COVID 19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 21 Aug 2020

Gaurav

Hi all

today I came along with my family to this nice drive , for them it was enjoyable and they liked it . Mostly impressed by the safety and patience , so do I from first time . Thank you @Gaurav for the valuable instructions that I respect . Also thank you @sertac for back pull when I got Encrusted ( was slower this time 🤚) as well as thank you to @Rahimdad for the continuous update and care all along . Thank you all fine people and see you soon in another Sand Epic And yet safe and healthy.

below is edited clip I hope you enjoy it 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Hello everyone. I would like to thank @Gaurav bhai for letting me support this wonderful drive today. @Mohamed Seidam it was wonderful to see you and your son enjoying the drive. Thank you for the beautiful video I really love the way you have captured the amazing moments today. We are all out there to learn and enjoy, good to see you're willing to learn and appreciate the safety precautions we have in place.

@sheri lovely to meet you. It's so wonderful to come out and meet so many wonderful people out there. Great to see you enjoying learning the art of driving in the sand. Your enthusiasm will see you doing better on every drive and growing in confidencein yourself and your vehicle.

@Dagdag Sofiane pleasure to see you drive. As long as you stay calm and listen to the instructions of the seniors you will learn quicker. Looking forward to enjoying many more drives with you.

@Ashok chaturvedi yet another Pajero. So confusing. But a pleasure to have a short chat with you. Learning is a 2 way process, feel free to ask the seniors whatever you don't understand, we are more than happy to share our experiences and best practices.

@Tamas Hoffmann Pajero also. But your drive style you pick up will separate you from the pack. Nice to see you do so well. Looking forward to your feedback and questions to help you grow in this sport.

@sertac great to see your wife and mother support you with a smile in the sport you've learned to appreciate and love. Always a pleasure driving with you and your support is highly appreciated.

@Lisa Pemberton what a pleasure to finally meet you. Really love the control with which you negotiate the dunes. I understand that it is hot nowadays, but a great time to join as by the time winter comes you'll be prepared to take on more challenging times. Since you're learning driving in soft sand, it will be easier for you when weather gets cooler with forgiving sands.

@Ajiesh George Kannankara Y62 rules. Today my T-shirt matched the back end of your car. The Superman sticker did give extra 10hp to come put of difficult situations. Lovely to see how you drive around the tank in the desert.

@Ashy mixed feelings when I see a Jeep in the desert which is not a Wrangler. I had one, I enjoyed it, I suffered due to it. Strange how Jeeps sell these desert capable vehicles and cramp all technology I. It to make it comfortable for road and take away the element required for off-roading. My highest regards to handle the JGC so well. Maybe @Brette can help you regarding most of your vehicle questions as he too is a JGC owner.

@Francois Germishuys sorry for getting the pronunciation of your name incorrectly. You were a great sport and lovely to see your V8 roar through the desert. The F150 is one of my favourite trucks around, specially with the V8. I was impressed with the way you recovered towards the end of that huge stuck. Well managed, would only advise you to be aware of your surroundings as we are there to help and would like to avoid any injuries.

@Hennie Schoeman having a LWB Wrangler is one thing, bit the ease finesse with which you handled your ride was a treat to watch. Like I said being on the South African trails might mean you have to still learning driving in the sands, but you have an excellent off-roading ettiquettes and I loved your humble attitude. Surely looking to learn from you and grow with you in this amazing sport.

@Mukundan Nair your Xterra looks brilliant. But more awesome is your willingness to learn and grow within this sport. Sorry to hear that you received a call from the CID instead of you giving them a call, hope that is sorted out soon.

For me it's more about the people on the drive as I must have done a few thousand drives already. Loved the people on the drive with love for the sport and willingness to learn. Thank you once again @Gaurav bhai for ordering the cloud cover this morning which kept the drive comfortable for most parts of this morning. I have shared my pics in the Gallery. Enjoy.

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/280-newbie-fossil-rock-sharjah-21-aug-2020

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This drive should have been called "The March of the Pajeros"! 

This was the first drive where I had zero refusals, I'm going to put that down to a combination of a sprinkling of good luck and a couple of other factors; driving in tiptronic and having more confidence in my vehicle and ability so paying closer attention to how the vehicles ahead of me manage and negotiate tricky areas.

This was my second drive using the play areas and the first time trying the sideys in tiptronic. I'm still learning where to up and downshift to maximise my speed and momentum so I don't have to turn down so soon. As @Gaurav noted I need to even out those arcs. @Rahimdad your feedback was very much appreciated on my attempts too. Next drive I'm going to get someone to film me so I can get a better visual on where to adjust and relate this to what I'm experiencing. My buddy suggested I film my steering wheel too using a chest cam. 

I was delighted to see a truck @Francois Germishuys in our convoy. I have been really curious to see how they handle the desert drives.

Excited to keep learning and eventually become skilled enough to join some of those longer camping drives out in Liwa in the winter.

I've shared a few photos in the gallery. Thanks for sharing the video @Mohamed Seidam, nicely done!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Rahimdad& @GauravOnce again thank you so much for supporting the drive and the location for me was an excellent choice. Wish to do more drives through the fossils..Adding some pictures of yesterday drive 

F8A4EE49-DE88-475B-B617-6792F156F0F1.jpeg

77945E69-EEB7-4149-894A-8F02F76F0467.jpeg

5BB3C06E-EF8A-4D05-A463-7E8933325A34.jpeg

08721C2B-82CD-4011-BB89-E27D6439D415.jpeg

1508CDD8-B9E6-4B2E-80B0-7F5DDA3DB675.jpeg

E3B796E7-B86B-464A-AB9A-C1EF714BBD24.jpeg

6FDCC746-6317-45F8-B403-DC69B04DF6B1.jpeg

04309A5E-4058-4AA0-9492-68F36E373A84.jpeg

68774BAD-B063-44AB-A628-D6A81C64E198.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information