•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Area 53: the 1km ascent quest - 26 Jun 2021

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

We are going to have a single convoy tomorrow, all waitlisted are confirmed. I will be posting the convoy order later tonight, so please stay tuned. 

Meeting point is confirmed as per drive post: https://goo.gl/maps/JkhE9hDwve8mkkU99

Drive start time will be at 5am, so be there no later than 4:45am. Please be punctual! 

Convoy order later!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

Please find below the convoy order for our drive:

image.png.4fd93cc2cc5cdf4f4f69c1ce786223fc.png

@Javier Lucero, @Gok Krish, @Mario Cornejo, @Goutam, @Alexander Alcala, @Rizwanm2, @varunmehndiratta, @Ahab Shamaa, @Wrangeld, @Shaaz Sha, @Dodi Syahdar, @Shehab Alawadhi, @Abu Muhammad, @Hisham Masaadthis drive is going to be very demanding from a technical point of view, both mentally for the drivers and mechanically for the cars. It will require your full and undivided concentration at every step, especially when we will reach elevated positions on steep slopes, so make sure you come well rested and hydrated and that and you don’t have any reason for being distracted. Also, please consider carefully if you wish to bring passengers along with you.

We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125Mhz).

The meeting point is confirmed as per original drive post: 
Al Badayer Exit - E44 Dubai - Hatta Road - https://goo.gl/maps/JkhE9hDwve8mkkU99 

See you tomorrow morning, ready to go (i.e. already caffeinated, deflated, flagged and briefed) by no later 5:00am (sharp), so make sure you make it to the meeting point at least by 4:45am. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Lorenzo Candelpergher now I know why it’s called area 53 😄 and definitely this it was a drive that I missed . But this is life you miss one occasion only for the better one to come … so I am kindly asking you when are you planning of the next 2000 meter climb ?😊 even if I take a leave don’t wanna miss that dopamine / adrenaline action climb 🤣 

cheers my friend 👍

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3

Thank you lorenzo for fun and adrenaline filled drive... Of couese it was one of a kind drive...    Hope you will do a take 2 for our dear friends who missed the opportunity 😊😊

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Amazing drive @Lorenzo Candelpergher, without a doubt everyone had fun and an adrenaline fix that am sure will last all week.  I had an amazing time and learnings from those refusals and the spectacular crest 😅.

According to my tracking we effectively went beyond the 1000m objective, I can see this a theme for drives aiming for distance as well as climb.  Thanks again!

Thank you for hosting the drive and thanks to the support team, @Alexander Alcala and @Hisham Masaad, as well as the seniors making sure the convoy continued moving.  Everyone it was a pleasure driving with you all.

I left a few pictures in the gallery.

Have a great week ahead!

_85D1173.jpg

• Like (+1) 8

3 hours ago, Lorenzo Candelpergher said:

Great job by @Rizwanm2 (more and more brave), @varunmehndiratta (I think you could do even better if you deflated more), @Ahab Shamaa

Wow what an observation ...today was driving at 13/14 psi for most part of the drive, around 2-3 points higher than my usual. After first hour had a drastic drop in pressure on one of the tyres (perhaps a bit lose valve or something don't know), after inflating kept it at 14psi as was concerned that it may drop again... It stayed however meant was driving at higher than usual. And since one was high, didn't deflate others when they went up in course of drive....

• Like (+1) 4

Thanks @Lorenzo Candelpergher for this awesome drive ..been to Area 53 a few times (at least thought so), it's today that i realized the real fun of it... The whole drive was a medley of adrenaline pumping "Highway to the danger zone" while ascents and beautiful and calm "Take my breath away" while descent. 

The speed, the elegance and energy with which the convoy went through this beautiful terrain full of awesome bowls, high dunes and tall ridges made it undoubtedly one of the best drives i have been on...Iftar bowl literally felt like a baby dune today @Ahab Shamaa what steroids do you feed into your FJ, the roar of your engine following my vehicle really added to fun... sincerely curious is it the muffler effect or have you boosted/tuned the power? 

Thanks to @Hisham Masaad @Shaz Shah @Alexander Alcala for holding this long convoy togather was surely a challenging task...with no visibility of what's happening on other end of dune..👍 thanks @Ahab Shamaa for continous feedback and much valued advices through the drive. Really appreciate. 

Hope to see you all soon for another action filled drive..

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

...and here is the video I took and it is a bit long, but again, was a great drive.  At 13'20" I got crested, lesson learnt for most of the drive: stay on ridge, control throttle 😎

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 8

Important Information

Terms of use