Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive RISE & SHINE FB+ - Shuwaib - Sharjah - 30 Jan 2022

Shaaz Sha

Hi @Shaaz Sha and fellow desert offroaders,

I have a suggestion to make regarding the name of this drive. It should have been Dune, Dunes & More Dunes.

OMG what a drive. Right from the beginning to end it was only one dune after another. After climbing some dunes and then encountering more which looked so impressive as super bowl, iftar bowl, pink rock or big red I started to awe about the dunes in that particular area. Wherever you look there are more dunes beckoning us to climb them and @Shaaz Sha gave us our fill of dune bashing today. The best part is no one in the convoy shied away from the challenge and infact seemed to enjoy them and thirst for more as if its dunes for breakfast. I even liked the part when the lead @Shaaz Sha stopped his car and let us play the climbs under his watchful eyes. Man we had our fill of dune bashing today. 

After deflation and putting up our flags to start the drive @Ashok chaturvedi sir just eyed the dune next to us and jokingly commented let us start by climbing this mean looking dune. Shaaz who always prepares the recipe for his drive slowly and gives us the time for warm up just started the drive by climbing the mean looking dune next to us like he put all the chilli, onions, mustard and the remaining spices into the hot oil in one shot and just wroomed into the dune with Ashok trailing him as a good 2nd lead. None in the convoy hesitated and followed the lead and the 2nd lead without batting an eye lid. The tone of the drive was set from that time. Don't know how Shaaz got this amazing route. 1 dune, 2 dune, 3 dune, dunes after dunes followed. The convoy responded better than a Fewbie Plus level and elevated themselves to an IM level or sometimes even into an Extreme level when it came to climbing those dunes. @Stav,@Waqas Parvez, @Vaibhav, @Rsjiv Samuel, @MMansoor, @imranaasghar81, @Junaid120120 all drove extremely well considering the terrain with minimal refusals or stucks. 

Thank you Mayank @munkybizness for displaying your prowess in tugging out @Stav from the crested situation - I believe it was the only time the rope was needed. He displayed his worthiness as a true CF by ready with clear instructions when someone had a refusal which was rare today. I believe he will soon apply for his role as a support team member and will be a good team player. 

What should I comment for our 2nd lead @Ashok chaturvedi. I will not as he is a very senior member in @Carnity and executed the responsibility perfectly as per the wishes of the lead. 

In short we had enormous fun in the morning. Will join more of Shaaz drives in the future.         

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Just a thought do you think a traditional flat tow rope instead of the kinetic rope would of been better to tow with ?

• Like (+1) 3

@Shaaz ShaAmazing drive. Loved every single bit of it.  everyone drove very well with very few refusal and good self recovery. 

@Ashok chaturvedivery good job with 2nd lead and informing the behind car of the terrain. 

@munkybizness excellent job with being the CF and guiding all the one with refusals 

@Thomas Vargheseless Action for you as a sweep as everyone drove well but you being in the convey is always fun. looking forward to the pictures

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 minute ago, Vaibhav said:

@Shaaz ShaAmazing drive. Loved every single bit of it.  everyone drove very well with very few refusal and good self recovery. 

@Ashok chaturvedivery good job with 2nd lead and informing the behind car of the terrain. 

@munkybizness excellent job with being the CF and guiding all the one with refusals 

@Thomas Vargheseless Action for you as a sweep as everyone drove well but you being in the convey is always fun. looking forward to the pictures

Pics are already in the gallery

• Like (+1) 2

Truth be told, last night when the convoy order was uploaded, I was both excited and nervous to see myself in the CF position. Having seen so many other amazing CFs in this club with much more seniority and experience than me, it was a tremendous opportunity and responsibility. Of course, with such amazing drivers around, I also had little to do because there was so much wisdom available from all quarters. For trusting me with this role, and then coaching me, guiding me, and helping me learn so much more, thank you so much @Shaaz Sha. I'm deeply grateful for the experience and the confidence.

Add to this, two strong, sharp, precise and insightful voices in the form of @Ashok chaturvedi and @Thomas Varghese, and it was more a case of following a crisp masterclass than using much of my own faculty. Thank you both for your guidance, insights and encouraging words today. It is truly an honour to drive with you.

@Stav - for your first FB+ drive in this area with the pace that Shaaz throws at you, you did really well. The refusals were mostly due to letting off the throttle before the crests. In soft sand areas such as these, it's always a tough balance to strike. You'll find your sweet spot in no time. Thanks to you, I got the chance to break out my brand new recovery rope & shackles :) 

@Waqas Parvez - you make that Prado look so good - great drive!

@Vaibhav - following you, you made it look so easy and you were setting an excellent pace, so much so that at times, I had to force myself to increase the gap even if I was enjoying being the wagon on your train so much.

