•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Sand to Mountain: The Sequel - RAK - 21 May 2021

7 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts

a few info to prepare for next Friday drive.

The area we will visit is not the usual sand box where we drive every weekend, but an inhabited area, although sparsely, where local farmers raise camels and goats, and grow fodder and vegetables. There is an abundance of tracks, that we'll follow most of the times, except when we'll choose to cross or ride some cordons of dunes (also quite rich in vegetation). The beauty of this area is in its diversity, with plenty of trees, and scenic spots, overlooking stretches of sabkhas dotted with acacia trees, which make them look like like African savannahs. The most stunning feature of this region are the longitudinal dunes, which cover most of the western and southern perimeter: we will drive along them, across them, and on top of their soft sand ridges. The last part if the drive, time and heat permitting, may be a small plateau of soft red sand, ending abruptly in steep slip-faces, right at the foothills of the Ajari Mountains. Red sand against black rock.

It will be a scenic drive, with several photo opportunities, so feel free to bring your family, if you so desire. The driving will not be fast, and will not be extreme.

Also, considering the quality of the convoy, with a great deal of Intermediates and Fewbie Plus drivers, I would like to extend the RSVP to 12 members. Therefore, the convoy will be composed of @Watteau, @Niki, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @imranaasghar81, @Anvar Sadath Bekal, @JeromeFJ, @Ehab, @Rizwanm2, @Nithin Vaidir, @Goutam, as well the 2 additions of @Chris Wing and @PaoloMaraziti

More info, and the final convoy order will be provided on Thursday evening.

Have a great week.

@Chris Wing, I have opened up the convoy to 12 members, so you are IN. Please confirm. Thanks

@PaoloMaraziti, I have opened up the convoy to 12 members, so you are IN. Please confirm. Thanks

@andy_macdxb you are now #1 on the WL. 

Confirmed! Thanks @Ale Vallecchi!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Goutam may I ask if you joined the drive today? It was full yesterday, then one member withdrew, which opened up the waiting list, but I don't recall your name on it. Can you please clarify? Thanks a lot.

Yes i joined today. I had joined in the sole Intermediate drive initially yesterday evening but when i saw an opportunity here i exited that drive and joined here. If out of turn entry, put me in the waiting list please.

don't drive like its your last one.

1 minute ago, Goutam said:

Yes i joined today. I had joined in the sole Intermediate drive initially yesterday evening but when i saw an opportunity here i exited that drive and joined here. If out of turn entry, put me in the waiting list please.

Thanks @Goutam. I asked you because I had forgotten to close the drive after it reached its maximum RSVP, so when one member withdrew, signing was still open, even though there was already a waiting list, on which your name was not registered. To be fair to those who waitlisted yesterday evening, I will have to remove you from the drive, and place you on the waitlist, at #2. I will do my best to reopen the drive to include at least yourself and the #1 waitlisted. Just give me some time to see if it'll be possible. Thanks for understanding.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thanks @Goutam. I asked you because I had forgotten to close the drive after it reached its maximum RSVP, so when one member withdrew, signing was still open, even though there was already a waiting list, on which your name was not registered. To be fair to those who waitlisted yesterday evening, I will have to remove you from the drive, and place you on the waitlist, at #2. I will do my best to reopen the drive to include at least yourself and the #1 waitlisted. Just give me some time to see if it'll be possible. Thanks for understanding.

I understand, It was my mistake. I only saw the calendar and missed to consider there could be waitlists, and that it is still Monday. A day too soon to join like this.

This week everyone gets to go to just one drive each. 

Edited by Goutam
  • Sad (0) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Dear @andy_macdxb, dear @Goutam, I have decided to increase the final number of drivers to 14, so if you wish to still join this drive, please send me your confirmation, and I will add you to the convoy list. Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @andy_macdxb, dear @Goutam, I have decided to increase the final number of drivers to 14, so if you wish to still join this drive, please send me your confirmation, and I will add you to the convoy list. Thanks a lot.

Hi @andy_macdxb. Would you like me to confirm your presence? Thanks

Important Information

Terms of use