•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Extreme Desert Drive - Faqa Fast and Furious - Dubai - 22 May 2021

4 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Copy that @Lorenzo Candelpergher. Thanks

See you tomorrow morning. 

enjoy the drive @Rizwanm2.

• Like (+1) 4

Dear Desert Wanderers, 

@Ahab Shamaa, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Christian Andras, @Shaaz Sha, @Tero Vallas, @Shehab Alawadhi, @Francois Germishuys, @Rizwanm2@Ale Vallecchi kindly notice I have updated the meeting point as the previous one was giving some issues with Google Maps. 

Both here and in the drive details it is now: https://maps.app.goo.gl/JqXF57i8B1chp5wE8

See you tomorrow! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good morning. So I may have over slept..... my apologizes for that 😢 won’t happen again.

I hope there wasn’t anyone on the waiting list....

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 3

19 minutes ago, Christian Andras said:

Hi guys!

Hope you had a better continuation of the drive than the start. It was very sad to see you all ”vroooming” away, and living me behind, however, it was the right thing to do…From the technical point of view, I didn’t expect this to happen, not that bad. I have never, ever had a pop out, and felt a little bit ”overconfident” thinking “this doesn’t happen to me”, so I guess this was a small lesson in being more humble.

What I have done, is to change the tires from 285/70 to 275/65, keeping the same rims…Tires were brand new 2 days old. Misstake. The tyre guy today said the tires need a while to get a bit softer, and “mold” a bit to the rim. 

Many thanks to @Lorenzo Candelpergher for the swift and expert guidance with the 2 pop outs. Also thanks to the rest of you who helped. I know that everyone wants to help, but still when you are the one causing the delay, it’s so stressful knowing you’re keeping everybody still…

Went straight to the tyre shop, and fixed the tires. No damages, besides on of the tyre pressure sensors that broke. The biggest damage is the psychological one, cause my faith in the FJ, which has been rock solid until now, is somewhat weakened 😩. But I guess that happens sooner or later in any relationship 😂.

So I have already found new rims to buy, cause the only way out of this is beadlocks. Anyone has any opinion/knowledge about “Black Rhino Primm” rims??

A final word to @Gaurav: you told me the danger of starting modifying the car, where you get into a never ending spiral of more mods/more time/more money. Well, here I am, living the dream: bought the car like this, w 285/70 tires>no problems>started with extreme drives>front wheels where touching sometime>decided to lift the car just a notch + spacers> hitting got MUCH worse>removed spacers>better but still not perfect>changed to smaller tyres>Today it was perfect and I fell like a king for 10 minutes before getting a double pop-out…I hope the beadlock rims will put an end to this drama…

Hope to get the chance to have more drives like the first 2-3 extreme drives, which were magical, super intense and virtually with no stops/stucks/accidents…

See you!

/Chris

Dear @Christian Andras what ever happen your relation with the fj should never be affected😬. Tires are only shoes of the car, and I don't think relations with your friends are affected by .....🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Christian Andras don't jump the gun so soon with another wheel or tire or bead lock.

Tire when recently changed they use the lubricating kind of glue that indeed take time to seat the tire properly. Drive with your FJC for a week on road and try again.

Secondly every tire size and brand have a different deflation sweet spot based on vehicle weight and drive style. So keep increasing or decreasing 1 PSI on every drive to find that sweet spot. Example if you deflated at 10 PSI on today's extreme drive, try 11 next time and see if it pops out again. If does bump to 12 and if it doesn't keep at 11 for 3 drives and then lower back to 10 to 100% confirm that you had pop-out today coz of tire change glue.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

57 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

@Christian Andras don't jump the gun so soon with another wheel or tire or bead lock.

Tire when recently changed they use the lubricating kind of glue that indeed take time to seat the tire properly. Drive with your FJC for a week on road and try again.

Secondly every tire size and brand have a different deflation sweet spot based on vehicle weight and drive style. So keep increasing or decreasing 1 PSI on every drive to find that sweet spot. Example if you deflated at 10 PSI on today's extreme drive, try 11 next time and see if it pops out again. If does bump to 12 and if it doesn't keep at 11 for 3 drives and then lower back to 10 to 100% confirm that you had pop-out today coz of tire change glue.

Thanks for your input @Gaurav! I thought the same, cause it would be easier and definitely cheaper!!

But on the other hand I would feel very handicapped, always the fear of another popout, not being able to push the car, limping like a wounded animal at the back of the pack😭

Anyway, I’ll wait a few days before deciding.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use