Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Qudra - Dubai - 29 Dec 2021

M.Seidam

Drive Report

Dear Friends 

@Rsjiv Samuel, @ShereenMK, @MMansoor, @Josh T., @Charbel, @siddharth maheshwari, @Javier Lucero @Sunil Mathew @Russ @Pacific 

What a blast that was ! literally every one of you was super amazing today.

the entrance to the meeting point was tricky that we almost all missed it and had to return to the new early entry 

image.jpeg.3e897f1ec0b28bf27be3df18e9ddbde9.jpeg

Despite that all arrived one after the other and in no time , even @Javier Luceroand @Pacific Arrived already flagged up and deflated as they entered a point earlier , we reminded our selves of the golden rules of desert in an open air brief after which we moved at around 15:50 

Unfortunately @Josh T. had to exit after few kilometres due to persistent tire issue following the rule of better safe than sorry. it was a pleasure meeting you . After Wishing him happy new year we moved again and we vanished in between the dunes.

Long loops in spaghetti fashion riding the ridges in between crest breaking and criss crossing and side sloping . What a pleasure to see the whole convoy over moving while I am retuning to the next point. Sections of technicality entailed slower pace and gentle gas and control . till we crossed the cycle track zigzagging some magnificent rock formations and to the pylon track to loop back and re entered the desert from the eastern point of Bab shams heading back north in the dark now. For some it was their first night drive portion and I have to say I was impressed by the convoy response which was willing , enthusiastic and vigilant in the same time.

It was a no rope drive and the only stuck which flavoured the afternoon was my own one in the technical section when I crossed up/down in a tight double ending my front on a bush. With the help of little shovelling from our friends the Xterra  was back on action 😊

@Rsjiv Samuel your second lead was superb responding quickly and in a time even it’s done before I finish my suggestion in precise way . Well done .

@ShereenMK nice meeting you pal I believe you managed your LC in this drive nicely . Keep it up 

@MMansoor second time we drove . You did well I believe and you managed  your Y62 smoothly.

@Charbel @siddharth maheshwari @Javier Lucero  and @Sunil Mathewhearing you seldom on radio says it all 

special thanks to @Russ for being in this drive and your presence in the middle was super support in itself . Love your approach and handling any situation faced . 🙏

thank you @Pacific for the excellent communication and keeping us informed always from the sweep position 🙏

Once again thank you all for sharing the passion and wish you all a happy new year 🥳 

cheers 

P.S : some pictures and stat of the trip in gallery and relive below 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

Important Information

Terms of use