COVID 19 compliant -RSVP 20 Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 5 Jun 2021

Good morning Angela @Foxtrot Oscar

Sorry I won't be able to make it for today's drive as I'm not feeling well.

• Sad (0) 6

3 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Good morning Angela @Foxtrot Oscar

Sorry I won't be able to make it for today's drive as I'm not feeling well.

Get well soon @Thomas Varghese

• Like (+1) 4

Good morning fellow adventurers, 

As is always the case, last minute drop outs etc negates the need for two convoys. That said, everyone who is eligible and willing is able to take part today.

We shall use Radio Chanel 1 (One) 

My proposed convoy is as follows:

@Foxtrot Oscar

Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@Arman

Silver Wrangler

IM

2nd Lead

@RooRzOn

Y62

F+

#rd

@Matt.T

White Wrangler

F+

4th

@Xavier Treasurer

Xterra

F+

5th

@Alexander Alcala

Grey Wrangler

Adv

CF

@Ruan van den Heever

Grey Wrangler

F+

7th

@Darren Brooke

Tahoe

F+

8th

@JeromeFJ

FJ

F+

9th

@Lakshmi Narasimhan

Pajero

F+

10th

@Ranjan Das

White Wrangler

F+

11th

@Jack Thomas

F150

IM

12th

@Shehab Alawadhi

F150

IM

13th

@Islam Soliman

Yukon

Expert

14th

Hi  @Werno

this is a Fewbie Plus drive . we have changed the structure, previously you could have joined with 5 Fewbie drives but now you actually need to have Fewbie Plus rank to join. 

sorry about that , hope to drive with you soon 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Good morning fellow adventurers, 

As is always the case, last minute drop outs etc negates the need for two convoys. That said, everyone who is eligible and willing is able to take part today.

We shall use Radio Chanel 1 (One) 

My proposed convoy is as follows:

@Foxtrot Oscar

Xterra

Marshal

Lead

@Arman

Silver Wrangler

IM

2nd Lead

@RooRzOn

Y62

F+

#rd

@Matt.T

White Wrangler

F+

4th

@Xavier Treasurer

Xterra

F+

5th

@Alexander Alcala

Grey Wrangler

Adv

CF

@Ruan van den Heever

Grey Wrangler

F+

7th

@Darren Brooke

Tahoe

F+

8th

@JeromeFJ

FJ

F+

9th

@Lakshmi Narasimhan

Pajero

F+

10th

@Ranjan Das

White Wrangler

F+

11th

@Jack Thomas

F150

IM

12th

@Shehab Alawadhi

F150

IM

13th

@Islam Soliman

Yukon

Expert

14th

Hi  @Werno

this is a Fewbie Plus drive . we have changed the structure, previously you could have joined with 5 Fewbie drives but now you actually need to have Fewbie Plus rank to join. 

sorry about that , hope to drive with you soon 

Sorry for that Angela @Foxtrot Oscar. Yesterday I had 2 IM drives and both were very demanding in terms of endurance and skill. The last one in the night had a fellow driver's car immobilized and I stayed with him till the wee hours in the morning. I simply couldn't abandon a co driver with an immobilized car to fend for himself in the middle of the night and left only after making sure he will be well taken care of. That was more important than having fun today. The terrible heat during the morning drive and the lack of sleep during and after the night drive took a toll on me and I can't concentrate. I'm sure if I tag along for this drive with you I will become a liability as I cannot perform due to the physical toll on me. I have accompanied you in your desert escapades and will do so in the future but today I just can't. I can't hold my head straight. Messaging you when I got up for lunch. Will rest more and come out from this stupor. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Sorry for that Angela @Foxtrot Oscar. Yesterday I had 2 IM drives and both were very demanding in terms of endurance and skill. The last one in the night had a fellow driver's car immobilized and I stayed with him till the wee hours in the morning. I simply couldn't abandon a co driver with an immobilized car to fend for himself in the middle of the night and left only after making sure he will be well taken care of. That was more important than having fun today. The terrible heat during the morning drive and the lack of sleep during and after the night drive took a toll on me and I can't concentrate. I'm sure if I tag along for this drive with you I will become a liability as I cannot perform due to the physical toll on me. I have accompanied you in your desert escapades and will do so in the future but today I just can't. I can't hold my head straight. Messaging you when I got up for lunch. Will rest more and come out from this stupor. 

I fully understand, no one should drive when not feeling fully fit. Hope tp drive with you again soon 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Well @Foxtrot Oscar another really enjoyable drive with some technical, some fun, more learning, and kept me smiling. Thanks to @Alexander Alcalakeeping watch in the middle and @Islam Soliman sweeping up at the rear.  A great bunch of drivers with very few problems meant we spent most of the drive driving and not digging, always a good result. A couple of pop outs but dealt with and rectified remarkable quickly.

All in all a good Saturday afternoon 🙌 thanks.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

To be or not to be - late! was really the question I was grappling with. For the sake of future drives eventually decided against turning my better-half bitter and decided to exit. Hope you guys had fun in part 2 of the drive.

thank you Angela @Foxtrot Oscarfor curating another wonderful drive. Thanks Arman @Arman, Alex @Alexander Alcalaand Islam @Islam Soliman for the support. Thanks  also to the fellow off-roaders for their excellent driving and for keeping the conversation going over the radio which made the drive all the more fun.

see you guys soon

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

What a day!!! Started moving around 2:30 pm and came back 10:30 pm😁😁  thanks to @Foxtrot Oscarand her generous offer to extend the drive and have a small night detour. I truly enjoyed the tons of ridges we covered... suuupper exciting

Special thanks to @Armanwho handled the 2nd lead wonderfully and always kept me and my behemoth in the back of his head giving me precise tips and headUps and never missed

Thank you @Islam Solimanand @Alexander Alcalafor all the support during the long drive today. Much appreciated

Pleasure driving with you all and until next time🤙🤙

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you Angela @Foxtrot Oscar for the yet another wonderful evening drive from you. Free flow of fun, energy and still focused on the drive and keeping the communication going, lots to learn from you!!!  You are truly an🧚🏿‍♀️
Thanks to @Islam Soliman, @Alexander Alcala and @Arman for the tireless wonderful support, really an asset to the convoy and Carnity.

Even though we started little late we were not struck at all and able to catchup with good pace. Every one drove really well. Very few minor refusals all self recovered and with subsequent attempts.

It was pop out issue(2 out of 3) on my count) we had to deal with and was fixed by team rather quickly. Little technical, lovely side slopes, perfect crisscrossing, excellent ridge riding and churned-up sand in the behind, it was mix of all, except for steep climbing. Good learning for all.

After safely exiting few of us on time (due to time constraint), @Foxtrot Oscartook a bunch of guys back into dark for an extended drive. I believe you guys rocked and had fun. What a commitment and love of the sport displayed by all 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Thanks to entire convoy. Looking forward to meeting you all in sand soon. Have a nice week ahead!!!!

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
Edit
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use