•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Faqa "The other side" - 9 Jan 2021

Ale Vallecchi

5 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Junaid120120, thanks for signing up for this drive. Yet, as you still have to take your Absolute Newbie Drive with Carnity, I cannot accept you this time. Please sign up for Friday morning Absolute Newbie drive

with @Frederic, so you can receive a proper introduction to our Club, then you'll be able to sign up for Newbie drives from next week. Thanks a lot for the understanding. 

Hello @Thomas Varghese. Welcome to the drive...."On the other side". You are also a GO. See you Saturday. 

@Ale Vallecchi I'm grateful you gave me a chance and I'm in. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Niki Patel said:

@Ale Vallecchi this will now be my first (only) drive of the weekend as I had to cancel my Friday slot and can only ride on a Saturday this week.  Do let me know if I can make this drive.  Thank you

Hi @Niki Patel. Considering this will be your only one drive of the weekend, I'll sign you up for it. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

In preparation for Saturday morning's drive, a quick note on the area we'll visit. As mentioned in the drive's presentation, Faqa is a bit of a challenging area, due to the presence of high dunes, rising into a plateau of cordons, surrounded by two large and long sabkhas, to its east and west. The foothills of this plateau, on both sides, are quite heavily dotted with trees, which benefit from the high aquifer. We'll start on the western side, which is also a bit more populated (locals seem to have set up even a Quads' camp), to cross the plateau, and descend on the other side, where we'll find a set of ling range dunes. From here we'll attempt to navigate some of these dunes, before finding our way, again, on top of the plateau, in its' southern reaches, and finally cross onto the sabkha which will eventually lead to the track to Solar Park. Due to heavy works taking place in the area (for the construction of the new phases of Solar Park) we may have to drive toward another track, which may require crossing a few more low, technical dunes: be ready for possible delays, and perhaps a bit of a longer drive, especially before exiting as close as possible to Solar Park's tarmac roads.

Convoy order will be as follows:

@Joe Biju Joseph will reacquaint himself with our deserts in Second Lead

@Mike Kraher will follow in #3

@Baskaran P.R will be #4

@Salty3Arab at #5

@ZakWarah will take #6

@Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader is going to drive at #7

@Jeepie will provide her guidance and support at Center Forward

@Thomas Varghese will follow at #9

@Tareq Ghosheh with the #10 spot

@Osvaldo Porto is going to be our #11 driver

@Harold Roberts will be #12

@varunmehndiratta at #13

@Dodi Syahdar  will follow at #14, and 

@Niki Patel will Sweep the group into safety.

Please remember to fill up your tanks, have your radios set on Carnity Channel 1 (446.006), carry with you a compressor (recommended if you do not wish to drive more then 20ks to the closest station), and most of all, to enjoy a stunning landscape, in this more secluded part of the Sharjah-Abu Dhabi-Dubai border area

See you all on Saturday morning at 6:30 AM sharp. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

8 minutes ago, Hassan Almousa said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi ,

If by any chance a slot becomes available ,  i would love to join this ride.

Thanks 

Hello @Hassan Almousa. Thanks for asking. I will inform you if it'll be possible. At the moment we have reached the 15 drivers maximum for a Newbie drive. Hope to see you. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tareq Ghosheh said:

@Ale Vallecchi I am afraid I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. I have just left the event giving my slot to someone else on the waiting list 

See you next time 

Thanks for letting me know @Tareq Ghosheh. See you next time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use