@Rsjiv Samuel - I had the opportunity to view your lines in my rear-view and they were sublime. You kept excellent distance, used it really well to build momentum and rerouted when you saw me bouncing on the bumps. All in all, you set a great line for the rear end of the convoy.

@imranaasghar81 - Shaaz really loves you (and us). We literally started our drive with a high dune :D. We're using you to send in drive route suggestions in the future.

@MMansoor - didn't catch much of your drive but you looked so relaxed, I'm certain it was fun in your order and any sand that Waqas and I hadn't churned up, you definitely would have :lol:

@Junaid120120 - Great job for keeping your cool through the entire ordeal, and for giving me the opportunity to try my first offroad tow-tug. I hope you got your recovery sorted. And that the issue is fixed soon.

See you all out on the sands again soon 🐵

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 4

2 hours ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Just a thought do you think a traditional flat tow rope instead of the kinetic rope would of been better to tow with ?

Kinetic rope is solely for recovery while towing rope ( no kinetic ) been used for towing 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

22 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

Truth be told, last night when the convoy order was uploaded, I was both excited and nervous to see myself in the CF position. Having seen so many other amazing CFs in this club with much more seniority and experience than me, it was a tremendous opportunity and responsibility. Of course, with such amazing drivers around, I also had little to do because there was so much wisdom available from all quarters. For trusting me with this role, and then coaching me, guiding me, and helping me learn so much more, thank you so much @Shaaz Sha. I'm deeply grateful for the experience and the confidence.

Add to this, two strong, sharp, precise and insightful voices in the form of @Ashok chaturvedi and @Thomas Varghese, and it was more a case of following a crisp masterclass than using much of my own faculty. Thank you both for your guidance, insights and encouraging words today. It is truly an honour to drive with you.

@Stav - for your first FB+ drive in this area with the pace that Shaaz throws at you, you did really well. The refusals were mostly due to letting off the throttle before the crests. In soft sand areas such as these, it's always a tough balance to strike. You'll find your sweet spot in no time. Thanks to you, I got the chance to break out my brand new recovery rope & shackles :) 

@Vaibhav - following you, you made it look so easy and you were setting an excellent pace, so much so that at times, I had to force myself to increase the gap even if I was enjoying being the wagon on your train so much.

@Rsjiv Samuel - I had the opportunity to view your lines in my rear-view and they were sublime. You kept excellent distance, used it really well to build momentum and rerouted when you saw me bouncing on the bumps. All in all, you set a great line for the rear end of the convoy.

@imranaasghar81 - Shaaz really loves you (and us). We literally started our drive with a high dune :D. We're using you to send in drive route suggestions in the future.

@MMansoor - didn't catch much of your drive but you looked so relaxed, I'm certain it was fun in your order and any sand that Waqas and I hadn't churned up, you definitely would have :lol:

@Junaid120120 - Great job for keeping your cool through the entire ordeal, and for giving me the opportunity to try my first offroad tow-tug. I hope you got your recovery sorted. And that the issue is fixed soon.

@munkybizness yes you are right. The best role you played today as CF was the tugging of @Junaid120120's dead weight car after the radiator leak. I won't say it was 100% perfect but on a scale of 1 to 10 I will give you a score of 8. Pretty good for someone who is doing it for the 1st time. I noticed you didn't struggle much when climbing up with a dead weight tied to your car, not because you had a powerful car but because your throttle control was correct. Why I didn't give you 10 out of 10 is because when you slowed down the rope behind you became too slack and I was afraid it would entangle with Junaid's car tire. By the grace of God it happened only once. Yes Junaid should have applied brakes to slow down when you slowed down but when you are towing someone who is already stressed by the mechanical failure of a brand new car the towing driver shouldn't slow down. I know in time you will master this art too

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

\

•  

Hi @Shaaz Sha , @Ashok chaturvedi @Stav,@Waqas Parvez, @Vaibhav, @MMansoor, @imranaasghar81, @munkybizness@Junaid120120 @Thomas Varghese

convey did amazing well, in one driver i have never experienced dunes, dunes and dunes, which is endless. 

@Shaaz Shathe route you have selected was amazing. At beginning without any warmup, you have started with a dune and till end it was mind blowing drive with same pace. each dunes is different face.

looking for drives with you all in coming days. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

36 minutes ago, munkybizness said:

@munkybiznessyou did a excellent job. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Shaaz ShaWhat an incredible drive that left me dumbfounded, We didn't need a warm-up; the big dunes started one after the other and never stopped; the drive was perfectly balanced with high-speed dunes and technical driving;  always felt confident following your lead and trusting your track; would love to drive with you again.

@Thomas Varghese The should be named as Shaaz Bowl :) , thank you for sweeping 

@munkybizness Perfect example of an CF and thank you for the recover.

@Ashok chaturvedi Thank for you guidance, having you among the convey gives a lot of confidence  

Rest of the crew drove beautifully looking forward for more drives, I've uploaded a few photos to the gallery.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use