•  

All Day Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Cross Border Caravan - Dubai to Al Ain - 6 Nov 2021

Ale Vallecchi

1 hour ago, Mus_hus78 said:

Kindly WL me for this drive 🙃late 

I thought it’s on Friday 5th  that’s why I was like shall I join or not but when I saw the date it has already reached its RSVP Limit….. let’s hope @Ale Vallecchiwill add me 😎finger crossed 🤞 

@Mus_hus78 I believe there is one spot remains, you may be able to add yourself.

1 hour ago, Mus_hus78 said:

Kindly WL me for this drive 🙃late 

I thought it’s on Friday 5th  that’s why I was like shall I join or not but when I saw the date it has already reached its RSVP Limit….. let’s hope @Ale Vallecchiwill add me 😎finger crossed 🤞 

Dear @Mus_hus78, you can sign in yourself as there are still 2 places available. Thanks a lot

3 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Mus_hus78, you can sign in yourself as there are still 2 places available. Thanks a lot

Thanks I just signed in …. It was 10 at the beginning when I checked that’s why I requested for WL . Thanks anyways 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:11 AM, Looper said:

I am in waiting list...

Hi @Looper. You are #1 in the WL. Thanks

16 hours ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi is it possible to join only the morning session? Can't really spare the afternoon as there is other unavoidable arrangement

Hi @Zixuan Huang - Charlie. I will place you in the Waiting List at #2 after Looper. If something opens up I'll advise. Perhaps if you manage to get a spot, I can see if there's any other member who may want to take you place for the afternoon segment of the drive. Thanks

• Thanks (+1) 2

Hello @Gilbert Khalil. I saw that you probably signed your name into the drive in the Manage tab. That's reserved to Carnity Support/Advisor team ranked members and above. I've removed your name from the tab, and have placed you in the drive's Waiting List at #3, hoping that something will open up. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation. Hope to see you.

27 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Looper. You are #1 in the WL. Thanks

@Ale Vallecchi that was yesterday morning before the schedule was published, I was pre-emptively trying to not miss the drive just in case I wouldn't able to signup to the drive as I had few meetings  that time. Luckily I was able to signup to the drive at #4. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

13 minutes ago, Looper said:

@Ale Vallecchi that was yesterday morning before the schedule was published, I was pre-emptively trying to not miss the drive just in case I wouldn't able to signup to the drive as I had few meetings  that time. Luckily I was able to signup to the drive at #4. 

Thanks @looper for the clarification. This means that @Zixuan Huang - Charlie is #1 in the WL, and @Gilbert Khalil is #2. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Ale Vallecchi just a thought if viable and okay for all - how about starting from Al Ain and ending in Qudra instead of Qudra as starting point.... With quite a lot joining from Dubai drive back home would be easier after a long beautiful day. The fun in any case lies more south of Qudra - this way also we will be able to cover more interesting part. 

Again just a suggestion if works for all. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, varunmehndiratta said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi just a thought if viable and okay for all - how about starting from Al Ain and ending in Qudra instead of Qudra as starting point.... With quite a lot joining from Dubai drive back home would be easier after a long beautiful day. The fun in any case lies more south of Qudra - this way also we will be able to cover more interesting part. 

Again just a suggestion if works for all. 

Hi @varunmehndiratta.  Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it. I had considered it, but the only problem with that is we would be always driving across the slip faces, making the drive more difficult and tricky in the long run. We will still plan to exit early enough to reach home well in time for dinner. 🍀

The Dubaians would still have a longer sleep and later wake up, anyways 😉 so total time spent driving to and from will be the same.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts.

The planning of Saturday's All Day trip is proceeding. At the moment, the following are the more important points to share with you, in preparation for the drive.

MEETING, DEFLATION AND STARTING POINT

It will be in Qudra. My idea is to meet on the sabkha adjacent to the big farm, accessible from the first roundabout on the road from Qudra's Last Exit to Bab al Shams. That farm is private property, and we cannot meet at the very beginning of the road that leads to it from the roundabout. I am deciding where exactly we should meet to avoid any annoyance from the security staff there. Instructions will follow soon.

ITINERARY

We will move from Qudra in the direction of Ghantoot, then around the military area to Little Sweihan, and from there to Faqa. We'll have a break in Faqa's dunes, before directing ourselves toward Al Jabib, and beyond to Al Hayar, in Al Ain province. I have not chosen to drive in Lisaili's direction to enjoy the more open, less driven, areas south of the Solar Park general area. This may end up being the longer itinerary, but it will also be less technical, and will allow a more "fluid" driving style. 

FOOD AND DRINKS

We will have a picnic in a suitable, shaded location, among the dunes and a small forest of Ghaf trees. So make sure you bring your food of choice, enough drinks and any kind of refreshment you feel. Also, it would be best to bring something to sit on (chairs and/or mats). Wear hats, and sunglasses. We should take a break of up to 2 hours, depending on how the drive is proceeding, and the time of arrival at the planned picnic destination.

FUEL REQUIREMENTS

I am planning to cover approximately 100Km during the first segment to Faqa, and another 60Km in the second segment to Al Hayer. My car, an older model FJ, is equipped with a tank that drives for 200 Km of off-roading. Therefore I am counting on the initial full tank to last to the end of the drive. Each driver should check the maximum capacity of their tank, its consumption average off-roading, and make the necessary calculation, to decide if an extra jerry can should be necessary. An alternative possible solution would be to use 1 hour during the break (making it much less useful as a break) to reach Faqa and refill. i would prefer not to do this, as we'll have to prolong the drive excessively, reduce the relaxation time, and drive the second segment in less than ideal physical and mental conditions. It will imperative to refill at Qudra's ADNOC station before meeting, so that all tanks are full to the brim.

That's all folks. Final info and convoy order will be issued on Friday by 5PM.

@munkybizness, @PaoloMaraziti, @varunmehndiratta, @Looper, @Zed, @Mario Cornejo, @Anoop Nair, @Mus_hus78, @Hasan Wahlan, @GauravSoni and @Jeepie, see you all Saturday.

IMG_20211102_164348-01.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use