•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 23 Apr 2021

Chaitanya D

Dear Friends,

Please note your positions as below

Deflate to 15 psi for regular tires and 12 psi if you have all terrain tires

Please have appropriate COVID behavior on the entire drive strictly, and after the drive in sharing pictures 

We will use Chanel 1 for Radio coms

Mandatory gear for this drive - Shovel, off road flag, deflator, compressor and programmed radio

Extra torch is preferable for your safety in the dark.

image.png.bf686a84882fd05dc3a9dd3f38bd461f.png

Myself, Muhamad Kashif, Alex and Angela - Foxtrot will manage recoveries if any, remaining are requested to be seated inside your cars for the entire drive. Danish Mohammed and Abdul Rahman Kader will be Standby support and will be called if we need more hands at recoveries.

See you all tomorrow

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

12 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Thanks for the great drive @Chaitanya D

B021EBAD-B42A-473F-805E-3C89B8B911D5.jpeg

96775EF4-C0FC-445C-BB1E-431AFA8D4207.jpeg

I liked the pictures a lot and after all these

night drives doesn’t seem so bad with all the light around 😄

Angela I was wondering  how could “fly” in the dark without “red ball “ 😄 but after the nice snaps above it’s no wonder I guess 😅

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @Chaitanya D for the lovely drive, @Danish Mohammad for being at 2nd lead, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ for the support at CF, @Alexander Alcala and @Foxtrot Oscar for ensuring the convoy stays together. Enjoyed everyones company and appreciate the patience everyone in the convoy had displayed during some stucks and pop-outs we had which is always fun and learning at this level. See you all soon in the sand.

• Like (+1) 5

First of all, Thanks to @Chaitanya D for hosting such a fabulous drive. You were an amazing lead as always; slowly bumping up the difficulty of the drive as we drove through the dunes made the drive a lot more fun and thrilling. 

@Danish Mohammad, You were a great 2nd Lead. You were able to reroute perfectly where required, and thanks for being a really active helping hand.

@Ahmed Mostafa It wont be long till you are a master of self-recoveries, especially when being guided by highly experienced Marshalls. You have great control over your car and it will only get better with experience.

@Miguel Codes@Morshedi@Ehab All of you had at least a Stage-1 wrangler, combined with your driving skills, no surprise that you guys managed to handle every challenge so well and kept moving throughout the drive.
@Morshedi You faced slight traction issues but as I told you, It was probably because of higher tire pressure, we run the same tires, I keep mine at 8 Psi at the rear and 9 Psi at the front which allows my Jeep to glide through sand. I suggest keeping your tire pressure at around 10 Psi next time, trust me it will be magical.

@Niekku@Pmaraziti@Ahmad Shaker@JeromeFJ@Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader Fantastic driving at the back, considering you all were able to keep up with the convoy without much hassle.

@Alexander Alcala@Foxtrot Oscar Thanks for sweeping the convoy and keeping everything in order, Great job.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

night drives doesn’t seem so bad with all the light around 😄

Come once you will definitely want to do more

2 hours ago, Pmaraziti said:

I really enjoyed my first night drive and my first climb of Fossil rock! 

@Pmaraziti We climbed pink rock starting from Tawi Nazwa in Al Madam, Sharjah.  Next time be ready for fossil rock 😜 climb at night some time soon

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Many thanks @Chaitanya D for the drive ! For my first night drive, climbing Pink Rock was great :)

Handling the car at night was sometimes frightening 😱, following the recoveries with the explanations of Angela @Foxtrot Oscar was very instructive. Thanks also @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and @Alexander Alcala for the support and guidance. Always there when needed !

20210423_230646.jpg

20210424_031622.jpg

• Like (+1) 5
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Chaitanya D @Alexander Alcala @Foxtrot Oscar

you guys are amazing :)

climbing the rock was fun, check this video with sound on 😁

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ absolutely right, when I changed the tires to 9 Psi, it was much much better, thank you :)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use