels Wolf                                      Pajero
  8. Najeeb Mohammed                    FJ Cruiser
  9. Vanessa8580                              Pajero
  10. Foxtrot Oscar / Desert Dweller   Xterra
  11. Kalahari                                      Xterra

@Chaitanya D @J J @Rinelle Sanaani @Febin Frederic @Matti Brockman  @Mels Wolf @Najeeb Mohammed @Vanessa8580 @Foxtrot Oscar @Desert Dweller @Kalahari

Get ready for some fast pace intermediate level fun driving to start the session, as we need few real cars stuck ;-) 

Please be on time, sharp at 5:00 PM, little early is always better.

Please tune to Carnity Channel 1 - 446.006'25 freq.

Deflate your tires to 12 PSI as soon as you reach to the meeting point.

Be inside your car - AT ALL TIMES - after the deflation.

• Like (+1) 8

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks @Gaurav for an exciting first part where we drove fast , crisscrossing,  climbing without much momentum and pushing ourselves.  So many bushes scare me even more now , thinking when the tyres will pop out.

The drive ended with a perfect crest at a shaded area where we had a fantastic brushing up of all that we know and learn more. Really appreciate that you had to speak non stop for quite a long time, teaching us all the off road recovery details.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vDqgDrxJJVv

One question was lingering in my mind , which I forgot to ask yesterday.  Can we recover a car which is crested front to back ( in the center from front end to back while ridge riding) without a tug  and only using a shovel. ?

Some pictures uploaded in the gallery. Special thanks to the kids (Junior @Vanessa8580 & @Frederic with Junior @Matti Brockman)for making noodles or whatever they call in the whole area where we were sitting.( picture in the gallery and video below, 

it looks  beautiful!).  Edited by Chaitanya D
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Gaurav for the session and the first part of the drive !  Lot of things learned and I am sure we will learn more down the way through experience as well . The weather was beautiful too and a perfect spot for the training. Some pics in the gallery !

P.S. Happy Teachers day to all the Carnity Marshals / Experts out here 

Edited by J J
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

36 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Thanks @Gaurav for an exciting first part where we drove fast , crisscrossing,  climbing without much momentum and pushing ourselves.  So many bushes scare me even more now , thinking when the tyres will pop out.

The drive ended with a perfect crest at a shaded area where we had a fantastic brushing up of all that we know and learn more. Really appreciate that you had to speak non stop for quite a long time, teaching us all the off road recovery details.

One question was lingering in my mind , which I forgot to ask yesterday.  Can we recover a car which is crested front to back ( in the center from front end to back while ridge riding) without a tug  and only using a shovel. ?

Some pictures uploaded in the gallery. Special thanks to the kids (Junior @Vanessa8580 & @Frederic with Junior @Matti Brockman)for making noodles or whatever they call in the whole area where we were sitting.( picture in the gallery and video below, 

it looks  beautiful!). 

Hi @Chaitanya D great job , I read your question regarding self recovery on ridge stuck by self recovery with no shoveling , yes it’s possible and I have seen it . But I leave the detailed answer to @Gaurav as I am still learning as we all do 😊

Is the car doing the “ shoveling “ ? Diff lock ?🤔

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use