Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz to Faya - Sharjah - 11 Dec 2021

Hisham Masaad

36 minutes ago, Hisham Masaad said:

Dear @siddharth maheshwari one drop out, allowing you to join. Are you available?

Dear @Hisham Masaad thank you for the message. However, i got some other engagement with family and wont be able to join the drive. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Hisham Masaad great drive today really enjoyed the climbs especially the snaking climb we did towards the end. This was a challenging drive and eveyone without exception drove Exceptionally well which made the whole experience very enjoyable thanks to @KAMALIO @Naim Aoun @Mohamad Anwer @Vaibhav @Reggie Landicho @Davie Chase @Mario Cornejo @Ahmad Shaker @Trekado @Fabien Monleau

@Stav @Simon Claes @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil 

the support team were also assume as usual 

thanks again for a great drive 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

3 minutes ago, Davie Chase said:

@Hisham Masaad great drive today really enjoyed the climbs especially the snaking climb we did towards the end. This was a challenging drive and eveyone without exception drove Exceptionally well which made the whole experience very enjoyable thanks to @KAMALIO @Naim Aoun @Mohamad Anwer @Vaibhav @Reggie Landicho @Davie Chase @Mario Cornejo @Ahmad Shaker @Trekado @Fabien Monleau

@Stav @Simon Claes @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil 

the support team were also assume as usual 

thanks again for a great drive 

I agree with @Davie Chase, thank you @Hisham Masaad for another amazing day.

What a display of amazing 4x4 Wranglers & Toyotas today,  especially the unique LC75 and the Nissan Vitec!!! 😀 

Looking forward to meeting on the desert again soon. 

Best regards,

Mohamad

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks @Hisham MasaadforMasaadfor the great drive today and the great time. 

It was a very nice view from the bottom guys 😂

PicsArt_21-12-11_23-40-40-105.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Wonderful drive. Thanks everyone for signing up and attending. All arrived, and started moving by 2:15 pm. Went through Mahafiz dunes and bowls. Started with small dunes and bowls, warming up, till we reached the bigger bowls. All were performing perfectly well. Nothing to mention, minor refusals, where self recovery was done immediately. After that reached the dirt track, heading to Faya. Climbing dunes of Faya was again easy for every one, with minor issues, again no tugs no shovels. Self recoveries and moving till we reached the top of Faya. Stopped for sometime enjoying the weather and views. Unfortunately, @Ahmad Shaker was not able to enjoy the first stop, while climbing, was little fast, and had to continue going down. We then reached the top again from the back side, and again all managed to reach the top easily.

Thank you @Fabien Monleau for being second lead. Great support by @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and @Mario Cornejo.

@Simon Claes amazing on your first FB drive, managed the crest quickly, and good fighting exiting the soft patch.

Good to meet you for the first time @Ahmad Shaker @Trekado and @Stav, amazing controlling cars, despite issue with the FJ, hope will be fixed soon

Glad to meet you again @Vaibhav @Davie Chase @Mohamad Anwer @Naim Aoun @KAMALIO

Look forward to meet again, nice week ahead.

Posted some photos on the gallery.

Edited by Hisham Masaad
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Very nice drive indeed.

Very well lead by @Hisham Masaad and driven by everyone, following safety rules and discipline. The convoy really did well, especially climbing Faya from the back and it looked cool... looked like a Mad Max scene at some point :)

Have a lovely week everyone and see you soon !

• Like (+1) 3

@Hisham Masaad thank you for having us all in your drive and leading us throughout the route at a good pace and perfect timing, so perfect we reached top of Al Faya a the right moment of sunset.  It had been a while since the last visit to Mahafiz and Al Faya area, its scenery never fails to impress, I've posted a few pictures in the gallery.

From the "tail of the convoy" I can comment it was a fluid drive, in spite of the churned soft sand, everyone did an amazing job in  maintaining great lines, controlling their vehicles and most of all, observing safety.

The bowls provided the perfect theatre to test drivers' skills and their cars, I am sure everybody had fun.  The last part of the drive, climbing to Al Faya was indeed a challenge which was later rewarded by the vistas at the top of Faya. 

It was a pleasure driving with all of you and hope to see you soon in the sand.

Have a great week ahead.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

7 hours ago, Mario Cornejo said:

@Hisham Masaad thank you for having us all in your drive and leading us throughout the route at a good pace and perfect timing, so perfect we reached top of Al Faya a the right moment of sunset.  It had been a while since the last visit to Mahafiz and Al Faya area, its scenery never fails to impress, I've posted a few pictures in the gallery.

From the "tail of the convoy" I can comment it was a fluid drive, in spite of the churned soft sand, everyone did an amazing job in  maintaining great lines, controlling their vehicles and most of all, observing safety.

The bowls provided the perfect theatre to test drivers' skills and their cars, I am sure everybody had fun.  The last part of the drive, climbing to Al Faya was indeed a challenge which was later rewarded by the vistas at the top of Faya. 

It was a pleasure driving with all of you and hope to see you soon in the sand.

Have a great week ahead.

Where is the gallery? 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use