COVID 19 compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Big Red to Pink Rock - Sharjah - 14 Aug 2020

Wrangeld

27 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Hi @Wrangeld unfortunately something came up last minute and I’ll be unable to join tomorrow, please give my place away, hope to meet you soon. 

@Mukundan Nair you are #1 in the wait list. You can take the convoy position of @Edgar . Please Mukundan confirm you have seen this message and confirm your attendance. 

@Edgar thanks for the update

• Like (+1) 2

Hot summer , soft sand and superchurn by lot of cars made our morning drive quite an experience. 

Fantastic lead by @Wrangeld and sweep by @Brette. I could crawl out myself from that superchurned bowl, thanks to all those who waited patiently untill I wriggled out.

Some stats below and pictures in gallery.  Have a nice weekend 

SmartSelect_20200814-110426_MyTrails.jpg.21f5c95ad93ad70f534fd17706d7b7a2.jpg

Mapped video link 

https://www.relive.cc/view/vXOnMMLYG5v

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

5 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Behind him noone really struggled, but just about everyone had their moments. @Yousef Alimadadi, either get the chips remapped or use a bit more gas. Your car is anything but underpowered. I see the improvements every week in your driving, so keep it up. 

I would say start with a basic tuneup of spark plugs, air filter, ignition coil and some good tyres where you can go lower on the PSI(I am not aware of your current brand of tyres) . Pajero 3.5 is a reasonably powerful vehicle without any modifications. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

15 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

I would say start with a basic tuneup of spark plugs, air filter, ignition coil and some good tyres where you can go lower on the PSI(I am not aware of your current brand of tyres) . Pajero 3.5 is a reasonably powerful vehicle without any modifications. 

I think he drives the 3.8 which has plenty power once you build the momentum with it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It is a 3.8, so lots of potential. Either not enough gas or the power stops being delivered for some reason. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks @Wrangeld for taking us to another level in our driving experience. What I thought was impossible for me a few months ago, you help me prove possible by taking us through those technical dunes and making it through safely. It was also my first experience to climb at the big red. Those side slopings in the soft sands were really a challenge. Thanks @Brette , @Chaitanya D, @Anish S for sharing your experience in giving clear instructions whenever there are refusals in the convoy. I’m sure everyone enjoyed this morning’s drive.

See you all on our next adventure!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use