•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Highway to the Sun: Murqaab to Solar Park - Dubai - 16 Apr 2021

Ale Vallecchi

On 4/11/2021 at 7:28 PM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts.

As I enjoy finding a theme for all my itineraries, this one has been inspired by one recent Fewbie outing, when we found this perfectly laid track, just smoothed out by some kind of machinery, that allowed us to speed, highway style, from the yellow Murqaab dunes to the white Lisaili cordons, without having to worry about the very difficult technical terrain separating these two great off-roading areas. Combine the presence of this "highway" with the fact that the sun will constantly be at our back, rising in the east to west direction, and Solar Park will be our goal, to understand why we'll be enjoying a "Highway to the Sun" drive.

Despite its romantic, and possibly comforting title, the drive itself will not be a particularly relaxing one, from the point of view of the technical difficulties of the two areas will explore. They both have some tall dunes: Murqaab with smoother and wider ridges, Lisaili with sharper ones. There will be soft sand patches in both. There are a few deep bowls in both, wider in Murqaab, and tighter in Lisaili, where they tend to form "canyons" of successive bowls, to ride as a rollercoaster. We'll proceed with care, working on our skills, mostly focusing on side sloping, and perhaps some rudiments of ridge-riding.

@Pmaraziti, @ARAGON, @Lakshmi Narasimhan, @Russ, @JeromeFJ, @WaYan, @Gregory, @Chris Wing, @Warren Flay, @TT_Dubai, @Ranjan Pattanaik and @Roger K, thanks for joining, and stay tuned for more detailed drive's info coming to you this Thursday. Enjoy your wee.

Hi @Thomas Varghese. You are #1 in the WL. Thanks

@Lucas Neo you are #2 on the WL. Thanks a lot.

I joined another drive same time. You can exclude me from the wait list

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I joined another drive same time. You can exclude me from the wait list

Copy that @Thomas Varghese. Enjoy. 

14 hours ago, Rjducos said:

Hi, can you please put me in the wait list?

Hellp @Rjducos. You are #3 on the WL. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Copy that @Thomas Varghese. Enjoy. 

Hellp @Rjducos. You are #3 on the WL. Thanks

Thank you @Ale Vallecchi

Important Information

Terms of use