•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Tuesday Evening Fewbie Drive - EXPLORATION Lahbab to Mahafiz - Sharjah - 16 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

32 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

I see a Legend here 😉

It is @Ale Vallecchi on his La Santa Maria exploring the desert 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2

The Best part of a drive is when you have a cheerful Sweep enjoying the drive just behind You 🤗 it become easy going and NO stressssss thanks @Desert Dweller 

Many thanks @Ale Vallecchi for the great drive and great time, thanks @Islam Soliman for looking after the group and many many thanks @Desert Dweller for the hints and for not stressing me at all in several occasions specially when i was a bit slowing down to reposition my F150 once more thanks for all the convoy it was on the best drives.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

50 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Always shovel first. And out she came!

Sure Sir  , what I meant came out with shovel or rope was necessary ?

1 hour ago, Melenany said:

Here you go some photos and the GPS video file 

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.24 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.24 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.24.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.25 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.25 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.25 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.25 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.25 (5).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.26 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-17 at 10.23.26.jpeg

I like all these photos but most I love the yellow , unfortunately it doesn’t suit all cars like mine , for wrangle and FJC it’s fantastic 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3

New route in the making: Mission Accomplished - Lahbab to Nazwa,via Mahafiz, Exploration Drive Report

Great drive yesterday afternoon, with the goal to establish a new track to add to the Carnity menu, and in the presence of a whole convoy, instead of the usual Advisors' only recce.

With the meeting and deflation point established just off S149, at the outskirts of Lahbab, the drive aimed to reach Mahafiz, through a wonderful set of very long range dunes, and to continue toward the outskirts of Nazwa, through a mixed terrain, of long range dunes, but mostly technical areas. The area is mostly driven by local farmers (never seen so many goats, and a few camels), who leave most of the dunes untouched. This is a ridge riding paradise, even though the crests of the very long and open dunes tend to be not very sharp, almost smooth at times. The vegetation, mostly small trees and shrubs, represents the only obstacle to look out for, forcing at time an early exit from the ridges. The terrain starts to change once reached Mahafiz, on the way back to Nazwa, offering first a small set of nice clean dunes to criss-cross, just next to a couple of sabkhas, and then leaving room to a much more technical area of tighter dunes, very rich with vegetation (this time mostly low grass and bushes). 

The drive proved to be good for Fewbies, with the possibility of escalating it to Fewbie Plus (increasing the ridge riding, and criss-crossing), and will soon be posted, at least part of it, probably in conjunction with a just explored Al Aweer to Lahbab segment (also with plenty of ridge riding opportunities).

Thanks a lot to @GauravSoni for his well executed Second Lead, to @Islam Soliman for his usual coolness at Center Forward, and to @Desert Dweller, for coming back to the sand after a while, and sweeping the convoy to safety, with great ease and comfort.

Well done @kolinrrj, debuting at Fewbie with a very good drive, @Ken Hüüdma for managing his Patrol with extreme control, @Thomas Varghese for your enthusiastic participation and photo reportage, @Junaid120120, @Hisham Masaad and @Ashok chaturvedi for proudly carrying the flag of the FJ's contingent, and to @Melenany for showing all how an F150 can maneuver impeccably even in tight spots.

I am looking forward to seeing you soon in the sand. Enjoy the rest of the week.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 3/17/2021 at 10:58 AM, Melenany said:

The Best part of a drive is when you have a cheerful Sweep enjoying the drive just behind You 🤗 it become easy going and NO stressssss thanks @Desert Dweller 

Many thanks @Ale Vallecchi for the great drive and great time, thanks @Islam Soliman for looking after the group and many many thanks @Desert Dweller for the hints and for not stressing me at all in several occasions specially when i was a bit slowing down to reposition my F150 once more thanks for all the convoy it was on the best drives.

Thank you pal! I didn't think anyone could see me dancing there 😅 

It was very nice to be in the desert again. I was really impressed with your skills managing that beast of a car! I could see how well you were approaching the dunes according to your car's needs. And please, by all mean, I wasn't in a rush hehe and I'm glad you felt relaxed and took the time you needed as your car needs a different angle of approach. I was enjoying the exploration and watching everyone from the back of the convoy.

This video is my little contribution:

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Desert Dweller said:

That's me! 

Thank you for the pictures.

👍👍

Edited by Thomas Varghese

@Thomas Varghese @Melenany please can you email or whataspp my pics in the Yellow FJ. My email is [email protected] and mobile 0506442921. 

Also thanks @Ale Vallecchi for choosing the new route safari.. for a change from seeing Gazelles and Camels we saw mostly Goats as free range wanderer. Also some sort of yellow squash/lemon fruits from shrubs wonder what they were. Surpringly we hardly had any stucks very few refusals in the early part of drive but later there were few mostly on ridges. @Gaurav There seem to some sort of phenomena (my view) in most drives that stucks and refusals happen mainly when driver reach the end of drive.. is it possible complacent or driver gets tired or in hurry to exit. 

Final comment Lower level drives I mean below IM have the same fun and thrills and are very good practice oppertunity to be 2nd lead, CF and sweep and must be given to all IM who participate in such drives. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use