COVID 19 compliant - Fewbie Morning Desert drive -Big Red - 5 Feb 2021

sertac

29 minutes ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Thank you Bro!!!! Can't wait for next week!!! 

@Thomas VargheseVarghese your the man!!!! I'm glad you liked it I feel like i just got a 1st class degree after you said that hahahah! Thank you!

To dream and talk about it anybody can do. To dream and implement it only few people with determination and will can do. Thank God you didn't listen to my advice about it and made it. Same is with everything else we do. You believed in your idea and believed in yourself and made it happen. A big Cheers. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

4 hours ago, Mehmet Volga said:

One of the best drives I ever made! incredible drivers, no stuck, no rope, and no any weak ring in the convoy chain! everyone was perfect to track @Luca Palanca Falsini's challenging but wonderful routes. I'll keep everyone's name in my mind!

Thanks to @sertac and @Luca Palanca Falsini offering us this amazing experience, @Thomas Varghese perfectly dealing with sweeping!  

My special notes;

wranglers @Arman @N@ved you were so boring! Have more refusals next time :D still wondering who is cleaning sand from your cars after these drives

pajeros @sri ganesh @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Danish Mohammad you all proved that you exactly know capacity of your cars and able to keep them on optimum balance. next time better not to line up pajero after pajero because we are getting confused and lost in the track! @Rizwan Waheed was the first pajero I've seen reaching up that height on faya (just after me ;))! congrats buddy!

@Bernd Stucke do not know where he found that ugly truck but it was good looking while churning the sand at least! drive it on the sand then :D 

@imranaasghar81 hidden support of each drive! if you have him in the convoy, means you have one additional CF/sweep ready to help whenever needed. it was good watching you on my mirror, perfectly surfing on the ridges!

...and @Thomas Varghese continuous updates, supports and advices from the back... not an easy thing for a fewbie especially in high-tempo drives, like we did yesterday. well done!

See you on next drive guys!

@Mehmet Volga I know we were extremely boring but that blame has to be to our mentors, marshals, crew and seniors (you included). You guys need to train us how to get stuck not get out 😆.

love the Carnity family for this precise reasons safety, learning, sharing and fun (both on the drives and forums).

looking forward for more fun filled weekends.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @sertac @Luca Palanca Falsini @Mehmet Volga @Thomas Varghese for your full support to make this ride safe and enjoyable. It was really great fun to drive on such a height.

Also thanks to entire convoy for support & helping during my refusals... (Excellent team work)

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Danish Mohammad just imagine one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding the walkie talkie. Moreover as I was alone I had to speak to someone so I felt the best way is to keep talking to the Marshal. All the time he kept thanking me which encouraged me more as it was suiting my boredom. Well if I'm the sweep in future drives u can hear All well at the tail - Convoy is moving.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

On 2/6/2021 at 12:01 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

I actually didn't want to do the climb as I was apprehensive if he can really make it up and there were 3 bouncers on the way up. I could see the other cars bouncing off those nasty bumps on the way up. 

Then the car spoke to me in my mind. He asked me why are you even driving me if you don't know what I can do. Be brave, you just unleash me and I will show you what I can do. The words of @Rahimdad rang in my mind - He once told me you don't realize the power of your car unless you unleash it. Well both of them made me do what I thought was impossible.  I decided to give in and make the car happy. Ohhhh how happy he was. You all can see how he is galloping from the bottom to the top. See his reactions on the bouncers. Just rammed through them as if he was taking a stroll in the park. The Xterra only had the stock Bilstein shock absorbers to absorb the bouncers and they did well. Once past the bouncers he just raced up like a bullet. Nearing the top I was little afraid that he may even try to fly into the horizon with so much excitement so I had to slow him down and bring him back to his senses. He was not very happy but obeyed my command to come back to the base and join others. 

Same thing he repeated again at the big Al Faya dune. I didn't know he was racing up because his friend @Rahimdad was waiting up with his newbies. In fact I didn't want him to get spoiled by  mingling with others. I asked him to come down and he obeyed dutifully and joined back the convoy at the base. Only when @Rahimdad came down the dunes with his convoy I understood why he was keeping on climbing up and up. He just wanted to say hello to his friend. Sorry @Rahimdad next time he will come to you. 

Don’t underestimate the power of your X , ohh boy it is powerful indeed till now believe it or not I am still discovering things in it and yes this vehicle is made to be driven in such environment especially in climbing. BUT  always remember buddy it’s   Finally the driver who is unleashing and controlling the power of this lovely beast . Well done 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

22 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Danish Mohammad just imagine one hand on the steering wheel and the other holding the walkie talkie. Moreover as I was alone I had to speak to someone so I felt the best way is to keep talking to the Marshal. All the time he kept thanking me which encouraged me more as it was suiting my boredom. Well if I'm the sweep in future drives u can hear All well at the tail - Convoy is moving.

😄 I remember how did I feel about it when I swept for the first time it was also first time Richard  leading a newbie convoy and Gaurav was in the center forward and I was in the sweep . I said “Being in the Sweep position it felt like a Goalkeeper who should keep an eye not only on the ball "( convoy )'direction, but more to predict how and where goes to the best he can as our yard is not flat and to give relevant feedback to the captain and other players in the game. Yet and when appropriate even can pass through when needed and safe.” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Don’t underestimate the power of your X , ohh boy it is powerful indeed till now believe it or not I am still discovering things in it and yes this vehicle is made to be driven in such environment especially in climbing. BUT  always remember buddy it’s   Finally the driver who is unleashing and controlling the power of this lovely beast . Well done 👍

Its a beast. Nimble and fast. That's why I compared the X to a galloping stallion. And maintenance is affordable. Parts are available new or used. Its neatly balanced also. In fact you will not feel terror when you ridge ride and cross over. The width of the car is good to stay on the ridge. I just started to love the X after the desert drives. Diff lockers are not there in my model but this is only a hobby for me. Buying a 2nd hand X is not expensive.  

• Like (+1) 3

On 2/6/2021 at 2:07 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

To dream and talk about it anybody can do. To dream and implement it only few people with determination and will can do

Those are the dreams of individuals who made it step by step with hard work and defined and refined work to come to reality and more than that learned afterwords how to keep it sustain it and develop it to higher and better levels because the “ dreams of the determined ppl has no plateau “

• Totally Agree (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use